Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gabriel - thanks for info on the ETS ticket/wristband issue. while i doubt we'll be lucky enough to have a wristband system in cleveland, that does make me much less worried.

(Thinking positive thoughts on wristbands now, in addition to warm weather)

(ps its 20's and snowing like all get-out this morning) we have tickets to see drew carey tonight at csu...

jd45177 said:
From the look of extended weather forecast, it's going to take more than a dance.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USOH0195?from=36hr_fcst10DayLink_undeclared

I would take the 20's and snow over that crappy rain/snow mix! Still, if I was not bogged down by demanding family I would be in that line at 6am- sleep deprived from Buffalo.
Every morning I come into work and check this thread to avoid what I am supposed to be doing- what will I do when the show is over?!?!:sad:

fair trade said:
Every morning I come into work and check this thread to avoid what I am supposed to be doing- what will I do when the show is over?!?!:sad:
I've been asking myself that exact question!

jd45177 said:

If the seams are taped on the inside, you don't need it.

Well, I didn't tape them, so who knows :lol: I am not what you would call a camper...

In Pittsburgh the tent had JUST started to leak through the walls (actually it wasnt so much a leak, it was just that if you touched the walls, you'd end up SOAKED). Still, not bad for a $30.00 tent that has seen me through Dublin, Pittsburgh and Atlanta. :heart:

The plan is to wrap the tent in some of those body heat blankets anyway, so I may not need the watersealer after all:hmm:

Oooh, and because I am sure you were all dying to know, my Christmas Tree did go up :happy: Just need to find the skirt thingy...

Last edited:
Miroslava said:
Well, I didn't tape them, so who knows :lol: I am not what you would call a camper...

In Pittsburgh the tent had JUST started to leak through the walls (actually it wasnt so much a leak, it was just that if you touched the walls, you'd end up SOAKED). Still, not bad for a $30.00 tent that has seen me through Dublin, Pittsburgh and Atlanta. :heart:

The plan is to wrap the tent in some of those body heat blankets anyway, so I may not need the watersealer after all:hmm:

The tape is usually factory applied. It doesn't matter how much you spend on a tent, any tent will leak through if there's water on the outside of it and you touch the wall. Normally on a tent, the fly (the pink part on yours) covers most of the tent and it's to be set up so that the tent doesn't come in contact with the fly. If there's water on the outside of the fly, and it comes in contact with the tent, it will leak through to the outside of the tent, then when you touch the tent in that spot, it will leak through to the inside. I know...more than you wanted to know.

My eyes started to roll to the back of my head about half way through the paragraph. Then I started to get a headache! :lol: City girl through and through :D

Thanks muchly though :hug:

I'll pass on the water sealer then :D

And it is not a pink tent! It's vertigo colors! :sexywink:

Oooh, and because I am sure you were all dying to know, my Christmas Tree did go up :happy: Just need to find the skirt thingy... [/B][/QUOTE]

Nice tree! However, I think you should make ornaments out of the pics of you with Bono to hang on it:wink:

fair trade said:
Nice tree! However, I think you should make ornaments out of the pics of you with Bono to hang on it:wink:

:lol:

How crazy (and annoying to others!) would that be... :hmm:

Miroslava said:

:lol:

How crazy (and annoying to others!) would that be... :hmm:

OMG If I had the pictures that you have, I would TOTALLY do that.

So, back to camping, assuming if we are coming earlier than 6AM on Sarturday, we have to camp "off" the arena property? Hope there is an area which will work for this?

I am bringing my tent anyway, even if we can't sleep there overnight. I am guessing it's going to be breeeeeeeeeeeeeezy and wet. :madspit:

Am wondering if there is any way we can "very nicely" be squeaky wheels and encourage, whine, beg CLE to go the wristband route. I don't think they realize that we will literally, honestly be out there in the freezing rain (!!) ALL freaking day...it would behoove them to do wristbands to keep people from requiring medical assistance! And from looking like meanies on the evening news by making people stand outside all day :)

We could write a very nice letter to this effect and everyone could email the nice people...it works from MoveOn and others, why not us?

My honest opinion? Let's let it go. I have yet to see any venue change their mind. If anything, the repeated calls/letters/emails etc. have made them more annoyed than anything. After all, here are these punks telling them how to do their jobs. They've made up their minds, and they're not going to change it. From their point of view, no one is making us "suffer", we're doing it willingly, so :shrug:

They've already heard from quite a few people and have been provided with examples of what other venues have done. Not much more we can do at this point other than turn ourselves into pests.

Not trying to be negative or anything, it's just that through the whole tour, I have yet to see any of this make a difference. We can be thankful that at least some venues have taken us crazies into consideration, and in doing so have made their jobs easier :up:

Miroslava said:
My honest opinion? Let's let it go. I have yet to see any venue change their mind. If anything, the repeated calls/letters/emails etc. have made them more annoyed than anything. After all, here are these punks telling them how to do their jobs. They've made up their minds, and they're not going to change it. From their point of view, no one is making us "suffer", we're doing it willingly, so :shrug:

They've already heard from quite a few people and have been provided with examples of what other venues have done. Not much more we can do at this point other than turn ourselves into pests.

Not trying to be negative or anything, it's just that through the whole tour, I have yet to see any of this make a difference. We can be thankful that at least some venues have taken us crazies into consideration, and in doing so have made their jobs easier :up:

I agree. Wish they could all be like the United Center...

What Miroslava just said, a reasonable attitude. After all, these guys go thru this god knows how many times a year for different artists passing through. Yes U2 fans are the best etc etc., but in the end they have to have some sort of general policy....and in the end it all usually works out anyways... :)

G

Whatever the day turns out like, we will make the best of it and enjoy the company of other U2 fans...and the concert will make it all worthwhile. On the other hand I'm still pissed about having to drive to W. 45th & Detroit to get our tickets.

I drive a little 2-seat roadster so that wont help any, but I guess I could drive Ed's big Chrysler, I could probably fit 5 others in to make the trip.

I will have my explorer, but considering everyone in my party has ETS, that doesnt do anyone any good either :lol:

BEVERLY56 said:
Whatever the day turns out like, we will make the best of it and enjoy the company of other U2 fans...and the concert will make it all worthwhile. On the other hand I'm still pissed about having to drive to W. 45th & Detroit to get our tickets.

yeah i dont even care about the weather. im just excited to hang out with other U2 fans and see the show. last show for me this year :sad:
w 45th and detroit isnt that bad.
im actually going to the harp tonight...in this insane amount of snow we're having. lol

we're in single digits! 8 days!!!! :hyper:

As long as not single digits as in 8 degrees! I havent lived in Cleveland since 1978, and I was an east sider - I cant say Ive ever been in the 45th & detroit neighborhood. Can we go down Superior and over a bridge, or do we have to go down to the shoreway?

Did you say single digits?

:ohmy:

We're gonna diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:scream:

Guess there's going to be lots of cuddling going on...

:sexywink:

We'll be really, really GOOD friends by the end of the day. Let's recruit some men to keep us ... oh wait a sec, my husband's coming.

Last edited:
And he's a massage therapist? :hmm:

As we kept saying in Atlanta... by the time this is all over, we'll be writing letters that start with

Dear Penthouse:

I never though things like these.....

:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom