Bono's Surgery and Tour Impact - Info & Discussion Here - Part 2 [update post #370]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bono Mot and Edgette, thanks for posting the link to the audio file. I missed the interview on KROQ and so was glad to listen to the clip. Anyone who listened: did Edge mention any other new information?

So, if I remember 2006 correctly they postponed the remaining Vertigo shows in February and announced the rescheduled dates in July. This was dependent on Edge's daughter. Since this is a different situation and presumably many of the stadiums are available at the same time next year, does anyone think we'll hear rescheduled dates by September?
Or does anyone know when is the 2011 baseball season set because several of the shows are at baseball stadiums?

I think they put the baseball schedule out around the end of the regular season or around The World Series. I know they put it out early.

I hope it's before September - I'm going to wait to schedule my vacation to Ireland until I know when the rescheduled shows are, so I don't want to risk waiting too long and getting screwed on flight costs.

I won't start getting antsy about it until the fall, though.

It's a safe assumption that they will be unless you hear differently when the new date is announced.

at the very least have a brownie :D

brownies.jpg

Purple you made brownies!!!:hyper: Reminds me of setlist parties!!! This is the best way to drown our misery!:applaud: Thank you!!:applaud:
Oh and pain meds aren't bad either! ha! Bono's feeling no pain, I guarantee right now! The hard part is when they say no more pain meds. aaahhhhhhh.

Attention ticket holder!

We just learned that your upcoming event has been postponed:

U2
Oakland-Alameda Coliseum
Wednesday, June 16 at 7 PM New date: Still to be announced!

Don’t worry, your original tickets will still be good for the new date. We know you are excited to see U2, so just sit tight, as soon as the new date is announced, we’ll let you know!

Questions? Just hit reply and ask us or visit Ticketmaster.com!

Ticketmaster Fan Support

:up:

From Smith's Tix regarding SLC
We encourage you to hang on to your tickets as they will be honored for the rescheduled date in 2011. New date information will be provided in the very near future.

Refund Information

Tickets purchased at a Smith's Tix Outlet must be returned to that outlet location.

Tickets purhased over the phone or online must be mailed to:

DataTix
445 W. Bearcat Dr.
Salt Lake City, UT 84115

The per order handling fee is non-refundable.

The refund must be issued back to the original credit card used on the transaction.

while not agreeing with the way Steved1998 expressed his feelings, he's partially right.

For the sake of his health he should have done this earlier. With the hiatus they have between tours he could have had a better recovery without the pressure of having to perform. You know him, he loves to be onstage. But, what is done is done and let's hope he doesn't try to do anything foolish with his recovery.

I respectfully disagree. He was not right.

You don't know all the details. I don't know all the details. So we can't speak to what he should have done or not.

Maybe there was some pain. Maybe it seemed bearable until one wrong move and suddenly it was not bearable. We don't know.

Weird how some are so ready and willing to put this back on Bono... he should have this or that. That just seems so odd to me. Especially when we are not privy to all of the particulars of the situation.

Short answer: Cut the Bono some slack.

The only thing I am worried about is Bono being stubburn as we Irish tend to be, and not listening to his doctors. I can see him over extending himself in PT, in order to be back on stage quickly. I hope he doesn't rush it so he can heal properly and not hurt himself again as soon as the tour resumes. :doh: Not even going there. Sorry for that image.
So here's to a long and steady recovery Bono. Take your time.
And whereever the shows resume you guys are so lucky. There won't be a dry eye in the house and oh how I wish I could be there for that welcome back.!!!
It's going to be awesome. They should put it on film!

Thanks for the translation, beershack!

And Beav. :hug:

Ha. In other words, more guesses and assumptions. :scream:

.... and is it just me, or does "possible heavy volume disk incident" sound like some sort of computer error message?

IS BONO A ROBOT????

No it was serious. Having the bone break into fragments and enter the spinal canal causing paralyisis is an emergency surgery . To have it trapping his sciatic nerve, even more so.

It was as I said. L4- L5- S1 . You could see it on the Video's and at shows.

Blowing a disk( probably 2 of them as that how it normaly goes) and having bone inside is pretty bad. It would have happened at some point on the tour.

Bad for everyone that he is out of the NA Tour, but good news is as I said before, 6-8 weeks, he will feel much, much better .

It was the right thing to do. It could have happened at any point in his day.

Bet the resechuled shows will be night and day better than what he was having.

Besides the bad news, it is good news for him to get this fixed . The pain is most often unbearable.

He will be better than he has felt in years. That's a good thing

Just got my Anaheim and Seattle emails. Such a bummer as I was really looking foward to June.

On the brightside, I'm hoping for new songs and a very different concert than the one we saw at the Rose Bowl.

Get well soon B.

I haven't received any emails from Ticket Master. :angry:

So fucking pissed. I was pissed when they didn't come to philly on the first leg. Alright, I'll wait. No what, I have to wait a whole year again. Why don't they just forget the european tour and have an indoor us leg making up for those cities. Bullshit.

I haven't received any emails from Ticket Master. :angry:

Which shows are you waiting for? I've gotten emails for Anaheim, Oakland, Seattle, Chicago, Miami, Denver, Minneapolis and New Jersey. I didn't get any email for SLC from Smiths or Montreal from GEG.

Neil McCormick on Twitter today-

Bono's always had to watch his back. Usually for knives.

On Glastonbury-If U2 are pulling out of Glastonbury, then so am I. Us creaky old guys have got to stick together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom