Entertainment Weekly names Achtung Baby "new classic"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And as much as I dislike Nirvana, they chose the MTV Unplugged album? :huh:

It's the only album by Nirvana I own.

My pick of all their albums :up:

:up:
I love it. I have the original MTV special on vhs. I didn't feel the need after that to get all their albums.

Props for AB.. even though I don't look too entertainment weekly for musical direction - or anyone else for that matter. :wink:

Last edited:
The Achtung write-up is the one I wanted to see anyway.

Does it say anything interesting?

Here it is:

3. Achtung Baby U2 (1991)
The Irish superstars' seventh studio album made a substantial leap, recognizing the emergence of alt-rock and electronic music in a way that was both ingenious and organic.

Bono made the cover (with 6 other people) for the group photo covering all categories, but Edge made the big group photo (also with 6 others) inside for the music category :up:

edit: oops make that 7 other people with Bono on the cover, I at first didn't notice Maggie Simpson :wink:

Classics? God it seems like yesterday when AB came out. Time flies man. To me Achtung Baby is my favourite album of any music I've ever listened to. I don't see that changing for a long time, probably never.

The Cure 'Disintegration' should be way up the list, maybe even number 1....what an extraordinary record.

Another topic, anyway, has any band made 4 such great records in a row as The Cure did with A Head On The Door, Kiss Me..., Disintegration and Wish?

U2...?

Achtung Baby is my fav album of all time. It doesnt get enough love in these polls.

LMAO

Rob33, there are other bands too... you know. :scratch:

:hmm:

Do you happen to like any of the following bands/artists?

Bright Eyes
REM
Eric Clapton
Bob Dylan
Ryan Adams
Radiohead

and, to mix it up a bit....Sage Francis (a hip-hop artist)?

Back
Top Bottom