Dave Fanning Comments From U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From what I've heard in the beach clips and Get on your boots snippets U2 is sounding more like a groovy Pink Floyd than a sequel to HTDAAB. U2 fans will get this stuff pretty quickly. If I can "get" the new Animal Collective album and like 80% of the songs right away I think I'll be able to "get" U2 fairly quickly.

What did Bomb suck compaired to?

I wish all bands making music had records that "sucked" like Bomb apparently did...maybe music wouldnt be in the shitty situation that it is in right at the moment.

Dave Fanning has to listen to it in the bath before he can fully give an opinion? :lol: Based on what we know about this album's length, that might be a really long bath!

I'm glad that it's an album that takes time to fully "get." :up:

Er...I know lots of fans who like Man And A Woman. Myself counting. I don't understand the bitching about this motown-type ballad :)

I don't understand it, either. :shrug: I think most people are just too impatient to really listen and give it a chance. On first listen, they just say, "That sucks; next!" and never give it much thought afterwards. Some U2 songs require a lot of listens before their full merit can be appreciated, which is a sign of skilled craftsmanship.

Fanning never compared the songs to sounding like Crumbs or Man and a Woman, he said there was songs on it that casual fans wouldn't know but were gems; think Twilight, Tomorrow, Like a Song, Heartland, Acrobat, Zooropa...the list goes on...

Furthermore, Fanning wasn't comparing anything on this album to AMAAW or Crumbs in sound. He was said they were hidden gems that fans may immediately dismiss, but will come back to on future listens.

God, any time HTDAAB is mentioned, the forum as a collective whole loses its reasoning skills and/or reading comprehension. It's amazing.

EDIT: Or what Irishteen just said. Glad someone else got it.

I love HTDAAB

about a month ago i started to play it again after about a year of not putting it into my cd player and i have fallen in love with it again. Miracle Drug sounds bloody amazing and i don't care what u lot on here say but Vertigo was a fantastic lead single a big rock song with a killer riff & chorus

Back
Top Bottom