Bono's Surgery and Tour Impact - Info & Discussion Here - Part 2 [update post #370]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows if they'll still be alive at this rate. They are dropping like flies now..

Chill, Winston!

I'm sure they European ticket holders would be steamed if they cancelled the European gigs just to placate the U.S. fans.

Yes, it sucks... No, nobody can do anything about it... but it will be worth the wait!

I got the Anaheim email around 12pm eastern time. Actually, I got one for each show. Did you check your spam?

Firstly I am really pleased at the news that Bono is doing much better after what was a pretty serious situation. Feeling relieved about that and at the good communication coming from McG and Ticketmaster.

As the US dates are postponed till next year we would like to do our best to try and hold on and get them. Unfortunately the emails from Ticketmaster all say 'hold onto your tickets' - and yet as 'aliens' Ticketmaster US never sent us our tickets - they were all to be picked up at Will Call - the only option for foreign buyers. Do you think the tickets will still be available at Will Call at the newly scheduled venue? I sent them an email some hours ago and don't expect a reply for some days after all this news. Just wondered if anyone else has held onto 'Will Call' tickets for a rescheduled event and if so if it worked or if the admin got broken. It seems like an extra step in the chain to go wrong.

Firstly I am really pleased at the news that Bono is doing much better after what was a pretty serious situation. Feeling relieved about that and at the good communication coming from McG and Ticketmaster.

As the US dates are postponed till next year we would like to do our best to try and hold on and get them. Unfortunately the emails from Ticketmaster all say 'hold onto your tickets' - and yet as 'aliens' Ticketmaster US never sent us our tickets - they were all to be picked up at Will Call - the only option for foreign buyers. Do you think the tickets will still be available at Will Call at the newly scheduled venue? I sent them an email some hours ago and don't expect a reply for some days after all this news. Just wondered if anyone else has held onto 'Will Call' tickets for a rescheduled event and if so if it worked or if the admin got broken. It seems like an extra step in the chain to go wrong.

I'm going to call ticketmaster tomorrow because I have one ticket will call and the complicating factor is the original Credit Card I used has now expired and I have a new one.

I was a little harsh in my earlier postings and was just venting. I said some stuff I didn't mean and I should have taken some time to digest the news and read about what the issue actually was and empathize with his situation. I have no doubt he was in severe pain and this was the last thing the band wanted to do. No, I don't think the band owes me anything.. I was upset that I shelled out money for a concert a year and a half in advance, but I'm over that and glad he's going to be able to recover and hope he doesn't rush things.

Not that this means anything, but I'd like to apologize to the forum and Bono.

So fucking pissed. I was pissed when they didn't come to philly on the first leg. Alright, I'll wait. No what, I have to wait a whole year again. Why don't they just forget the european tour and have an indoor us leg making up for those cities. Bullshit.

What a selfish remark!!! I would like to see what you would do if you had such a serious back injury. I bet you would cry and whine and blame it on the rest of the world. Give Bono a break for God's sake. He is only human just like you and I. If he has to cancel the tour for the sake of his health then so be it! It is HIS health not YOURS! I am sure you can wait another year just like everyone else. You don't see everyone bitching like you do do you?

Let the man recover in peace! And PS The US is not the center of the universe! It would make no sense to cancel everything so they can make up the lot NA dates! It makes ALOT more sense to go on as planned and make up for the dates at the end of the tour!

I was a little harsh in my earlier postings and was just venting. I said some stuff I didn't mean and I should have taken some time to digest the news and read about what the issue actually was and empathize with his situation. I have no doubt he was in severe pain and this was the last thing the band wanted to do. No, I don't think the band owes me anything.. I was upset that I shelled out money for a concert a year and a half in advance, but I'm over that and glad he's going to be able to recover and hope he doesn't rush things.

Good for you, Steved. Hopefully some of the other people on the last couple pages will follow your lead.

We're all upset right now, but I hope we can all agree that Bono's health is the main thing. There's always other tours but only one Bono.

Good for you, Steved. Hopefully some of the other people on the last couple pages will follow your lead.

We're all upset right now, but I hope we can all agree that Bono's health is the main thing. There's always other tours but only one Bono.

It is the main thing, and I wouldn't want to see his quality of life to suffer just to put on a show.

:up: :)

I'm going to call ticketmaster tomorrow because I have one ticket will call and the complicating factor is the original Credit Card I used has now expired and I have a new one.

Good luck. I hadn't even thought of that factor - another 12-ish months and most cards will probably be expired.

i know money is tight for a lot of us right now, but think of it this way: you're taking a regular vacation this year (for those of us with non refundable flights) and you're spacing the 2 legs further apart which should make us look forward to next year with similar anticipation as last year

Were you driving or flying from Alpha Centauri? :p

Ticketmaster US does not like sending tickets further than Canada. Ticketmaster Spain would have sent us our tickets but wanted $60 for the pleasure :ohmy: Ticketmaster UK sent them Fedex for about $20. After living in a few countries now I can confirm it is not one world just yet my friends!

What a selfish remark!!! I would like to see what you would do if you had such a serious back injury. I bet you would cry and whine and blame it on the rest of the world. Give Bono a break for God's sake. He is only human just like you and I. If he has to cancel the tour for the sake of his health then so be it! It is HIS health not YOURS! I am sure you can wait another year just like everyone else. You don't see everyone bitching like you do do you?

Let the man recover in peace! And PS The US is not the center of the universe! It would make no sense to cancel everything so they can make up the lot NA dates! It makes ALOT more sense to go on as planned and make up for the dates at the end of the tour!

i'm bitching cause i have never seen them live before. Im sure everyone on here as seen them several times.

:up:

Were you driving or flying from Alpha Centauri? :p

:lol:

Ticketmaster US does not like sending tickets further than Canada. Ticketmaster Spain would have sent us our tickets but wanted $60 for the pleasure :ohmy: Ticketmaster UK sent them Fedex for about $20. After living in a few countries now I can confirm it is not one world just yet my friends!

That was a joke. i.e. Aliens....flying in from another planet. :)

Oh I hear ya... I just couldn't resist though. :)

Oh I get it, you are just trying to stir trouble? (Right?)

U2 didn't screw you. Bono didn't do this to screw you. And why cancel TWO tours just to reschedule for you?

Cowboy up, already.

So fucking pissed. I was pissed when they didn't come to philly on the first leg. Alright, I'll wait. No what, I have to wait a whole year again. Why don't they just forget the european tour and have an indoor us leg making up for those cities. Bullshit.

Who knows if they'll still be alive at this rate. They are dropping like flies now..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom