GQ - 'Band of the year' scans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah I see unicorn answered as well. :)

And I just saw that the site says Lara Stone is a Dutch model. :wink:

I accidentally skipped all episodes of Hollands next top model. So that might explain. Ohmy.

I only know one Dutch model and thats Doutzen Kroes!
Since when does Holland produce top models :giggle:

ETA: I just wiki'd her, she's a total traitor, she went to live in Paris :tsk:
Out of all countries.

I think she's on almost every cover in every country actually. :| I have not seen ANY of the other covers yet.

Checked my local Barnes and Noble today - still the September issue. I'll try and swing by Pike Place Market tomorrow or Wednesday - that's my usual go-to place for foreign magazines.

I'm in Ireland on vacation right now. Managed to come across two copies of the U2 cover in Dublin, one for myself and one for my friend who's traveling with me. I haven't seen any since.

bonovincentpeters.jpg

u2vincentpeters.jpg

OMG! I love all of them. :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Just checked my store... Still the frigging september issue.
Came home with a new book with some U2 photo's in it, that I have never seen.
Its the band around War era It hink with some trees on the background they are made by Kees Tabak,
does this ring a bell to anyone? Or I'll scan them in asap.

If anyone is desperate for a copy I would have no problems looking around and seeing if I can find a few more while I'm in Ireland and sending them when I get back to to Canada. But I don't have a paypal account or anything (and I can't really afford to just buy them for people...sorry!) but if something could be worked out I'd do my best. :shrug:

I love the way that none of us can get over how amazing this photoshoot is! :lol: Right, I've managed to track down an extra copy of the mag, with U2 on the cover. I don't really need reimbursing for it or anything, I'm just happy to help a fellow fan out! Just not sure how to go about choosing who gets it. Any ideas? :shrug:

Whoever has an extra copy: I'd be more than happy to have it. Please just send me a pm. I looked around today in another store with magazines, but just Lara Something again :angry:

Just checked my store... Still the frigging september issue.
Came home with a new book with some U2 photo's in it, that I have never seen.
Its the band around War era It hink with some trees on the background they are made by Kees Tabak,
does this ring a bell to anyone? Or I'll scan them in asap.

That would be cool domo :up: Can't really say for sure if that sounds familiar... U2 and trees? :hmm: :lol: Wouldn't hurt to post them anyway!

That would be cool domo :up: Can't really say for sure if that sounds familiar... U2 and trees? :hmm: :lol: Wouldn't hurt to post them anyway!
I'll scan them after work today.
They are pretty, I especcially like Edge in these pics, and thats rare for anything pre-90's :drool:

Damn, Pike Place Market has let me down. Nothing but whats-her-name covers.

GQ produced

a. 1.000.000.000.000 copies with Lara Stone on the cover
2. 10 copies with U2 on the cover

I just think they're missing a big chance here by not selling any more issues with the U2 cover. There are enough wild women out there who are willing to pay extra prices to have that thing in their hands.

what's making me giggle is the fact that people seem to have found copies with U2 on the cover easily in Ireland - it's like the Irish don't really give a shit haha :D

The same thing happened with a magazine that had Star Trek captain covers a few years back. Captains Kirk and Piccard weren't mass produced.
Patrick Stewart is a Yorkshireman and his cover was impossible to get in the Yorkshire area according to what the guy at WHSmith said when I got the GQ mag 2 weeks ago.

Haven't seen the U2 one since :slant:

Yes. The one place near me all had Lara Stone. AND they were out of the protective wrapper. I'll bet no U2 even shipped to the US.

Hmm they are never in wrappers here, all the GQ's are always open, but yeah, I've yet to see any of the other covers.

Oh right, I just meant I've never seen them sold over here like that. You can always flip through most any magazine, at least from what I've always seen.

Back
Top Bottom