Cleveland Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Halup said:

No, I haven't seen that one. I started with Heavenly Creatures with unknown Kate Winslet back in 1994. I saw The Frighteners as well, and the 3 Lord Of Rings films.

Team America borrows so heavily from it, it's almost plagirism!

Do yourself a favour if you have a free night in, if misbehaving puppets are your thing. :wink:

I just watched LOTR through again this week! with Directors Commentary. :nerd:

catlhere said:

No idea. You would think living a few blocks from it I would know. But I take that place for granted so much. Bad me. :(

Bono and his family spent the afternoon on April 26, 2001 at Disneyland. There was no soundcheck at the Arrowhead Pond that day.

GibsonGirl said:

lol.gif

Oh man, I have to go. :crack: :yawn: You win, AOD!

:lol: NTV-sytle fonts!!!

I was waiting for you to pack it in...:macdevil:

You did well, for an amature :sexywink:

Halup said:

Bono and his family spent the afternoon on April 26, 2001 at Disneyland. There was no soundcheck at the Arrowhead Pond that day.

He must have been worn out this year too for Anaheim 1, cuz our setlist was like the shortest of the tour (Axver would know). And it was my first U2 show. What a bummer, but still an amazing night I'll never forget it.

timothius said:

Team America borrows so heavily from it, it's almost plagirism!

Do yourself a favour if you have a free night in, if misbehaving puppets are your thing. :wink:

I just watched LOTR through again this week! with Directors Commentary. :nerd:

I expect Peter Jackson to be in town any day now to help promote Kong. I'll try to have him sign my Lord fo the Rings dvds.

catlhere said:

He must have been worn out this year too for Anaheim 1, cuz our setlist was like the shortest of the tour (Axver would know). And it was my first U2 show. What a bummer, but still an amazing night I'll never forget it.

I don't think that Anaheim 1 show was short. It was just an unsual show because they changed the order of the songs around so much that night form what they had played on the previous nights and at rehearsals. It was odd how they left the stage after about an hour then came back and played us a second set of 1 hour. It's the only time I've ever seen U2 do that.

Halup said:

I expect Peter Jackson to be in town any day now to help promote Kong. I'll try to have him sign my Lord fo the Rings dvds.

Random Linkage... Neil Finn played at the King Kong wrap up party. :wink:

You should pop onto IMDB and get a quote or two out of Bad Taste or Meet The Feebles just so he can be "impressed" with you like The Edge. :lol:

KhanadaRhodes said:
hey lila, got a preference as to what inxs song you hear? :wink:

Bitter Tears

and catlhere - I was downloading some pics from a friend of the LA shows I was at. And Would love to see Pete back with the Oils, but don't think it's meant to be, at least not for a while

oh, and Goodnight GibsonGirl and angel :wave:

catlhere said:

In terms of the amount of songs, it was not the shortest - Toronto II wins with 20. Anaheim I has 21, equal with a number of other shows.

I think Anaheim I's set was partly affected by the band still trying to work out what was a good idea setlist-wise. Just look at how whacky it is with no encore and essentially two main sets!

Halup said:

I don't think that Anaheim 1 show was short. It was just an unsual show because they changed the order of the songs around so much that night form what they had played on the previous nights and at rehearsals. It was odd how they left the stage after about an hour then came back and played us a second set of 1 hour. It's the only time I've ever seen U2 do that.

Yeah, only time they've ever done anything like that. Makes for cool trivia! :wink:

catlhere said:
Yea and opening with LAPOE was :drool:

Do it again U2

Do it....do it

I miss COBL and LAPOE rotating as openers. :sad:

But at the moment, I can say I was at the last show ever opened by LAPOE! :happy:

Axver said:

In terms of the amount of songs, it was not the shortest - Toronto II wins with 20. Anaheim I has 21, equal with a number of other shows.

I think Anaheim I's set was partly affected by the band still trying to work out what was a good idea setlist-wise. Just look at how whacky it is with no encore and essentially two main sets!

I loved that show for those reasons. After expecting them to open with City, they threw Love and Peace at us. It reminded me of someof those Lovetown shows where they started with Bullet and Running, essentially moving the middle core of the show to the beginning. It was a night filled with surprises.

Axver said:

I miss COBL and LAPOE rotating as openers. :sad:

But at the moment, I can say I was at the last show ever opened by LAPOE! :happy:

I got to see LAPOE open twice on the first leg :drool:

:dance: in a big country...

goodnight/good day timothius :hug:

The only Oils album I don't have is this newly released live cd and dvd of those Sydney shows from the early 1980s that came out last year. Have you guys seen or heard those?

Halup said:

I loved that show for those reasons. After expecting them to open with City, they threw Love and Peace at us. It reminded me of someof those Lovetown shows where they started with Bullet and Running, essentially moving the middle core of the show to the beginning. It was a night filled with surprises.

Yea it was definitely a great time now that I remember. Ok I can't complain then.

And freaky MacPhisto dressed women dancing during mysterious ways is always fun to watch. :huh:

Halup said:

The setlist parties for those early concerts were really exciting. :drool:

Halup said:
The only Oils album I don't have is this newly released live cd and dvd of those Sydney shows from the early 1980s that came out last year. Have you guys seen or heard those?

I don't see anything officially released in the U.S. - do you have a title or more info?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom