For Cat Lovers Only XV - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No he won't eat treats either. But then again I've never given him any so I wasn't sure if he turned his nose up to that because it was unfamiliar.

You mean just open up a can of tuna and give him some?

Yeah. It's really stinky, so if he eats that then that could mean his nose is stuffed up. Or, he could just be being picky. You could try a different type of wet food?

yeah that didn't work. I don't eat meat so I didn't even know if that would be something my parents have in the house. I went into the kitchen and they are making tuna salad for dinner so they have a bunch of open cans on the counter :crazy: He didn't want anything. His nose is very stuffed right now but it has been all weekend and he's gobbled up everything that's been in his bowl. :huh:

Maybe get him started by putting some wet food on his paw or nose, then he will lick it and that might jump start his appetite.

*edit also try to feed him at the same times every day. They get used to the routine. My cats crack me up because they know the times they get wet food and they get ready and wait for it even before I get it out lol.

he still won't eat and now he sounds so much more plugged up than ever. He's not sneezing nearly like he was the other day but he's so stuffed up. He hasn't had any meds now since yesterday morning when he ate his wet food. I feel so bad now that I didn't take him to the vet today but I really thought last night that he was feeling so much better and didn't need to go. I wasn't expecting him to go on a hunger strike. I only work til around 1 tomorrow so if he hasn't eaten anything by the time I leave for work then I'll call the vet tomorrow and see what they have to say about bringing him in.

:crazy: I just want my little boy to be ok so I can get to know who he really is.

He'll get over this. :hug: I know its stressful though. Is he at least drinking water? If he becomes dehydrated than it could lead to more serious problems. I would even go as far as to dip his paws in water or wet him down with some water so he'll lick it off and at least get something. Not eating for a day probably isnt too bad but any longer than that would worry me.

no he hasn't done anything today at all. He's very active to the point that I just had to clean up some stuff down here so he doesn't break anything when he hops up on furniture he's not supposed to be on.

ok that worked. He's so calm that I just got a bowl of water and wet his paws down while he was laying down. He liked it off right away so I did it a few more times.

Oreo & Boomer went to the vet today for their annual checkup and vaccinations. The vet said they looked really healthy and beautiful, even if they might be a tad bit on the heavy side. Oreo weighed in at 14.5 lbs and Boomer at 16 lbs. She called them "big boned" and even "thick". :cute:

Boomer was the perfect gentleman the whole time, wasnt scared at all and even behaved when i put him into his kitty carrier. Oreo, on the other hand, threw a royal fit. First he refused to get into his kitty carrier (they each have their own since they are so "big"), then he meowed all 1.5 miles from the house to the vet. Once inside the vet office he refused to get out of the carrier and then during the exam he hissed and growled at the vet. But thats not the worst of it, when we got in the car to leave i smelled that awful famaliar smell...you know the one. I looked back in the back seat and Oreo had an "accident" in the kitty carrier. :|

Poor guy! Luckily he didnt get any on himself and im glad now that they each have their own carrier. I expected them to both be sore tonight and sleep alot but its funny that they are both really affectionate right now and fairly active. I did give them a few treats each after we got home to let them know i was sorry for taking them to that awful place :D But its good to know they both have a clean bill of health.

You are such a good kitty Dad. I am so proud. :D

Zoey doesnt mind being at the vet, she even head bonks all the workers. :cute: They love her. Saki on the other hand gets completely stressed out and freaks out. Luckily he's never had an accident in the carrier but that's not a surprising thing to happen when they get super freaked out. Glad they're both healthy and happy. :up:

Wesley went to the vet today and was such a good boy from the time I put him in the carrier until the time we got home. He did cry in the car both ways but other than that I had no problems with him. They gave him an IV and he even purred when one tech held him while the other stuck him with a gigantic needle. He was just at the start of being dehydrated but the vet said he really could have gone another day before any concerns. He does not need to be on meds since there is no fluid in his lungs. The vet said he will probably not eat for another day or two but if he hasn't eaten by Friday then we have to go back in. Otherwise they said he's a healthy boy. He has to go back in 2-3 weeks for a booster. Thankfully they have a vaccination clinic once a week so the appointment is half off. This is the first time I've gone to this vet. I picked it because it's the closest to my house and I know my aunt takes their dog to this place. We HATED the place Lily went to a few months ago when she was sick. They were just plain rotten towards her as she's not the easiest to deal with at the vet. My vet was very informative and patiently answered all of my questions. I have gone to all cat and dog visits for my sister's girls in the past few years and I just did not feel welcomed at any place we have been to. So I'm very pleased with my choice and will be taking Wesley there for any future visits.

But I'm still a worried mama over the fact that he won't eat and only wants to sleep. :sad:

Try some chicken broth (plain) or baby food (plain chicken or beef). I know it sounds odd but it wouldnt hurt to try everything. Also you could try warming up his wet food, it will bring out the smell. Hope he feels better soon. :hug:

It already smells so delicious as it is :barf:

I don't have any of the people food you mentioned other than tuna. If he won't eat his food warmed up then I'll have to get something for him tomorrow. The vet told me not to worry about it until the end of the week. But I am. :yikes: This particular vet is really close to the HS so they see a huge amount of sick kitties with these same symptoms all from the HS. I know they know what they are talking about so I need to relax :crack:

Mrs Garrison :cute: Do you have any recent pics? It's been a while. :)

arw, I hope Wesley is feeling better soon. :hug: I've enjoyed reading all your updates and seeing the pictures, and I'm sorry that your "honeymoon period" is marred by him being ill.

it has been a while, i dont have any new pics but i will take some soon. I do have some ipod videos of random kitty stuff.

arw, I hope Wesley is feeling better soon. :hug: I've enjoyed reading all your updates and seeing the pictures, and I'm sorry that your "honeymoon period" is marred by him being ill.

agreed....ARW i do hope Wesley gets better soon :hug:

You are such a good kitty Dad. I am so proud. :D

Zoey doesnt mind being at the vet, she even head bonks all the workers. :cute: They love her. Saki on the other hand gets completely stressed out and freaks out. Luckily he's never had an accident in the carrier but that's not a surprising thing to happen when they get super freaked out. Glad they're both healthy and happy. :up:

thank you :up: you know anytime i have a question i know right were to go to for help!

I could tell Oreo was super freaked out today because while we were waiting in the vet office he got on my lap (once i could get him out of the carrier, that is) and he curled up and put his head into the my arm to try and hide. Plus he was sort of shedding...more than normal...and he cried a bit. He didnt turn all mean until the vet came out and wanted to examine him.

thanks! In a weird way him being sick has actually been a good thing because I think he just needed his mommy the past few days so we were able to bond a little quicker than he might have otherwise.

Heating up the wet food only created a horrible smell in my house and a completely uninterested Wesley. He just found himself in the mirror in the other room so now we're having a showdown. His little tail is all over the place! :cute:

lol sorry. Just trying to help.

oh no problem. I'm happy to try any of your suggestions. I know you know what you are taking about it so if it gets him to eat then I'll try it. He did just jump on the bathroom counter where I have his bag of food and looked like he was going to eat the crumbs on the counter but he heard the birds outside and took off for the window. :cute:

:reject: can you stand one more Wesley post?!?! :happy:

in the bathroom closet staring at his cute little self in the mirror. :love:
IMG_4123.jpg

I took these after the vet. He passed out for a good hour.
IMG_4122.jpg

IMG_4120.jpg

I can always stand more Wesley pictures! Mrs. Garrison, your description of Oreo at the vet sounded exactly like Fergus a few weeks ago--including the accident in the carrier! So we all know what you mean. :lol:

That's good! It may pump up his appetite. Better than being lethargic.

So I got my cat spayed a few months ago and all seemed fine.

Yesterday I noticed this lump underneath her belly, took her to a vet and found she has a hernia and needs surgery. :cute:

So I got my cat spayed a few months ago and all seemed fine.

Yesterday I noticed this lump underneath her belly, took her to a vet and found she has a hernia and needs surgery. :cute:

Oh no! :( You shouldnt have to pay for it if its a result of the spay. :| (good for you for getting your cat spayed though).

I'm so Jealous of you guys and your semi pleasant visits to the Vet.

Taking Keto to the vet is like dragging a prisoner to the gallows !!

The last time he had to have a thorough exam and a couple of routine shots and it took, I'm not kidding here, "6" people to hold him down.

They have actually labeled him "Aggresive" in his little file. He's so not like that but, we can't seem to convince them otherwise.

Now when we take him there, they put on a shark diving Chain Mail suit before approaching him. :doh:

Does this look scary ???

Ketoathome-20.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom