Bono's Surgery and Tour Impact - Info & Discussion Here - Part 2 [update post #370]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least now we know he's had the surgery that'll relieve him of pain, and by one of the best surgeons in the field. I'm sure he'll have top notch therapy as well.
I was really looking forward to the anaheim shows & seeing everyone here but they're rescheduling and no doubt if Bono does as he's supposed to, we'll see them play in NA next year. (how many threads can we get to by then do you think?) :crack: I'd better go find out about changing my flight to CA :sad:

I already canceled my hotel in Denver and I have to work on a few other things. I'm still going to Anaheim and Oakland, though.

Can't we just be greatful that Bono is doing well and won't be paralyzed or something worse.

It's bullshit. If it was such a big problem why didn't he take care of this during the last 6 months and not 2 weeks before the tour starts?

/Venting

Oh Jesus, like Bono sat around and thought, "Gee, I'd really like to fuck things up for people, hows about some spinal surgery? Sounds like a blast!"

C'mon, dude, everyone is in a spot but if he needed the surgery, something must have happened to require immediate attention.

SteveD, I should probably be a little nicer, but SHUT UP.

Like Chels82 said above me, Bono just had the time of his life with that surgery.

Grow up, pal.

Hold on to the tickets and they'll play the show for you, its that simple.

No one is screwing you out of your money or a show.

Yeah, it sucks that we have to wait another year after buying tickets for these shows 7-8 months ago, but how long do we wait in between albums and tours? I can wait another year.

Soooo does everyone think the NA dates will be again in summer? for 2011?

Im so sad for everyone who was looking forward to going to a show and even more for U2. I know they must be so bummed. Hopes and prayers for a full recovery for Bman!

Or, since he is a lifelong songwriter, maybe he will find fresh and interesting inspiration in these latest events that life has thrown at him.

He probably will.

But to suggest that he should be thinking about new material rather than his health right now is silly, sorry.

I really hope it's summer 2011 and that I can still do at least some of the dates I was planning.

What pain he must have been in. "partial paralysis"? That's huge.

eta: I just realized this sounds a little selfish. I was trying to look at the bright side / hope for the best. Hope it didn't come off as whining.

Soooo does everyone think the NA dates will be again in summer? for 2011?

Im so sad for everyone who was looking forward to going to a show and even more for U2. I know they must be so bummed. Hopes and prayers for a full recovery for Bman!

I think so, though I hope those who had tickets for the first leg don't have to wait too long.

I'll still go to glasto, just gonna suck not seeing them perform. :sad:

So I'm out the cost of a U2.com subscription and have bought tickets for a show that's taking place almost 18 months after I bought the tickets?

It's bullshit. If it was such a big problem why didn't he take care of this during the last 6 months and not 2 weeks before the tour starts?

/Venting

hahahahahahahaha :lol: - you're a fucking idiot! A man has spinal surgery, and is forced to cancel gigs to recover over 2 months to avoid paralysis and some whiney little bitch like you comes on here and turns it around to make it about how it's bullshit and you're the victim. Grow up you waste of space and get off this fucking website.

Or, since he is a lifelong songwriter, maybe he will find fresh and interesting inspiration in these latest events that life has thrown at him..

Those Guardian comments make me sick as well. But that's the British for you, most of us are just bitter wankers.

So I'm out the cost of a U2.com subscription and have bought tickets for a show that's taking place almost 18 months after I bought the tickets?

Apparently they make those in Jersey too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom