Does anybody remember ZooTV?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

punker

Babyface
I'm not talking about the tour. I'm talking about the three part series that aired on MTV in either '96 or '97. It was produced by E.B.N. and U2 did the theme music.
The show focused on science, technology, entertainment, advertising, the human body, and many other topics. But the main subject was television.
I was going through some old video tapes the other day and I came across these recordings. I had forgotten about this but now I'm wondering if there are plans for a
DVD release or if the one time MTV showing was it.

Never heard of it, however, there was something they were talking about doing for MTV called the 'triplecast' that was mysterious and I don't know if it ever took place. In fact it may have never taken off the ground.

This isn't the same as the triplecast. It was more of an Emergency Broadcast Network project than a U2 project. E.B.N. are a multi-media group who sample video images to create music and videos. The opening video for the ZooTV shows was produced by E.B.N., and they have done videos for other bands as well an album of their own.

I've heard of it, but never saw it. As I recall, it was basically meant to be a weekly show focusing on pop culture or something. Not too sure about the details though.

------------------
Change is the only constant

I remember seeing the commercials for it, but I never saw the actual episodes.

Someone was discussing them here a few months back...had the tapes of them I believe.

yeah i remember it aired for a while back in 1993.

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom