Brisbane I Set List Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
December 8, 2010 - Suncorp Stadium - Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Intro: David Bowie - Space Oddity

Setlist:
1. Return of The Stingray Guitar
2. Beautiful Day / ??? (snippet)
3. I Will Follow
4. Get On Your Boots
5. Magnificent / I Can't Stand The Rain (snippet) (??)
6. Mysterious Ways / Rain (snippet)
7. Elevation
8. Until The End Of The World
9. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me (snippet)
10. North Star - Debut outside Europe! (Electric, sans Adam and Larry)
11. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
12. In A Little While
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. City Of Blinding Lights
15. Vertigo / Thunderstruck (snippet)
16. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Live 360° Remix)

I'm grateful the computer behaved...our hard drive went crazy and refused to restart a couple nights ago...of course we cant afford to have it looked at, much less fixed. Add to that a huge snowstorm that has wreaked havoc among my internet connection, and a keyboard that didn't want to turn on this am...:doh:

It's 6:37am and I want coffee, a soaking wet Adam, and a tropical beach. IN THAT ORDER. :crack:

Purple I wish I was in your shoes at the moment with something to look forward to. I am quite depressed that my concerts are over and am going into U2 withdrawal.

I'm grateful the computer behaved...our hard drive went crazy and refused to restart a couple nights ago...of course we cant afford to have it looked at, much less fixed. Add to that a huge snowstorm that has wreaked havoc among my internet connection, and a keyboard that didn't want to turn on this am...:doh:

It's 6:37am and I want coffee, a soaking wet Adam, and a tropical beach. IN THAT ORDER. :crack:

:wave: hey chick :)

coffee_planet.jpg

Purple I wish I was in your shoes at the moment with something to look forward to. I am quite depressed that my concerts are over and am going into U2 withdrawal.

:hug: . . . its exactly how I was feeling this time last week after missing out on melbourne shows . . . :sigh: . . . I'll wish for a lotto win for you too :wink:

:uhoh: Should I be worried? They intend to finish the album while on tour, hence the days off (along with the shipping/construction of the Claw I suppose)
yet we still haven't heard a full band version in an actual show.
Or do they just want to surprise us when we have the record in our possession?

December 8, 2010 - Suncorp Stadium - Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Intro: David Bowie - Space Oddity

Setlist:
1. Return of The Stingray Guitar
2. Beautiful Day / ??? (snippet)
3. I Will Follow
4. Get On Your Boots
5. Magnificent / I Can't Stand The Rain (snippet) (??)
6. Mysterious Ways / Rain (snippet)
7. Elevation
8. Until The End Of The World
9. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Stand By Me (snippet)
10. North Star - Debut outside Europe! (Electric, sans Adam and Larry)
11. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
12. In A Little While
13. Miss Sarajevo

I always thought (even before new songs were debuted in the summer) that we'd only hear stripped down versions, as was the case with North Star and Every Breaking Wave - i think u2 would want to have some secrecy kept in their songs, and wouldn't want to spoil the surprise of full band versions. Playing stripped down versions could even mean that the studio ones sound vastly different, which is why the band is ok with playing the basic tunes on the tour?

With North Star and EBW - If you assume for a moment that they are destined for the new/next album, then I would think the continued 'duet' playing of them makes perfect sense in two ways. One being simply, why give it all away? The other being, why 'commit' to something that might still change, perhaps dramatically. By that I mean - again, playing with the assumption that these songs are on the next album - why put a song in evolution out there. The structure, melody etc might hardly change, but the full band/full production/sonic structure might, by quite a bit. That was probably the case throughout the Euro leg. Even if a version they had back then did end up being the final version, why commit to it when you're not sure? My guess is that mad rush to tie it all up happened between these two legs, and they simply haven't got (haven't bothered with) a live arrangement for the full thing, and even if that were doable, refer to the first point: why give it all away?

u2gigs U2gigs
16th is Crazy Tonight with a snip of Two Tribes and an unknown snip (not Relax). 17th is Sunday Bloody Sunday, 18th Scarlet. #u2360brisbane

U2tour U2tour
17) Sunday Bloody Sunday 18) Scarlet #u2 #u2360 #u2360brisbane
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

SCARLET IS STILL THERE :heart:

and we really need disco snip in crazy, seriously :grumpy:

The fact that U2 snippet AC/DC songs is more of an abomination than having In A Little While played every night.

Back
Top Bottom