Cleveland Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
timothius said:

Why didn't you scam your way into the premiere? :wink:

I can't wait for the Academy to rip Pete off again. :sad:

It did not have an actual premiere in LA, though it did in New York. The funny thing is that today I was at the Directors Guild of America, because I knew Woody Allen was there for a screening of his new movie, so a friend and I went to have Woody sign for us. After his film ended, they were going to have a screening of King Kong. I believe it was for DGA members or something like that, but I was tempted to try to sneak in.

angelordevil said:

I love how she calls herself Toni one day, and Ton-Marie the next...:huh: I thought tv was all about continuity.

"Canada's Superchannel, NTV"....that's hilarious, as well!!!

"Canada's Superchannel." :lol: That cracks me up every time I see it. The lame graphics! I think I could have done better on MS Paint!

Axver said:

Actually, because I'm a lazy writer, I just made up a continent in the Pacific Ocean so that I don't have to research location details! I created a fictitious history for the continent though, and its population, including the Axver family, is descended from a Roman exploration and colonisation fleet.

The name itself ... I still don't know quite how I invented Axver. That's lost to history, I think, though I can speculate that it was inspired by a location in a book I read. It was the River Oxus, which I know inspired the name of my own Axix River, and then I think Axver may in turn have come from Axix. I created all of this when I was about 7-8.

I believe I picked up the first name Amak out of a book featuring a character with that name from Greenland.

Wow! That's pretty wild. :)

Halup said:
Timo, what were you saying about Peter Garrett?

Bascially the article said that when he was nominated for election and subsequently elected there were people in his party concerned about how effective he would make the transition. They thought it was all show and no substance. However apparently over the past 12 months the doubters have been silenced and whats more consider him leadership material in the next few years.

The opposition party is in similar situation to the US Democrats, they are on the right side of many issues - but they can't articulate it and don't have broad appeal. Pete could very well be running for PM in the next 2 years (or more likely 5 years).

GibsonGirl said:

"Canada's Superchannel." :lol: That cracks me up every time I see it. The lame graphics! I think I could have done better on MS Paint!

MS Paint, the power behind every craptastic Axver work of art! :happy:

Halup said:

It did not have an actual premiere in LA, though it did in New York. The funny thing is that today I was at the Directors Guild of America, because I knew Woody Allen was there for a screening of his new movie, so a friend and I went to have Woody sign for us. After his film ended, they were going to have a screening of King Kong. I believe it was for DGA members or something like that, but I was tempted to try to sneak in.

You so should have! I am totally surprised that there hasn't been a major backlash against him as is generally the case after such success with LOTR... but amazingly not!

Have you seen Meet The Feebles... his best film ever. :bow:

timothius said:

Bascially the article said that when he was nominated for election and subsequently elected there were people in his party concerned about how effective he would make the transition. They thought it was all show and no substance. However apparently over the past 12 months the doubters have been silenced and whats more consider him leadership material in the next few years.

The opposition party is in similar situation to the US Democrats, they are on the right side of many issues - but they can't articulate it and don't have broad appeal. Pete could very well be running for PM in the next 2 years (or more likely 5 years).

We want our Oils back and Pete with them!

When you run into him next, you can tell him that you know of people in the US really waiting for the return of the Oils.

GibsonGirl said:

:lol: :lol: I bet you could...seriously...I love the spinning globe and Captain Canada swimming with the dolphins and going to other worlds...:huh:

ntvcrest.gif

I haven't seen/heard the DisneyLand fireworks outside tonight yet. Odd. Those annoying things always come up sooner or later. :hmm:

timothius said:

Well, geez, if they want broad appeal, Garrett will give it to them.

timothius said:

You so should have! I am totally surprised that there hasn't been a major backlash against him as is generally the case after such success with LOTR... but amazingly not!

Have you seen Meet The Feebles... his best film ever. :bow:

No, I haven't seen that one. I started with Heavenly Creatures with unknown Kate Winslet back in 1994. I saw The Frighteners as well, and the 3 Lord Of Rings films.

Halup said:

We want our Oils back and Pete with them!

When you run into him next, you can tell him that you know of people in the US really waiting for the return of the Oils.

You and Lila! :wink:

I would like them back as well, but I think it would still be outrageously cool to have him as the leader of the country! How freeking cool would that be. I would have no problems dancing to his beat :dance:. :lol:

I was in the middle of downloading, so missed your 1000th post. belated wishes
party037.gif

requests: Big Country-In A Big Country; Scritti Politti - Perfect Way, INXS - most anything :dance:

catlhere said:
I haven't seen/heard the DisneyLand fireworks outside tonight yet. Odd. Those annoying things always come up sooner or later. :hmm:

Is it closing at 11 tonight?

angelordevil said:

:lol: :lol: I bet you could...seriously...I love the spinning globe and Captain Canada swimming with the dolphins and going to other worlds...:huh:

ntvcrest.gif

:lol:

NTV is so bad, it's funny bad.

Bye everyone! :wave: :kiss:

Thanks for the stream, Khan. :flirt:

Lila64 said:
I was in the middle of downloading, so missed your 1000th post. belated wishes
party037.gif

requests: Big Country-In A Big Country; Scritti Politti - Perfect Way, INXS - most anything :dance:
OMG!!! i had scritti politti coming up soon anyway! freaky! adding the rest to the queue :wink:

timothius said:

You and Lila! :wink:

I would like them back as well, but I think it would still be outrageously cool to have him as the leader of the country! How freeking cool would that be. I would have no problems dancing to his beat :dance:. :lol:

Hell, you'd probably get me to vote Labour if he ran for them. At the moment, I'd just scribble on the ballot as I don't want to vote for any of the parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom