Denver II Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
angel_28 said:
I get tired of Pride ....don't know why?...i like the song...i just don't always feel like hearing it....

Pride was my intro to U2 so I have a tender spot for it. I get tired of Pride, often, but then I'll sit and watch that Making of video and see Bono belting out the lyrics and it makes me appreciate it again. That being said, I've seen it at almost every show I've been to and it wouldn't kill me if they switched Pride out for a song that I've never seen live.

CPTwister said:

Which make up probebly 10 to 15% of the total audience. U2 are about pleasing the masses. When you are as successful as U2 you have a TON of casual fans that came to hear those songs. The fact that U2 are throwing The Ocean, Electric Co, and An Cat Dubh out there tells me they are throwing the diehards a few bones. They may not be YOUR song choices. Cant please everyone, not even with the diehard songs.

Right, their out of touch with their hardcore audience. That 10-15%.

tsweeney said:
I liked the Zoo TV Running to Stand Still>>>>Streets transition the best.

yes

although please into streets was a very close second

both give me goosebumps everytime

MrBrau1 said:

So I'm not part of the hardcore audience now?

U2dork said:

Pride was my intro to U2 so I have a tender spot for it. I get tired of Pride, often, but then I'll sit and watch that Making of video and see Bono belting out the lyrics and it makes me appreciate it again. That being said, I've seen it at almost every show I've been to and it wouldn't kill me if they switched Pride out for a song that I've never seen live.

I remember during the first few shows of Elevation they dropped Pride from the setlist and a lot of people brought signs asking them to play Pride.

MrBrau1 said:

Yep. It's pretty standard. You know a set it pretty boring when people are clamoring over Bad. A song they've played on every tour since it was recorded.

couldn't agree more. such a shame when they have so many songs...

I know a lot of people love Pride and Elevation. A lot of people I know, including myself, like the songs. But really, every show? Would not someone that into Pride want to hear With or Without You just as much? Or Walk On or Kite instead of Elevation? I can't argue with the band wanting to play them. They need to do what they want and have every right to do so.

timothius said:

I see you're RTSS->Streets and raise you a Please->Streets.:eyebrow:

I see RTSS --> Streets and Please --> Streets and raise you a Resolution And Independence --> Streets Lovetown in all its glory. :drool:

MrBrau1 said:

:lol: Well, then they always have been. Why are you expecting something different now? If it bothers you so much, dont go to the shows, or look at the setlists. Simple.

CPTwister said:

Which make up probebly 10 to 15% of the total audience. U2 are about pleasing the masses. When you are as successful as U2 you have a TON of casual fans that came to hear those songs. The fact that U2 are throwing The Ocean, Electric Co, and An Cat Dubh out there tells me they are throwing the diehards a few bones. They may not be YOUR song choices. Cant please everyone, not even with the diehard songs.

very true. U2 is about appealing to the masses, on some level. which is why i think they keep songs like Pride, NYD, SBS... b/c everyone in the crowd knows these songs, everyone will sing along, and i think they like seeing that kind of mass reaction.

tsweeney said:

I remember during the first few shows of Elevation they dropped Pride from the setlist and a lot of people brought signs asking them to play Pride.

probably zootopians :rolleyes:

:wink:

Chizip said:
does anybody remember what performance of one had the "walking away" snippet at the end?

i think it was like a 1 time thing

after remembering it i really want to download it now

One w/Walking Away & Walk On snippet - 2001-02-26 Brit Awards, London.

A very cool version IMO.

CTU2fan said:

One w/Walking Away & Walk On snippet - 2001-02-26 Brit Awards, London.

A very cool version IMO.

sweet thats right, thanks a lot :up:

popmuzik99 said:
Ally, you're in law school right? Just thought you said that before. I mention it because I am too. :wink:

yes! i am graduating in may- cannot WAIT. i have my last final next friday... wooohooo! :hyper: send me a PM if you ever want to commiserate- if you're a 1st year, try not to stress too much, it's totally not worth it. and if you're a 2nd year, look forward to the fact that you'll have a lot less work during your 3rd year. :wink: hooray to encountering a fellow law student in the U2 world! :up:

SETLIST

* COBL
* Beautiful Day
* Vertigo
* Elevation
* GLORIA
* Ocean confirmed - thanks Queen Bee
* NYD
* Miracle Drug
* SYCMIOYO
* LPOE
* SBS
* BTBS // johnny comes marching home
* RTSS
Declaration of Human Rights
* BAD
* Pride // Mr. B's "Mandela MLK Jr. Africa" speech

Mr B asked that the house lights be turned on for his ONE speech. At the conclusion, he asked that they be turned back off

* ONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom