Canada Road, Tennessee Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, everyone. I gotta check in on the Superthread on the night of the big leak! How's everyone doing? How's everyone liking the new songs? What's your favorite colour?

Hi GAF! My favourite colour is orange, but I also like blue and green. What's yours?

My favourite songs are MOS and Fez and also I thought Stand Up Comedy good even though the lyrics made me facepalm 43tps.

Overdoing it? God, I love that Bono sounds like he gives a shit again. O COME ALL YE PEOPLE is so in character for him. He just towers over the song, dominates it. Had he been passive, he would have been swallowed alive. My enjoyment of Breathe is purely primal at this point, and I will have to take some time to think it through in the morning.

I can't blame you, really, as Magnificent is truly so, but NLOTH I really is fantastic. I mean, I knew I would love that song from the start. It's so passionate. Again, Bono is a big reason why this album works because he's so into it. He really sells the album.

Wait, what? I only meant he overdoes it on Breathe. He's trying so goddamn hard to sing those verses frantically that he sounds like a bit of a doofus. I've had to move the song to earlier in the album too, since its intro coming in after WAS was starting to genuinely anger me and I want to give the song a fair chance.

Hi GAF! My favourite colour is orange, but I also like blue and green. What's yours?

Actually, blue has always been my favorite color. Yellow and its variations would be second, and there's no color combination I derive greater pleasure from than the combo of blue and yellow.

the atm machine line doesn't bother me?

I've already bitched about that when some review revealed it. Didn't feel the need to go over it again, especially as the line doesn't stick out to me.

Wait, what? I only meant he overdoes it on Breathe. He's trying so goddamn hard to sing those verses frantically that he sounds like a bit of a doofus. I've had to move the song to earlier in the album too, since its intro coming in after WAS was starting to genuinely anger me and I want to give the song a fair chance.

What confused you? I meant that he either A) doesn't overdo it at all, or B) that any forced intensity was entirely warranted. Depending on your interpretation.

Magnificent owns all of your souls, even if you do not realize it.

Oh I realise it. I realise it extremely well. What a song!

Hi, everyone. I gotta check in on the Superthread on the night of the big leak! How's everyone doing? How's everyone liking the new songs? What's your favorite colour?

I'm doing good. I'm really liking the album on the whole - Magnificent, Fez, White As Snow are fucking quality. Yellow is the best colour. Blue, orange, and black are also very good.

Actually, blue has always been my favorite color. Yellow and its variations would be second, and there's no color combination I derive greater pleasure from than the combo of blue and yellow.

I get too. Perhaps because of similar reasons?

wbSPORTLIFE_wideweb__470x282.jpg

Superthread ahoy!!!

NSW says:

After 2 listens, I approve! A lot.

Magnificent owns all of your souls, even if you do not realize it.

excellent. it's a damn fine album. unknown caller owns your soul/sole.

I've already bitched about that when some review revealed it. Didn't feel the need to go over it again, especially as the line doesn't stick out to me.

it's not clunky as how it sounds.

gfy

p.s. gaf my favourite colour is lime green. NOT PINK!!!!!!!

your purse and phone cover, and a bunch of other stuff challenges that. your car is a great colour, though.

What confused you? I meant that he either A) doesn't overdo it at all, or B) that any forced intensity was entirely warranted. Depending on your interpretation.

I thought you'd interpreted me as saying Bono had overdone it on the whole album, not just Breathe, since you cited Stand Up Comedy and NLOTH I in your post.

The only song where I think Bono overdoes it is Breathe. Everything else? He nails it.

I think I may have preferred MOS as an instrumental. I'm in LOVE with the music, the vocals...not so much.

I haven't even paid much attention to the vocals of MOS. The music just ... completely carries me away. It's like UF taking a trip through the Passengers machine or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom