For Cat Lovers Only XI - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lily doing a little light reading :D

IMG_1702.jpg

I love it when she sleeps like this :love:
IMG_1708.jpg

Thank you -- I adopted these two brothers after my heart had finally decided it needed another cat. This is Max. We lost him 9/2/2006 at the age of 17. But Max was a miracle cat. He was diagnosed with lymphoma of the bowels at the age of 15. We had only noticed he wasn't eating well, our big surprise! Luckily, we had a vet school at the university we worked at. At that time, they told us if we didn't do anything, he had 2 weeks. If we put him on steroids, maybe 2 months, but if we went the chemo route, who knew? Well, we did the chemo and had 2 good extra years with my little punk. All the doctors and nurses fell in love with him (his main doctor was a beautiful Italian woman--his main tech was an older Italian woman. When he started to get better, she said, "Now, he looks like a man!" :lol: We moved to Florida in March of 2006, I drove my car 2 days and he rode "shot-gun." He was a sweet little mama's boy. Jack and Smokey make my life complete. (Max is still with me -- in a little brown ceramic ginger jar with his sister, big black China--right by my computer stand).

maxieboo.jpg

OMG....what a beaut of a pic and kitteh. :sad: that pic should be framed..its very good..:up:

really hmmm.. Isabella is 15. Once they had a good grip on her it the biopsy was quick... That was pretty expensive.. Over 100 bucks just for the biopsy to send to the lab, the whole thing cost me 184 dollars..:|

Yeah, I don't know why they can't just get a needle and do one for Worf, I don't think they would have to remove the entire lump - but maybe it's different because Worf has fur over her lumps :shrug:

Anyway, I hope everything turns out okay for Isabella :hug:

:hug: It's amazing the fight for life some cats have. Our family cat Chichi was diagnosed with CRF at 16 and she lived to be 19 despite the vet saying she probably only had a few months to live.

Our China's nick-name was "Chi-Chi" -- I'll have to see if I can find a picture of her. I may have to find one to scan.

OMG....what a beaut of a pic and kitteh. :sad: that pic should be framed..its very good..:up:

My BFF's husband made stationery for me for Christmas last year as a surprise. Of course, I cried when I opened it. He had just a sweet little face (my old kitteh, not my BFF's husband, haha) ....

Yeah, I don't know why they can't just get a needle and do one for Worf, I don't think they would have to remove the entire lump - but maybe it's different because Worf has fur over her lumps :shrug:

Anyway, I hope everything turns out okay for Isabella :hug:

yeah, I wonder why cuz all they do is take a needle and basically prick the area and thats it.. Literally all of 2 secs.

thanks kelly! :hug: all that's bothering her right now is her conjuntivitis. Which makes her want to sleep more. We have the antibiotic ointment to treat that so she should be good soon.

When Zoey had a lump under her chin once they just stuck a needle in there and took a small sample.

What do you guys use to dispose the clumps you scoop out of the litter box? I had a cupboard full of plastic bags that I've been using, but I'm almost out (glad I could use them for something and not just toss them). I think I'm going to just use newspaper to wrap it up going forward - what do you all do?

Usually I scoop it into a plastic grocery bag and put it directly into the trash bin outside. If I'm dumping the entire boxes, I dump them into a large trash bag. If I don't have a big enough bag and still want to dump the entire box, I carry them waaaaaaay back to the "poop pile" back in the woods and dump it there (also where the dog poo is disposed).

If you want something more disposable...for walking my dogs I bought a pack of biodegradable bags from the pet store. They are smaller than a trash bag and have little ties at the top to close them. They would be good for wrapping up litter clumps.

maxieboo.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's so adorable, even I want to frame it. :love:

Hello swandiver, you have entered cat/kitten heaven. enjoy :wink:
:hug: to Jack and Smokey Joe..

So Bela was bad, too? I wondered if it was the pregnancy, or what I was feeding her, but I've never smelled anything so awful, it was gross! :yuck: I currently have 3 litter boxes, but now that the kittens have gotten bigger, I think I need to add a 4th one to the mix. I've read that you're supposed to have as many litter boxes as you have cats, plus one. I don't have enough rooms in my house, dammit! :scream: Unless I want to put one in the living room, or something. Don't think that's going to happen.

Yeah she was, but it's not as bad now. I don't have enough rooms either, and I'm not putting one in my bedroom.
I've been using one of the 30lb empty litter containers that have a snap/lock top to scoop into because it doesn't smell and I can re-use it and use less plastic bags.
I've got to move to a deeper litter box since I have alot of litter outside the litter boxes. I swear Maxie is obsessive compulsive and will scratch and sling litter and meow around the litter box. Then she finally does her thing only to go through this entire ritual of having every spec of litter thrown over and out of the box. I've got a large plastic storage container that is deeper, I'm about to graduate too. That mean's more litter though. Lovey goes to the door most of the time, and comes back in - but sometimes she takes off. So I can't do that on these really hot days. I just can't leave her out all day with afternoon thunderstorms and all. Beside's the fly's and ant's get to her food & water and she won't touch it anyway unless it's fresh.
Still, I love my kittens/cats.
They are alot of work and dedication, but they make me laugh more than anything else. (most days :wink:)

I went to let Lovey in and Jack & Maxie wrote this:

1jfo8462-487s';mv. lrkeoirqrk332;wpikkkkkkkkkkkksoieru386=32- gjldirtu'adja'4glos 490-atjpwetkoe. 1poi0opguoirk5u4pou5jg [[[[[[[[]]

then they ran...:hmm:

I know you all know what this means.. :tsk: they are retiring too their suite for the night.

That is such a gorgeous picture! :heart: Glad you got to have many happy years with him. :)

That little cat owns me. :angry:

:lol:

I went to let Lovey in and Jack & Maxie wrote this:

1jfo8462-487s';mv. lrkeoirqrk332;wpikkkkkkkkkkkksoieru386=32- gjldirtu'adja'4glos 490-atjpwetkoe. 1poi0opguoirk5u4pou5jg [[[[[[[[]]

then they ran...:hmm:

I know you all know what this means.. :tsk: they are retiring too their suite for the night.

:cute: :lol:

Zoey has opposable thumbs :sexywink:

bootoes.jpg

We're doomed! :yikes:

It was SO hot today, Maurice and Sugar looked miserable.
So they got baths :happy:
They actually didn't mind for once and even seemed to enjoy it. (Neither of them like water on them usually)
Unbelievably Maurice was a good boy and was very calm, and we were expecting the worse!
They both were very happy afterwards and are now snoozing on the kitchen floor together.

Mauricebath36-21-08.jpg

Mauricebath16-21-08.jpg

Mauricebath56-21-08.jpg

sugarbath6-21-08.jpg

Their fur is still drying in these pics :)

awww... cuteness :cute: ^^

i bet they were sure relieved after their baths.. poor things.. It's 100 degrees out and they have to walk around with those fur coats...ugh..

awww... cuteness :cute: ^^

i bet they were sure relieved after their baths.. poor things.. It's 100 degrees out and they have to walk around with those fur coats...ugh..

We gave our daughter's Maine Coon a hair cut a few weeks ago. He is the epitome of "scaredy cat" -- it would nice to be able to use a shaver on him, but we just had to cut it wish scissors. He looks motley, but he acts like he feels a lot better (we're in Florida). We kept the hair in a bag and I swear we could build another cat! A couple of before and after photos:

Murphy (Maine Coon) and Smokey -- the "Beta Boys":

2008_0424computerdown0426080013.jpg

Neo and Murphy, our Senior Kitties (8 years old):
2008_0610various0018.jpg

He looks so :scream: :giggle:

I think I might have to rename Jack after what he did this morning. Instead of Jack Flash, I think he's Jack Crash now. He was playing with a toy mouse in my parents' dining room, and their cat Leon jumped out from under the table to ambush him. Jack flew up in the air and ended up landing right on their bowls of food and water. Food went flying EVERYWHERE in two rooms, and Jack fluffed up and ran to hide. After I knew he was okay, I couldn't stop laughing, because I didn't think it was possible for somebody so little to make such a big mess!

^^ that's great :lol:

(and the pic of Maurice, I caught a pic of him meowing... he's a big talker, he meows constantly, he "talks" nonstop sometimes, if you talk to him he will answer you after every sentence :giggle: )

:giggle: your cat is like Bono! Can't stop talking eh!

:lol: I so love his name, it reminds me of that song, I think it's called The Joker :hmm: it has a line that goes: some people call me maurrrrice!

:cute: my kitty is back in my bed at nights.. after sleeping on MY computer chair for a few days :)grumpy: ) she now is back to cuddle agian!

:giggle: your cat is like Bono! Can't stop talking eh!

:lol: I so love his name, it reminds me of that song, I think it's called The Joker :hmm: it has a line that goes: some people call me maurrrrice!

:cute: my kitty is back in my bed at nights.. after sleeping on MY computer chair for a few days :)grumpy: ) she now is back to cuddle agian!

:lol: Never thought about that (Bono).

I remember that song too Gg :sexywink: really love your peaches wanna shake your tree

This is how Marijke sleeps when she's annoyed with the other animals. I guess she thinks since she can't see them, they can't see her.

2603025136_f565f653eb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom