For Cat Lovers Only XVI - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Luigi :( Is it Stomatitis? A friend of mine on the cat forum I'm on has a cat that's had this problem for years. It comes and goes I think though with treatment. Does he act normal or does he act like he's irritated? Poor guy I hope you guys can get it cleared up. :hug:

as far as the ulcers around his mouth, they don't seem to irritate him at all and there really is no change in his behavior.

However, i was gone all day on friday and didn't get home until early afternoon saturday and noticed he now has additional skin irritations/scabs along his back and he's got a HUGE bald spot behind his front leg. the skin looks pretty raw :sad: calling the vet the first thing in the morning. he does act like he is bothered by the bald spot the most now.:sad::sad::sad:

as far as the ulcers around his mouth, they don't seem to irritate him at all and there really is no change in his behavior.

However, i was gone all day on friday and didn't get home until early afternoon saturday and noticed he now has additional skin irritations/scabs along his back and he's got a HUGE bald spot behind his front leg. the skin looks pretty raw :sad: calling the vet the first thing in the morning. he does act like he is bothered by the bald spot the most now.:sad::sad::sad:

oh noes cari! I hope the vet can help with this. Poor guy.. :hug:

Let us know what happened at the vet.

oh noes cari! I hope the vet can help with this. Poor guy.. :hug:

Let us know what happened at the vet.

well, luigi had his vet visit. not only did i have to bring him to the vet, but it was also during a bad thunder & lightening storm. he was not happy :(

The vet still believes that the issue is eosihophilis granulana complex (EGC) and unfortunately he was non-responsive to the oral steroids. i didn't want to give him the shot because there are potential side effects & adverse events, but the vet didn't offer up any other options to try and treat this so it doesn't get worse. i did do some research on the condition and what i've read (although i am far from an expert) this seems to be a common step for vets to take and is never the first choice of treatment. but as i said, luigi was not responsive at all to the oral steroid.

he's been giving me the evil eye since we've gotten home, and is quite lethargic :sad:

Edit: after i wrote this, he just came into my room, meowed, jumped up and is purring sitting next to me on the chair and headbutting my arm. :hug: one of his ears are flat and his eyes are heavy :( poor guy.

Poor sweetheart. I'm so sad for you.. it sounds pretty bad :( Do you think a second opinion might be wise? I'm not familiar with his condition but it seems like there must be something else that can be done before taking such a risk with the harsher treatment.

yes, i think you're right, a second opinion sounds like a good idea. the one i go to specializes in felines, is very well respected and has a good reputation but just to have another opinion will not hurt at all. i am going to look up some other vets.... i know there is another vet clinic in my town. hopefully this one shot should do the trick because i don't want this to be used as a "course" of treatment that he'll need to get regularly.

well, luigi had his vet visit. not only did i have to bring him to the vet, but it was also during a bad thunder & lightening storm. he was not happy :(

The vet still believes that the issue is eosihophilis granulana complex (EGC) and unfortunately he was non-responsive to the oral steroids. i didn't want to give him the shot because there are potential side effects & adverse events, but the vet didn't offer up any other options to try and treat this so it doesn't get worse. i did do some research on the condition and what i've read (although i am far from an expert) this seems to be a common step for vets to take and is never the first choice of treatment. but as i said, luigi was not responsive at all to the oral steroid.

he's been giving me the evil eye since we've gotten home, and is quite lethargic :sad:

Edit: after i wrote this, he just came into my room, meowed, jumped up and is purring sitting next to me on the chair and headbutting my arm. :hug: one of his ears are flat and his eyes are heavy :( poor guy.

oh noes! poor Luigi! :hug: x infinity. I hope he gets better. And yes, do a second opinion.. He's ur baby and I am sure no I know you are gonna do what is best for him.

Hang in there Cari we love you both!:grouphug:

yes, i think you're right, a second opinion sounds like a good idea. the one i go to specializes in felines, is very well respected and has a good reputation but just to have another opinion will not hurt at all. i am going to look up some other vets.... i know there is another vet clinic in my town. hopefully this one shot should do the trick because i don't want this to be used as a "course" of treatment that he'll need to get regularly.

:up:

From what I read briefly he should only need a couple of cortisone shots when it acts up. So maybe they diagnosed it wrong or something else needs to be tried.

Lila, arw, MsPurrl.... thanks mucho for the well wishes for the young man :hug:

he was behaving a bit more normal this morning; he was more alert, walking around just fine, stretching up againsts every wall he walks near, rubbing his chin along every edge he comes across.... just not as talkative.

still going to have him looked at again though by another vet's office.
ids_emoticon_cat.gif

Lila, arw, MsPurrl.... thanks mucho for the well wishes for the young man :hug:

he was behaving a bit more normal this morning; he was more alert, walking around just fine, stretching up againsts every wall he walks near, rubbing his chin along every edge he comes across.... just not as talkative.

still going to have him looked at again though by another vet's office.
ids_emoticon_cat.gif

Aww, I'm glad he's feeling better! Hitting up a 2nd vet office can't hurt, though!

I rub up against every Edge I come across, too.... wait, not what you meant, huh? :shifty:

Hope he's back to feeling awesome ASAP!

Best wishes to Luigi. Hopefully he's on the mend and will be back to normal in a short while.

Ms The Edge, that was an awesome illustration of what goes on at my house also. :applaud:

The only bad thing is, when Keto slaps my face to wake me up, he has his claws out and it hurts like hell.

Aww, I'm glad he's feeling better! Hitting up a 2nd vet office can't hurt, though!

I rub up against every Edge I come across, too.... wait, not what you meant, huh? :shifty:

Hope he's back to feeling awesome ASAP!

Thanks Ms The Edge! your comment was awesome and it made me :giggle: being an edge girl myself :heart:

Best wishes to Luigi. Hopefully he's on the mend and will be back to normal in a short while.

Thanks bunches Drowningman!

Phoebe was still doing her funky ear-shaking thing. All other behavior was fine, and she's not even been scratching her ears - you could just tell they were bothering her.

The vet said it's definitely not mites, and all he could see was a bit of wax and some redness in one of the ears. So I have some ear drops that he said clear up a lot of that miscellaneous stuff.

We'll see how it goes putting them in tonight. She was pretty traumatized after the drops he gave her at the office. (To say nothing of the thermometer she had shoved up her butt!)

Poor kitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom