"Driving to Midnight Mass" question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't know where else to ask this and figured if this was the wrong place it'd be moved.

Okay, so I am trying to figure out what this vinyl is and am having no luck finding information. Does anyone know anything? Thanks!

Is it a vinyl record with that title? If so, its a bootleg of U2's early contract demos from 1978. There were several versions of the same recordings and that was the title of one of them. I have this bootleg, it is black and white with a very early picture of U2 in black and white on the cover.

Yes, I am asking about the vinyl. I bought one while I was in Maryland last week and was curious. Thanks for the info.

I have that one. I got it at record show and nowhere on the cover does it say U2. The back of the album advertised 8 songs. Sadly, only half of them are actually on the album. My copy repeats one side twice. The repeated songs include (This is from memory so excuse me if I got this wrong)

I Realise
Alone In The Light
Another Time, Another Place
Lost On A Silent Planet

The song "Driving To Midnight Mass" is advertised but wasn't included. I've never heard the song, so I don't know if any copies include it.

The vinyl has a plain white core with nothing to tell you which album it belongs to.

It's a neat bootleg. I would be curious when it was actually made.

Reggie Thee Dog said:
If I remember correctly the title is a poem that Bono read on Dublin radio one Christmas Eve....I could be wrong.:drunk:

Right... It was in the 80s, but I can't remember when exactly!

Back
Top Bottom