Boston, March 11...location/tickets? PART 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I bought a movie ticket for The Wrestler, playing at the Somerville Theater at 720pm Wed night. The purchase went through on my credit card and it says I show my credit card at the box office to get my movie ticket. So, are they not going to let us paying "movie patrons" in?
I emailed the theater manager and am curious what his response will be.
In any case, I will be hanging around as well tomorrow afternoon. Hope to meet up with some other interferencers.
And if there is anyone that is going and needs to bring someone with them I wou:wave:ldn't say no. (Just thought I'd throw that out there-desperate times now)

whoa your right.....I just logged on and your right. Let us know if you hear anything. Very tempting.........

no way the theater manager is going to get back to you. I tried calling and e-mailing two weeks ago (on the hunch it would be there) but could not get through. And this was before the posting on the Theater's web page about "no U2 calls or e-mails."

Maybe this is just sharing my sour grapes, but the chance of folks being let anywhere near the theater is not likely. This is not a huge arena like the California rehearsals that have been mentioned where fans were let in to fill up spots.

I'll be at the radio, and glad that Interference is well represented inside.

Any word on who is MCing the night. If I remember, the guys who did Irving Plaza were not great...so here's hoping for Carter Allen.

I'm friendly with the band. They are great guys and great performers. The bass player, Joe, called it the "I can't get a U2 ticket U2 show." Seriously... if you can't get in to the Somerville theater go see these dudes. You won't be disappointed.

Just saw this ad on a boston sports site:

ai.php

fairly clever of them I say

I just called Somerville and the statement on the recording for movies states
"All info subject to change".............looks like they have a loopole to say no admittance if they want to.

Joshua Tree is an amazing cover band. I've seen them at the Harpoon St. Pat's Beerfest a few times. The lead singer sounds better than Bono some days.

There is no way I can go down and stalk the band tomorrow. I have to pick up my daughter at daycare. So for those going, take plenty of pictures.

And if anyone is dateless to the show....I'm sure I can convince my husband to get my daughter!

I saw them there on Saturday. My buddy got pulled up on stage to sing ISHFWILF. The lead singer wanted me up there too to sing back up but the security guard with a power trip stopped me.

It's Shirley Manson again

sure? I spoke with her manager (trying to work an interview and photo pass with melophobe.com) and he said Shirley wasn't going to be there...

Our little concert site that could has been knocking on every door, but can't break through the last barrier and confirm a pass.

I hope the ground work now will work wonders for Gillette.

sure? I spoke with her manager (trying to work an interview and photo pass with melophobe.com) and he said Shirley wasn't going to be there...

Our little concert site that could has been knocking on every door, but can't break through the last barrier and confirm a pass.

I hope the ground work now will work wonders for Gillette.

I meant she's hosting tonight...which is God awful, btw. Sound is bad, they keep cutting songs off. I did a better job DJing drunk in college.

I meant she's hosting tonight...which is God awful, btw. Sound is bad, they keep cutting songs off. I did a better job DJing drunk in college.

Ha!

This has been a sham two nights of radio.

FMQB should be ashamed at the quality. No ability to broadcast songs with quality, the strange ghost conversations in the background, and Shirley given NO idea when she is on the air...

this is U2 folks. Get it together.

Ha!

This has been a sham two nights of radio.

FMQB should be ashamed at the quality. No ability to broadcast songs with quality, the strange ghost conversations in the background, and Shirley given NO idea when she is on the air...

this is U2 folks. Get it together.

:applaud:

Seriously, Wayne and Garth had better production values on local cable access. :lol:

Kristofor

PS Derek thanks for the info RE Somerville Theater.

Fox 25 is at the Somerville Theatre right now saying it is the location of the show. Ugh. I want to go down, but it would be after work and late by the time I get there. There will be swarms of people already there.

Fox 25 just announced that it was official that the secret concert will be at the SOmerville Theatre. Is it worth buying movie tickets???

Hey All,

I mentioned last week about me getting into the Ryan Adams show at the Somerville Theater, let me elaborate on some stuff. Obviously, this is a different beast altogether but when I was waiting to get into the Ryan Adams show I could clearly hear the music coming through the open doors. That was in June so I doubt the doors would be open this time due to the event obviously not so much the season. I can't recall if the movies were cancelled due to the show. I believe there are 2 theaters downstairs and maybe 1 upstairs? Very doubtful you could hear anything in there. As far as the block that the Theater is on it is the same side of the street as the Davis Square T Stop as I'm sure you all may know. So would this be blocked off? And what about poor Mr. Crepe? Will they have to close this down too, like in Chicago tonight? Will the contest winners be dropped off in the back of the building? It's too bad tickets weren't given because you could pull of the old come out with 2 tickets and give one to a friend in need. This is how I got myself in to a "sold out" Ryan Adams show which clearly had 20ish seats available. The sidewalk and the box office are both small. Good Luck. Can't wait to hear how this starts to go down tomorrow.

so who is heading to the SOmerville theater tomorrow?
anyone wants to join me?

I wish I had a way to get down there :( I just saw on the news that The Joshua Tree bar is anticipating a large crowd, and they are going to to have a dj spinning u2 music. Not sure if they will broadcast the show though..

I imagine things will get crazy very early down there.

It sounds like there will be a huge crowd and pretty much no chance of getting in. If anything, it might be fun to hang with the huge crowd, if they don't disperse it. But I'd be pretty disappointed about not getting in.

I know, that's why I am hesitating...
but I live in Cambridge, so it's so close to me....oy I wish I would get in!!!

From the looks of Craigslist, it seems like there's a bunch of people willing to pay through the nose. One guy named Denis has posted about a dozen listings, all with his cell phone.

Demand is certainly there. Supply is not.

I found this article on boston.com.

The much-buzzed about U2 show will be happening tomorrow at the Somerville Theatre. How can we -- finally -- be so sure? Because roadies are loading the band's equipment into the hall right now, cops are posted around Davis Square, and Meacham Road, right behind the theater, is blocked off.

It has all been very last minute. Jeff Antonellis, who works for Capron Lighting and Sound, first heard about the show a week ago but said he only got a call confirming the Somerville Theatre location this morning at 8:30 a.m. "That shows you how under wraps they were trying to keep it," he said.

Production manager Jake Berry tells us that U2 will probably play four songs tomorrow and then take questions from the audience. MARK SHANAHAN

Somerville weather forecast: Supposed to rain all day tomorrow and drop to a low of 29 at night.
Hello, next head cold.

Do you think its a good idea to bring a chair/would they allow you to sit somewhere outside? I cant imagine standing outside for 4-5 hours before the thing even gets started. I want to go to Summerville tomorrow but definately want to have some place to sit.

I found this article on boston.com.

The much-buzzed about U2 show will be happening tomorrow at the Somerville Theatre. How can we -- finally -- be so sure? Because roadies are loading the band's equipment into the hall right now, cops are posted around Davis Square, and Meacham Road, right behind the theater, is blocked off.

It has all been very last minute. Jeff Antonellis, who works for Capron Lighting and Sound, first heard about the show a week ago but said he only got a call confirming the Somerville Theatre location this morning at 8:30 a.m. "That shows you how under wraps they were trying to keep it," he said.

Production manager Jake Berry tells us that U2 will probably play four songs tomorrow and then take questions from the audience. MARK SHANAHAN

4 songs sounds awesome. Now which ones?? :hmm:

Somerville weather forecast: Supposed to rain all day tomorrow and drop to a low of 29 at night.
Hello, next head cold.

Oh hell, that's cold. But it's U2. :hmm:
It's worth the chance.(if I had one. :drool:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom