For Cat Lovers Only XV - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
still no food but I think he is starting to get his sense of smell back. I heated up a fresh can of food and he was more interested than he has been. He just didn't eat anything. I think he's feeling much better. He doesn't sound as plugged up today and he's been all over the house getting into tons of trouble :crack:

still no food but I think he is starting to get his sense of smell back. I heated up a fresh can of food and he was more interested than he has been. He just didn't eat anything. I think he's feeling much better. He doesn't sound as plugged up today and he's been all over the house getting into tons of trouble :crack:

Good sign if he's so active!

MrPurrl called a while ago and said that Callie seems a bit off: not eating much (which is not like her at all--we usually have to feed her just a little, once an hour, because she'll snarf up everything that's put down, then barf) and lethargic. No sneezing, eyes are clear, no vomiting or diarrhea. Called the vet and was told to keep a watch on her and to bring her in Friday if she's not better. And if she gets worse, go to the Pet Emergency Clinic. Damn! :huh:

How old is Callie? Hope its nothing serious and she's just having an off day. :hug:

Thanks, Sicy. She's probably somewhere around 7. We got her from the Humane Society in February 2005 shortly after we lost Miss Purrl. At her first vet visit, they estimated that she was probably about 2 at the time. She seems much better this evening. Eating normally, as active as usual, even took a swat at Fergus when he was bugging her. :lol: So, hopefully, it was just a passing thing. I guess kitties get the "I don't feel goods" sometimes, too. Still, we will keep watch on her tonight and tomorrow.

I guess kitties get the "I don't feel goods" sometimes, too.

Definitely. I remember Zoey stopped eating her dry food one day for absolutely no reason. She was acting find otherwise but of course I was worried. She'd eat a little wet food though and then a day or two later she resumed as normal. So I do think they get tummy aches or not feel good just like us.

Wesley just ate!!!! :hyper:

:crack:

just dry on the floor not in his bowl :coocoo: No wet or water but this is a start. I was at work tonight and the parents were out for a bit. They said he was in the same spot on the porch 2 hours later when they got back. But he had dry food and water next to him so maybe he had a drink at least.

He got into huge trouble tonight...jumping on the kitchen counter and forbidden living room furniture. But he seems to respond to the spray bottle and hides under the table once he's sprayed and the loud "NO" is yelled at him. I have to get more bottles this weekend. One for each room! He's going to wear us all out! I'm just so happy he ate a decent meal. Hopefully he will continue.

I hope your baby is ok MsPurrl!

Funny story to share with you guys: my older (2 yrs) cat Micki disappeared the other night when I was showing a movie to friends in my backyard. I always tell people to make sure they close the door when going in/out because at night when she slips out she just bolts into the shadows, as opposed to the daytime when she'll just slowly walk around.

Anyway I looked for her outside at various points during the movie with a flashlight, couldn't find her anywhere. After the movie ended I kept my front door open with some food outside and just read in my living room until like 2am. Nothing. I closed my screen door and just crashed on the couch so I could hear her if she tried to come back. In the middle of the night I woke up a couple times to the sound of food being eaten but when I'd go out there's be nothing there, and I figured it was probably a local stray cat, possum, or raccoon.

In the morning, I went outside again, couldn't find her, and really started to get worried. Then, around 10am when I'm sitting at my computer, I turn around and she comes sauntering into my room! WTF??

I walk out into the hallway and my roommate tells me that he heard some weird scratching sounds when he woke up, and couldn't figure out where it was coming from, until he opened up THE DRYER and found Micki inside! Apparently she had found a nice comfy spot on the clothes I left there the night before, and when my roommate came home he saw the dryer open a crack and just closed the door.

I'm amazed that she remained in there for that long and didn't bother to make herself known until like 10 hrs later, but I'm also relieved that I didn't happen to run my clothes for another 10-15 minutes before taking them out as I usually do. The horror!

:ohmy:

close one indeed!

we witnessed a cat being bought in one time after being accidently closed into a dryer, poor thing was panting with tongue out.......

Laz wish we had more pics of ur wee one. she is so cute in the pics, esp the last one of her draped over chair! thou yea, aware she will be more grown up now, but still!

Oh god that's a scary story and one of the worst places cats can get into. She probably decided to find a quiet comfy spot while you had company over. It reminds me of a time I thought one of my cats got out and we searched for HOURS outside, just gutted, I was a complete wreck and come to realize like 6 hours later that something had spooked him and he was under the bed in a small crevice the whole time. :crack:

since last night Wesley has eaten two full servings of dry food, 1 entire can of wet, and some water. I can now relax. :crazy: This little boy has worn me out over the past few days.....

By the time I got home from work yesterday, Alex said that Callie was doing better--he'd gotten her to eat a little bit of chicken, which she kept down. She was asleep on the love seat, so I went over and sat down by her and was stroking her head and back. After a few minutes, she woke up, stretched, acknowledged I was there (a lick on my hand), then got up, stretched, hopped down to the floor, and started lobbying for food! We gave her a little less than her customary serving, and she snarfed it up! Then she flopped on the living room floor and invited tummy rubs, then started playing with her Fat Cat toy. She even hissed at Fergus when he was bugging her, so we knew she was feeling better. :lol:

This morning she seemed her usual self--ate her food, used the litter box, and settled in for her morning nap. So I am hopeful that things are back to normal. Quite a scare she gave us! :yikes:

By the time I got home from work yesterday, Alex said that Callie was doing better--he'd gotten her to eat a little bit of chicken, which she kept down. She was asleep on the love seat, so I went over and sat down by her and was stroking her head and back. After a few minutes, she woke up, stretched, acknowledged I was there (a lick on my hand), then got up, stretched, hopped down to the floor, and started lobbying for food! We gave her a little less than her customary serving, and she snarfed it up! Then she flopped on the living room floor and invited tummy rubs, then started playing with her Fat Cat toy. She even hissed at Fergus when he was bugging her, so we knew she was feeling better. :lol:

This morning she seemed her usual self--ate her food, used the litter box, and settled in for her morning nap. So I am hopeful that things are back to normal. Quite a scare she gave us! :yikes:

:up: Good news! I don't like it when they are sick!!! :tsk:

Years ago one of our cats did get put through the dryer. Luckily within the first minute we heard strange sounds and realized it. She was fine, but she never sneaked into that room again. :crack:

^ Yikes! :yikes: That's scary.

Yeeears ago, my family had a ferret that snuck into the dishwasher before it was started. It was not a happy ending and was very traumatic for all of us. I never start any appliance without double-checking to this day.

so my little Wesley is over his awful cold. Now that he feels good I don't know how much to feed him. :crazy: My vet said for his full, healthy weight he will gain 2-3 more pounds. In order to keep him lean and not overweight he said to take 1 can of food and split it in half for breakfast and dinner. Then have dry food available in case he's hungry in between. The problem is he eats the dry food at the same time as the wet so I almost feel like I should just give him the whole can in the morning and then a bowl of dry at night. Lily gets 1/4 cup of dry twice a day and a few Greenies at night for a treat and that's it. I feel like this plan for Wesley is way more food but I know he's still a growing boy.

Oh and by the way he purrs nonstop when he's next to me, which is pretty much all the time unless he's causing trouble on the upper level of the house. :heart: We have a gigantic plant/tree thing in our living room that he knocked over today. :shame: My dad cleaned it up but said Wes went into deep hiding for a few hours after that incident. He's also already familiar with the spray bottle and runs when he sees one of us when he knows he's in trouble. :cute:

I think that's a good food plan. My cats are fat because I let them free feed dry all day. :crack:

Otto has been crying for food a lot today. We feed him dry food throughout the day, and a bit of can food around dinner time. I didn't know if he was crying today because of food or his litter box, which needs to be cleaned (hubby, where are you???). I dumped the poop outside, and I did buy some more cat litter, but didn't do anything besides the above. I'll leave hubby to take care of it. I'm gonna see if Otto will nap with me. I can't keep my eyes open :crack:

Litterboxes should be completely changed and washed out at least once every couple weeks for 1 cat. For me I have to do it once a week. :crack:

Pictures of my sister's new cats. :cute:

This is Seymour. He is a rescue about a year old.
IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

And this is the blue point exotic short hair. He really doesn't have a name other than "Baby Cat." Sometimes he's called Oscar. :heart:

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

Sorry for the picture quality!

She's out of surgery, vet said everything went well. But she looks miserable :sad:

How I wish animals could talk and she could tell me exactly what hurts her. :(

I hate that collar she has to wear, poor thing cant even move without that thing getting in her way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom