Bono's Surgery and Tour Impact - Info & Discussion Here - Part 2 [update post #370]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it's late spring/summer or fall. I don't think it would be any earlier than that anyway. I know U2 would do us right, but Live Nation and whoever better not screw us over. Such as not granting refunds and giving us a new code to work with.

To be selfish here and potentially piss off other people, i'll say that i'm glad he's not rushing things and is cancelling the whole leg. I'm already looking forward to next year with potentially more dates. I was pretty disappointed in the lack of dates for this leg. I just hope, assuming I have a job next year, that I can get off from work.

brightside........

brightside.....

brightside..........

I will again have plenty of vacation days by then?

There's always at least one or two in the bunch. Ignore them.

I'm glad Bono is on the road to recovery. I'm sure he feels awful about the tour but what can you do. That's life. I just want to see him get better and be 100% before he starts up again.

Can't we just be greatful that Bono is doing well and won't be paralyzed or something worse.

That's true and I'm glad he's getting the treatment that he needs.

They should have just outright canceled the leg, issued refunds and then did another onsale whenever their ready to come back.

edit: didn't realize he was facing paralysis. This obviously is more serious then I thought. My apologies.

in all seriousness though I'm gutted. Great shame they won't be playing (what I think is) the best festival on earth but obviously what's important is he doesn't do himself any further damage. Hoping they'll play it another year, would be great! :)

They should have just outright canceled the leg, issued refunds and then did another onsale whenever their ready to come back.

They will do what they did for the shows in 2006 that were rescheduled. People who have tickets and can still go will keep the tickets, the ones who want a refund can send them in and they'll reissue new tickets to those who buy them. Trying to issue refunds to a million plus people is a nightmare waiting to happen.

:no: Paying the fees once was bad enough. And I found ticket buying to be a pretty stressful experience. I don't need that again so soon.

Also, to the people who think they are victims, when does U2 do these kind of things?

When there is an illness in the family or serious injury!

When do bands like Van Halen, Aerosmith and countless others do this?

When someone has gone back to rehab, smashed a guitar over another guy's head, stopped getting along with David Lee Roth, gone to jail, beat up their wife, you get the idea!

WE HAVE NO IDEA HOW LUCKY WE ARE AS U2 FANS. THEY ARE CLASSY PEOPLE WHO ALWAYS DO US RIGHT.

And yes, that goes for the entire U2 management team as well, including Paul McGuiness!

Again, EVERYONE, including the selfish whiny idiots here, will be made good on this.

Want to complain, go jump on the Van Halen or Motley Crue wagon and see how you get treated!

As an afterthought to whatever drugged out/drunken escapades are taking place at the time.

No need to cancel the entire leg, it will be as it always is with these things.

Hang on to your ticket, if you can't make it for whatever reason in 2011, let them know and they'll refund.

That is the way it has always worked, nothing complicated and no reinventing of the wheel necessary.

:ohmy: Well I'm glad that Bono is doing fine. I hope he'll make Turin but full recovery is really the most important thing now.

That means when he posed with me on my car at the Globe and Mail, he might have been in pain. Brother......take your time....heal yourself....write some lyrics.

I'm going to hope that maybe, just maybe, THE NEW ALBUM COMES SOONER RATHER THAN LATER so we have even more material for U2 360-2011!

But in the meantime brother.....your true fans love you and care for you.

I think on the Friday night instead I'm just going to get pissed on cider and sing my heart out to the Bootleg Beatles on one of the smaller stages. :wink:

I think on the Friday night instead I'm just going to get pissed on cider and sing my heart out to the Bootleg Beatles on one of the smaller stages. :wink:

hahaha YES! Bootleg Beatles is my instant choice now U2 aren't playing until the replacement is announced. Rumours are going round that Dizzee Rascal will be promoted to headliner (not a good idea in my opinion, he's barely second-to-headliner material to be honest. great fun though) or Coldplay (not totally unlikely) to the absolute fantasy that Led Zeppelin will play. Would be fucking AMAZING but it's not gonna happen in a million years :wink:

but sorry this isn't the thread for that i'll stop now

yeah, I've spent the last hour doing that. Haven't gotten around to the airlines though, that's going to sting a little.

Yes I know...hope you're not flying American too much. Just got the bitter truth from them...I had booked two one way tickets cause I wasn't sure at the time when I wanted to return. It was going to be $150 to cancel each leg...more than the price of each ticket. Next time, I'll have to be sure to fly Southwest, no cancellation fees or changes fees (which is the was it should be).

That means when he posed with me on my car at the Globe and Mail, he might have been in pain. Brother......take your time....heal yourself....write some lyrics.

I'm going to hope that maybe, just maybe, THE NEW ALBUM COMES SOONER RATHER THAN LATER so we have even more material for U2 360-2011!

But in the meantime brother.....your true fans love you and care for you.

While he's resting and taking care of himself, he can use the time to write songs.

edit: didn't realize he was facing paralysis. This obviously is more serious then I thought. My apologies.

I posted this a couple of pages back but, just in case you missed seeing it. I got this email just this morning

They are going to honor your ticket Whenever they start the tour up again.

Attention ticket holder!

We just learned that your upcoming event has been postponed:

U2
Lincoln Financial Field
Monday, July 12 at 7 PM New date: Still to be announced!

Don’t worry, your original tickets will still be good for the new date. We know you are excited to see U2, so just sit tight, as soon as the new date is announced, we’ll let you know!

Questions? Just hit reply and ask us or visit Ticketmaster.com!

Ticketmaster Fan Support

Going to see one of my other favorite bands -- My Morning Jacket -- headlining Sasquatch this weekend. I'll raise one for the B-man. Get well brother.

I saw it all when I woke up this morning...but I was prepared for it, I think.

Right now, I'm really relieved. After so many days with no updates, I was getting so worried about Bono. I'm just glad he's going to get better and be ok.

Whenever the shows are rescheduled to, I'll be there. They've given us so much...now it's our turn to give our love and support :up:

They'd better add some dates next year...or at least get some bigger opening acts, like when Pearl Jam opened for that postponed Hawaii show on Vertigo.

In the meantime, now I've got to console a broken hearted 4 yr old son and try to figure out what to do this summer instead, seeing as how our MI road trip was our summer vacation.

And the worst part? No one has even said what exactly happened to our beloved B-man. If we'd been told how extensive the surgery/recovery is, then maybe we'd be a little less crushed. :reject:

I posted this a couple of pages back but, just in case you missed seeing it. I got this email just this morning

They are going to honor your ticket Whenever they start the tour up again.

Attention ticket holder!

We just learned that your upcoming event has been postponed:

U2
Lincoln Financial Field
Monday, July 12 at 7 PM New date: Still to be announced!

Don’t worry, your original tickets will still be good for the new date. We know you are excited to see U2, so just sit tight, as soon as the new date is announced, we’ll let you know!

Questions? Just hit reply and ask us or visit Ticketmaster.com!

Ticketmaster Fan Support

Hmm I havent gotten an email yet.

They'd better add some dates next year...or at least get some bigger opening acts, like when Pearl Jam opened for that postponed Hawaii show on Vertigo.

In the meantime, now I've got to console a broken hearted 4 yr old son and try to figure out what to do this summer instead, seeing as how our MI road trip was our summer vacation.

And the worst part? No one has even said what exactly happened to our beloved B-man. If we'd been told how extensive the surgery/recovery is, then maybe we'd be a little less crushed. :reject:

I'm not sure why they'd have to add additional dates. Did you read the u2.com article regarding what happened? I think they gave us more details than I ever needed or thought they would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom