Dont expect anymore changes to the setlist...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The current setlist is good enough. EBTTRT is now a solid opener which should have been used from the get go. I've changed my mind recently. I doubt they'll play The Fly or a full band Discoteque. If they think their normal crowd won't get into those songs, why would they play it at Glastonbury and furthermore to a worldwide audience? They'll play it safe. After all this Spiderman Musical bullshit they need to show the world what they do best...performing live. Even at the last show in Edmonton, Bono played a bit of The Needle and the Damage Done after All I Want is You. It was amazing. It's moments like this one that prove they still got it. It also allows me to forgive them for the long periods between albums and the constant criticism a U2 fan gets.

just one question, dont u2 get bored playing static setlists over and over again?

if I can go to the office 200 days a year
then U2 can play Streets 100 times per tour

just one question, dont u2 get bored playing static setlists over and over again?

I actually think they get more bored if the audience isnt responding to different songs that may be more obscure to the casual fan, but would make Interference go crazy! (i.e. Electrical storm, your blue room, etc..)

So in this way, they will take playing a similar set every night as long as they get the crowd response they want when doing so. I think they think more about what the audience wants than them playing the same songs. Having new audiences and different feedback, even when playing the same stuff, is what keeps it exciting for them.

so tour is in it's final leg and they are still improving and tweeking things...
(new bd intro)...
so we might gest some new or other songs too....

I'll take a static setlist with two songs from Zooropa, EBTTRT opening up the set, Pop snippets are better than nothing at all.

My only complaint is the lack of NLOTH stuff, but there is the above mentioned stuff, plus U2 will probably never play for three hours (ala Springsteen) but I ain't be seeing anymore shows this tour, so I don't really mind.

I'm thinking that after they play The Fly at Glastonbury, they'll like it enough to bring it back to the US for the rest of the 360 tour.

I just hope that the surprise in Oakland will stay till the Anaheim shows, or that they'll get their own surprises!!

Can't wait! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

If they bring The Fly after Glastonbury, I'll be lucky enough to see it...my show's 5 days after Glastonbury. :up:

YouTube - ‪HD - U2 Live! - The Fly (Soundcheck) - 2011-06-04 - Seattle, WA‬‏

Not sure if this has been posted...:up:

Am I the only one thinking Anaheim II will get The Fly Live???

...that's slammin I tell ya!!!!

...if you ask me, Miami will reap the benefits of being one of two gigs right after Glastonbury 2011!!!

...something tells me that The Fly and Starring At The Sun will be both showcased in South Beach!!!

...and so, U2 will rock Miami like it has never done so before!!!

Not sure if this has been posted...:up:
Aww_yeah.JPG

Sounds like the Vertigo version (my personal favorite), too...this needs to be played in Chicago. Needs. :hyper::rockon::drool::love::applaud:

...that's slammin I tell ya!!!!

...if you ask me, Miami will reap the benefits of being one of two gigs right after Glastonbury 2011!!!

...something tells me that The Fly and Starring At The Sun will be both showcased in South Beach!!!

...and so, U2 will rock Miami like it has never done so before!!!

Dude I hope so!!!!!!!! It will be my first U2 concert, And i love the set list so i hope they play the fly! I think they would play staring at the sun. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say The Fly is just for Glastonbury. Seems like there feeling is they have to do something special there and for this tour that would be. Would not be as special though if they start playing it on 360. I agree, the lighting and effects for it could be very cool with the claw. I think the current setlist is pretty much what you are going to get at most shows (other than the Glastonbury show) until the tour ends. I hope The Fly turns up, but if it doesnt, the current setlist is pretty good anyway.

Right after the fly soundcheck in Seattle, somebody (I think Joe) did ask Edge if they were going to do it tonight. Edge said probably not tonight. So not sure if that means they're considered it at all for 360...or just glastonbury.

I guess that didn't really help.

I'd be thrilled to hear The Fly (loooooooved hearing even just the soundcheck - which was my first U2 soundcheck, by the way), but I just hope it wouldn't replace something else I really love.

Maybe Hold Me Thrill Me? (I do love that one, but have seen it once, and would be fine seeing The Fly in its place.) I'd happily swap Mysterious Ways for the Fly, too.

Back
Top Bottom