Dec. 10, Gund Arena in Cleveland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BEVERLY56 said:
As long as not single digits as in 8 degrees! I havent lived in Cleveland since 1978, and I was an east sider - I cant say Ive ever been in the 45th & detroit neighborhood. Can we go down Superior and over a bridge, or do we have to go down to the shoreway?

You can just go over the bridge and avoid the Shoreway....

Its snowing...snowing....snowing....

Does anyone know what enterence the band goes in for the sound check??

Also I read else where that they are staying in Canada--and will not be staying in Cleveland--like they did for the Elevation Tour. They stayed in Cleveland for the week then...

Anyone have more info??

PartyGirl43

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
*catches up on twenty pages of this thread at the bar tonight* ;)

I got you covered babe. 'sides, it'll be way more fun over Martinis! :drool:

:drunk:

BEVERLY56 said:
I'm not supposed to say anything, but ... they're staying with me.

Hmmm...so is Larry sitting in Adam's lap in your little 2-seater? :)

I'm cool about letting the "squeaky wheel" thing go. I don't want to piss off the powers that be.
I just walked outside to go to lunch (for those of you who forget: I'm in Dayton about 4 hours southwest of CLE) and had to BRACE myself before walking out the door--two deep breaths and GO!...so the thought of 10 hours in the cold next Sat is SO not what I wanted from Santa!
But I will have fun (dammit!)! I'll be with you cool peeps and we can all play tag or somesuch to keep warm.
Bringing folding chairs and sleeping bags! Getting hand warmers this weekend...and thinking warm thoughts! Mantra: once in a lifetime...once in a lifetime...once in a lifetime...

one of us (not me haaha) Should bring one large tent that we could all post up in ;) haha

No matter what it's going to be a blast!! Are there any cafes or places to get food/bathroom breaks near Gund?

What a pleasant distraction that would be ;)

James//

I am bringing 2 tents, 4 sleeping bags and multiple blankets, but again, just my party is 5-6 people. So once again, I am of no use to anyone else :reject:

its going to be a long, heavy walk to and from the Holiday INN ;) haha...

My friend James (the U2 Concert/GA Virgin) said it best today;

" ...What, do we have to earn our U2 Concert or something? Tickets aren't enough?!"

hahaha...nope, they aren't my dear friend...

James//

macfesto said:
one of us (not me haaha) Should bring one large tent that we could all post up in ;) haha

No matter what it's going to be a blast!! Are there any cafes or places to get food/bathroom breaks near Gund?

What a pleasant distraction that would be ;)

James//

That sound great. Who's volunteering?

There are cafes & bathrooms very near. Tower City Center is a block away and has a big food court & bathrooms also.

macfesto said:
its going to be a long, heavy walk to and from the Holiday INN ;) haha...

My friend James (the U2 Concert/GA Virgin) said it best today;

" ...What, do we have to earn our U2 Concert or something? Tickets aren't enough?!"

hahaha...nope, they aren't my dear friend...

James//

Who's walking? Car will be neaby and things can just be dumped in the back!

And yay for that tower place, sounds like we'll be visiting it often! :love:

Tower City is close by, with a food court, as are many bar/restaurants. Across from The Jake on E 9th is Alice Cooperstown which is a very cool place, you can go and warm up and get something to eat. There's alot of little places like that (dont know what time they open though - probably not til lunch). All in all, I dont think it will be a bad day. Its good that the venue is right in the center of a busy part of town.

One piece of advice: downtown is like a ghost town after, oh, about 6 pm..lol...and the outside of that mall is a hangout...I would strongly urge people walk in groups...that may sound like common sense but just thought I'd say it anyways..

:)

Well, the weather forecast seems to be "improving". The wintry mix thing is gone... Now if we can just get that temp up a few degrees :hmm:

And Gabe, did you not read that I was bringing my steel toe boots, chains and knuckle guards.... I am on security detail :cracksknuckles:

:mad:

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom