Chicago DVD, which tracks from which night?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OpperGoeroe

War Child
I'm busy with completing my Vertigo tour bootleg collection with exception of a few shows who aren't available, and one of them seems to be the Bono's birthday show in Chicago on 06/05/10. There isn't an audience recording AFAIK from this show.

So I want to know which tracks from the Chicago DVD are (completely) from the 10th of May? Does anyone know this? I can remember that there once was a thread about this but I can't find it anymore. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I think most of the songs until Original Of The Species, Yahweh, and 40 are taken from the 11th...

All the songs up to All Because Of You, are from the 10th... they closed the show with Vertigo.

The DVD and The footage used by Good Morning America(May 2005) is different. I think the GMA performance of Vertigo(?) is not on the DVD. Different angles/edits are also many on other songs used.

IIRC, the 4 or 5 song used for GMA were: Vertigo/SYCMIOYO/Bday/Elevation/????

u2fp

theu2fly said:
I think most of the songs until Original Of The Species, Yahweh, and 40 are taken from the 11th...

All the songs up to All Because Of You, are from the 10th... they closed the show with Vertigo.

considering there was no show on the 11th i think youre way off

I also believe some songs were a mix from both nights, I shoud listen carefully to the 9/10 bootleg if I can discover any songs who are featured in full length on the DVD.

Thanks anyway.

OpperGoeroe said:
I'm busy with completing my Vertigo tour bootleg collection with exception of a few shows who aren't available, and one of them seems to be the Bono's birthday show in Chicago on 06/05/10. There isn't an audience recording AFAIK from this show.

So I want to know which tracks from the Chicago DVD are (completely) from the 10th of May? Does anyone know this? I can remember that there once was a thread about this but I can't find it anymore. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm sure there's an audience boot of 10th May 2006. I've got the audio and it's not from the dvd. Keep looking, I'm sure you will come up against it sooner or later.

Re: Re: Chicago DVD, which tracks from which night?

Carek1230 said:

I'm sure there's an audience boot of 10th May 2006. I've got the audio and it's not from the dvd. Keep looking, I'm sure you will come up against it sooner or later.
Can't you share it? AFAIK there isn't one available, it hasn't surfaced yet on the larger U2 bootleg websites.

I'm pretty sure this is close to the correct breakdown. I was at both shows, and I listened to the audience recording of the 9th to death before I lost the CD :(

City of Blinding Lights -- not sure, but I think the 10th
Vertigo -- the 'teach you some Gaeilic" quote was definitely from the 9th
Elevation - May 9th
The Electric Co. -- 1st half is definitely from May 9th, 2nd half (starting at Edges guitar solo) is from the 10th
An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart - May 10th
Beautiful Day - May 10th
New Years Day - May 10th
Miracle Drug -- May 9th
Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own -- can't remember!
Love and Peace - May 10th (I can tell by an audience shot of my friends)
Sunday Bloody Sunday - May 10th
Bullet the Blue Sky -- can't remember for sure, but I believe May 10th
Running to Stand Still -- May 10th
Pride -- I believe May 10th
Streets -- May 10th
One -- can't remember!
Zoo Station - May 10th
The Fly - May 10th
Mysterious Ways - May 10th
Original of the Species - May 10th (wasn't played on the 9th)
All Because of You -- May 10th
Yahweh -- May 10th
40 -- May 9th (wasn't played on the 10th)

Sometimes you can't make it-- I think is from the 9th as it has it's introduction and is very different from the GMA version which was from the 10th.
One--definitely from the 10th.
Yahweh--Wasn't played on the 10th either so it's from the 9th
COBL--Can anybody verify this one? I'd love to know for sure.

Which nights were the GMA tracks from? I think some of the Vertigo was from the encore. Were they all different video edits than the official DVD?

Elevation on GMA lacked the "frog in the throat" so it was from the 10th. In fact i'm sure all GMA songs were from the 10th. That's what was advertised and except for Beautiful Day they are different than the DVD.
But the way they mix and cut everything who knows for sure.

I know that part of Beautiful Day was from the 9th, because I can see Phil and I, and we did not go to the show on the 10th. :shrug:

Actually, I think you're right -- I think I spotted my friend and I in our seats on the 9th. I'm pretty sure that at least part of the song has to be from the 10th since he doesn't sing "You love this town, even if you get a bad review" like he did on the 9th. Or else they just found a way to edit that out :)

I Move in Mysterious Ways said:
Actually, I think you're right -- I think I spotted my friend and I in our seats on the 9th. I'm pretty sure that at least part of the song has to be from the 10th since he doesn't sing "You love this town, even if you get a bad review" like he did on the 9th. Or else they just found a way to edit that out :)

I haven't watched it recently, but I'm pretty sure they took bits and pieces. I'd wager the majority is from the 10th, but the part where he reaches into the crowd, I can see my husband and I, and Laura grabbing his thigh :giggle: and that happened on the 9th.

Back
Top Bottom