For Cat Lovers Only XVII - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moka is home and in our guest bedroom being very curious and not timid at all. Nochi is on the other side of the door trying to figure this all out. Nochi knows its another cat and is very curious and not aggressive at all but I am not going to introduce them yet. Like I said there are smells of Nochi in there already but I am still gonna switcharoo with a towel with her smell and vice versa.

Moka is sticking a small part of her paw under the door and Nochi is just right there.. not moving, laying right in front of that corner of the door.

Sounds normal so far. :D

Moka is home and in our guest bedroom being very curious and not timid at all. Nochi is on the other side of the door trying to figure this all out. Nochi knows its another cat and is very curious and not aggressive at all but I am not going to introduce them yet. Like I said there are smells of Nochi in there already but I am still gonna switcharoo with a towel with her smell and vice versa.

Moka is sticking a small part of her paw under the door and Nochi is just right there.. not moving, laying right in front of that corner of the door.

Awesome!! Congratulations again.

You're definetely going about this the right way. It will take a couple of days but a very gradual introduction is the only way to do this.

When you do let them meet face to face the little one is probably going to flip over and be submissive. Even though Nochi may not have aggresive tendecies, you should definetely be very close by maybe even keep a hand on Nochi's back to remind her to go easy on the little one.

looking forward to seeing some pics of Moka

crazycatlady128573310310454936.jpg

^ :giggle:

I'm so out of the loop with this thread, but Amy, you have a new kitty? Pics on FB?

I swear, the pup was fast asleep the other night with his head on my lap and Mofo came over and lay right on top of his head. :der: Cesar didn't even twitch. It's times like that I need a roommate or something to be able to take a picture. Classic.

DSC07651.jpg

We were out to my bro's for a quick stop so I could see Cassidy. Dad adopted him from the Rescue League in 2001 when he was three. He was diabetic until this year when it went into remission. lol at the look he's giving me. "Do I smell cat, do I smell another cat? Prrowr, whatever, you know I'm beautiful" He'll always be 'my' kitty as he was my companion through some very lonely years :heart:

:cute: aww. Good to hear they're not aggressive towards each other. That's a good sign.

Pepo, cute cat you got. :D And great name, too!

DSC07651.jpg

We were out to my bro's for a quick stop so I could see Cassidy. Dad adopted him from the Rescue League in 2001 when he was three. He was diabetic until this year when it went into remission. lol at the look he's giving me. "Do I smell cat, do I smell another cat? Prrowr, whatever, you know I'm beautiful" He'll always be 'my' kitty as he was my companion through some very lonely years :heart:

Aww that's adorable :lol:.

Ok, I have a question. Is it just a branch of the general jackassish behavior Bowie exudes, or is it some predatory cat-thing that he must come and pee in the litter box WHENEVER I am cleaning it out?

Ok, I have a question. Is it just a branch of the general jackassish behavior Bowie exudes, or is it some predatory cat-thing that he must come and pee in the litter box WHENEVER I am cleaning it out?

Cat thing for SURE. Saki tries to go in it before I even put fresh litter in. :crack: And when I do put fresh litter, both cats have to take a shit in it immediately.

With my previous cats, usually they'll WATCH me shovel their shit ("yesssss underling, you must clean up our crap"), but I've never had one have the nerve to just come on in and have a go at it :lol:.

Cat thing for SURE. Saki tries to go in it before I even put fresh litter in. :crack: And when I do put fresh litter, both cats have to take a shit in it immediately.

Its a cat thing. Keto sometimes comes and sits there looking at me while I'm cleaning and as soon as I am done he will go in and use it. He doesn't do this regularly though.

Speaking of Litterbox use, do any of your cats spray urine outside the litterbox?

Our monster does this regularly and I have to put extra liners and things outside the litterbox because for some reason he always manages to get some urine outside the box.

Miep also always goes directly after I cleaned her litterbox. She never leaves everything outside though, as it's a covered box.

Lily always supervises, digs around in the fresh litter for a few minutes, and then uses the box immediately after changing it. Wesley comes in to see what I'm doing but then leaves and doesn't use it until he actually needs to. But there are some days when I change it and then find him sleeping in the freshly cleaned (and unused) box. I'm kind of a clean freak when it comes to the litter box so not only do I scoop daily but if I have time, I change it twice a week instead of once a week. So I think Wesley is just used to me always digging around in his closet :der:

While were on the subject of litter boxes, one thing that I do find strange is that Wesley will do his business of any kind in the box, spend a few minutes covering it up, leaves the room, and then a few minutes later he's in there covering it up again. :huh: Or after I scoop he will go in there and start digging around.

The covered box had crossed my mind but, I remember reading somewhere that that's not a good thing for cats.

The article talked about how cats feel they are at their most vulnerable when they're going to the bathroom and so they like to be able to have a clear view and an option to bolt in any direction they want to. and obviously a covered box would negate all of that.

So even though Keto is in no actual danger when he's doing his business I think instictively he would prefer to have things open around him.

I don't know. I might have to rethink about the covered box and see if he goes for it

Saki does the cover up twice thing lol. He'll come back a few minutes later and make sure its covered up. Only for poop though. Whereas Zoey doesnt even cover up her poop :yuck:

As far as covered litterboxes.. hmm I've never heard that but I had one for a long time and they always stuck their head out when they used it lol. If its big enough like those big booda dome boxes it might be ok.

Bowie doesn't cover up his poop until the next time he goes to the bathroom. It makes me want to destroy things when I walk in the room right after he's used the restroom :sick:

Moka and Nochi had a accidental meeting yesterday and nothing bad happened in fact Nochi got a little scared, showed no aggresion. Moka is anxious to leave the room which is what prompted this encounter. I wasn't there but hubby said it was ok. This morning she escaped again in my son's room next door and nochi just kind of kept her distance and didn't approach. I will get pics I promise, I tried last night but she was all over the place and I couldn't get any good ones. lol Tonite I think I am going to let Moka out for a few minutes and put Nochi in her room. We will see how it goes from there. I think this weekend I will let her roam several times and go from there. I probably will be able to get some decent pictures then. The lighting in that room sucks too.

I think they are almost ready to hang out together supervised. :D Dont worry if they hiss or growl at each other, that's totally normal. Oh! I forgot another interesting tip. If you have vanilla extract, when they're ready to properly meet, dab just a bit on each cat on the back of their necks, the base of the tail, and under the chin. This will sort of make them 'smell the same' when they come face to face and might have less hissing or growling, etc.

I think they are almost ready to hang out together supervised. :D Dont worry if they hiss or growl at each other, that's totally normal. Oh! I forgot another interesting tip. If you have vanilla extract, when they're ready to properly meet, dab just a bit on each cat on the back of their necks, the base of the tail, and under the chin. This will sort of make them 'smell the same' when they come face to face and might have less hissing or growling, etc.

yeah, I think they are about ready too.. Actually think by this weekend that they can be out roaming the house together. This should be fun.. lol :D

I have never heard of that, but it sounds like a good idea. Also, makes total sense. I will give that a try this weekend.

I've never heard of this method. have you used it and does it work ? :hmm:

I'm assuming Vanilla extract is safe for a cat to ingest if they end up licking it off.

Hey if it works, I'll just spray Keto with vanilla extract. It'll be like have a walking air freshner in the house. :lol:

Yeah that's why they say to use something like that that they can ingest and it wont harm them. Just a DAB though. not like pour it on them lol. It's like if you sprayed perfume on yourself and the same perfume on someone else, you would pretty much smell the same and not hiss at each other. :wink:

Yeah that's why they say to use something like that that they can ingest and it wont harm them. Just a DAB though. not like pour it on them lol. It's like if you sprayed perfume on yourself and the same perfume on someone else, you would pretty much smell the same and not hiss at each other. :wink:

yeah, I hate when some woman hisses and growls at me when I am walking in the mall.. :lol: But when I encounter one that has the same as me we are all huggy and stuffz. :D

Now that i am with her more she is more black than brown. I really think she is a bombay (american bombay) after researching online a bit (at least 90% Bombay at the very least, she has a spot where she has a couple white hairs, on her belly area). She has the eyes (gold-orangeish copper), body and personality of a Bombay. I will take more pics soon I promise..:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom