Caption thread #8: More Captioning!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DARN IT :reject: :sad:

Oh well great minds and all that....when I first started reading the caption threads I skipped three and four cause it was taking me way too long to catch up

No :reject: I still haven't got around to reading 'em.

I thought about it the other day when I was bored, but I don't like that most of the pictures are red x's now.

:shame:

I am cry now. :sad:

But I understand where you're coming from.
Don't like the red x's myself.

:down:

:mad:

Still many captions with pictures there though.
Just go and read.

:laugh:, :lol: and :lmao: for sure.

Lemon Grrrrrl said:

I sooooooooo love the extraordinary speech!!!!
Thank you :D

Still, everytime someone comments on that caption, I can't help thinking, "Wow, people keep mentioning it but still no ones noticed Larry's not actually holding a mobile phone, he's just scratching his cheek."

I nearly deleted that one just after I posted it (and noticed there was no phone), cos I thought people would read it and go :eyebrow: because it makes it look like Larry and Paul McGuinness have a psychic connection or something, and that would be silly. Then I re-read the caption and decided it was silly enough anyway, and I might as well just leave it. :wink:

Great captions everyone by the way! :lmao:

bono_212 said:
No :reject: I still haven't got around to reading 'em.

I thought about it the other day when I was bored, but I don't like that most of the pictures are red x's now.

:shame: Those are required reading for posting captions, you know.

:wink: Just kidding!!!!!!!!!!! I think almost everyone who's posted is guilty of doing the same thing at one point or another. I, for one, am just touched you've read the H-chord joke. <LG proudly wipes tear from her eye>

Meghan! (runs back to check extraordinary speech cap) Wow, I can't believe it. I thought it was just like one of those teeny tiny cells that don't reach the mouth.

That caption is extraordinary. :bow: :hug:

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
346425642%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D3234%3E3%3B2%3E536%3EWSNRCG%3D3233559862675nu0mrj

:bono:: Ooooo! He has something shiny on his shoulders!!! I must have those!

:guy in suit: You must hand over your shiny objects to Bono at once.

:shiny guy: Wha???

:lol: I LOVE the shiny captions ^^ Lemon Girl, you're really good at this!

Hi everyone :wave:

So, I've read all of the captionating threads, and I've commented on how hilarious you guys are, so now I thought I'd give it a try.
Picture nicked from another thread, and i don't remember which, and since it's my first caption, be gentle :wink:
It's not all that funny, but it was the first thing that popped into my head... :reject:

1eyepatch.jpg

:edge: ... and really bad eggs... drink up me 'earties, yo ho! Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...

JezSnape said:

1eyepatch.jpg

:edge: ... and really bad eggs... drink up me 'earties, yo ho! Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...

:lol: Good one JezSnape
You know what I just noticed about this picture? Bono in the background actually looks like he's a parrot on Edge's shoulder!! Edge the Pirate and Bono the Parrot :laugh:

great caption! i have a thing for pirates :drool: my first-ever crush at the age of 8 was captain hook from peter pan - yes, the animated one! :drool:

<------ is weird, she knows :p

JezSnape said:
Hi everyone :wave:

So, I've read all of the captionating threads, and I've commented on how hilarious you guys are, so now I thought I'd give it a try.
Picture nicked from another thread, and i don't remember which, and since it's my first caption, be gentle :wink:
It's not all that funny, but it was the first thing that popped into my head... :reject:

1eyepatch.jpg

LMAO!!!

Been a while since I've done this, but I thought I'd give it a try...:huh:

73f31c91.jpg

B: Ohhh, buttons! *Looks around furtively*
B: I wonder what this button does?
Tape: *ERASE*
B: Oooops...
E/A/L/Eno/Lanois: BONOOOOOOOO!!!!!
:rant:

Edgespet said:
Been a while since I've done this, but I thought I'd give it a try...:huh:

73f31c91.jpg

B: Ohhh, buttons! *Looks around furtively*
B: I wonder what this button does?
Tape: *ERASE*
B: Oooops...
E/A/L/Eno/Lanois: BONOOOOOOOO!!!!!
:rant:

:lmao: and that SO seems like something he would do, too...

pirates :drool: I'm in love with a pirate. But more importantly, I am a muthafuckin pirate.

I named my iPod Mr. The Edge...:heart: :wink:

Meghan said:

Thank you :D

Still, everytime someone comments on that caption, I can't help thinking, "Wow, people keep mentioning it but still no ones noticed Larry's not actually holding a mobile phone, he's just scratching his cheek."

I nearly deleted that one just after I posted it (and noticed there was no phone), cos I thought people would read it and go :eyebrow: because it makes it look like Larry and Paul McGuinness have a psychic connection or something, and that would be silly. Then I re-read the caption and decided it was silly enough anyway, and I might as well just leave it. :wink:

Great captions everyone by the way! :lmao:

:ohmy: you mean... larry.. is... not.. holding.. a.. phone??
how come I never noticed that in the million times I've seenthat pic :eyebrow: ... oh well, my attention must've been elsewhere in the pic :D and yes, I still cna't say what Bono was drinking...

Lemon Grrrrrl said:
:paul McGuinness: (talking to Larry) Pssst!!! You're holding the wrong one!!!

:larry:: (mouthing) Wha? Can't hear ya...

:lady: <thinking>: Hmmm, I always thought Bono was the guy with the shades and cowboy hat.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

WheresGrammy.jpg

(Out of frame):
:larry: Bono, you've got to be joking..
:bono: No no, it's a brilliant idea! We're replacing you with the Grammy! :hyper:
:larry: My God.. you've finally snapped your twig.. :|
:bono: It'll be so great! It's shiny.. :drool:

kafrun said:
WheresGrammy.jpg

(Out of frame):
:larry: Bono, you've got to be joking..
:bono: No no, it's a brilliant idea! We're replacing you with the Grammy! :hyper:
:larry: My God.. you've finally snapped your twig.. :|
:bono: It'll be so great! It's shiny.. :drool:

oh I can simply SEE Bono saying that... did he place the grammy there??? or is it larry's grammy?? :wink: these guys are such goofballs! taking the grammies everywhere... :giggle:
Lemon grrrl, yours are nice too, larry really looks like he's squeezing that hand there!

dontcry.jpg

:larry: Don't Cry For Me Argentina!!!

As a huge Evita fan I could not resist....

eva.jpg

Babydoll said:
^^ now that made me spurt out apple juice from my nose... :lmao: :lmao: hahahahahahah...... hthat was a great caption! :D

I have to say I was laughing out loud at my own joke too...

and rightfully so - it was awesome :D:D i just saw it again and laughed so hard :lmao: this time, coffee spurted from my mouth on to my larry mousepad. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom