Happyness is a warm gun

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a Beatles song that U2 did a cover of. Its from the White Album. U2's version, i believe, is on the Last Night on Earth single. I'm not sure of its meaning though. All I know is that its about happiness..and warm guns I think.

------------------
"You gotta put the women and children first, but you've got an unquenchable thirst for New York..."

it is on the Last Night on Earth single
personally I don't like that song at all and hardly listen to it
frown.gif

(I don't know the original Beatles version)

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

thanks a lot. I already found the original (Beatles) song, but I must say that I like the u2 version better.
But what?s that fix he keeps saying? Where the Beatles into drugs back on the White Album or am I getting it all wrong?

am

------------------
Careful - we don?t want to learn from this!
-Calvin and Hobbes

Almost all of the songs from The White Album are disjointed, many are angry, and some are just plain weird. But I still love it.

Originally posted by Drowning Party Girl:
The song is about choking the chicken! Spanking the monkey! I know you won't believe me, but it is!

WE'VE GOT A WINNER!

You can't hear Bono's wrap too well, but he speaks of wearing mirrors on his shoes (which are perfect for looking up women's skirts....*cough* so I've heard
wink.gif
) and his hands are 'working overtime' (um...self explanatory) He needs a 'fix' (don't we all) cuz he's 'goin down' (his hands are going down...his pants)

The Beatles were a real f*cked up band I tell ya. Great song though, either version you hear.

Originally posted by Surge:

You can't hear Bono's wrap too well, but he speaks of wearing mirrors on his shoes (which are perfect for looking up women's skirts....*cough* so I've heard
wink.gif
) and his hands are 'working overtime' (um...self explanatory) He needs a 'fix' (don't we all) cuz he's 'goin down' (his hands are going down...his pants)

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom