Bono's Surgery and Tour Impact - Info & Discussion Here - Part 2 [update post #370]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. There's bitching, there's moaning, and there's our endless nitpicking, but I'd to see people start getting weird.

......... I suppose some would say it's too late for that, anyway. :wink:

Cori, I get what you're saying but I also understand edge-evans' frustration. It would be nice to know that he made it through surgery and is beginning to recover. I mean, is he conscious? Did something go wrong? I don't think a BRIEF and GENERAL statement is too much to ask.

Of course if he said something brief and vague people here would dissect the hell out of it - over-analyzing verb tense, singular/plural, etc.

No, I know. I just read a little bit of an edge (har har SEE WHAT I DID THERE) that made me worry that people's frustration was going to start tipping into irrational anger soon, and there's just no call for that.

my opinion is that the original statement should have been more specific, or that they should have had a couple more vague statements in the last few days.

Pure silence is torture.

What i find very odd is that Paul said in his statement "these dates" and kept referring to multiple dates being cancelled or postponed but only one has been announced. My bet is that they're not releasing any more press until the other dates have a successfully confirmed cancellation.

What i find very odd is that Paul said in his statement "these dates" and kept referring to multiple dates being cancelled or postponed but only one has been announced. My bet is that they're not releasing any more press until the other dates have a successfully confirmed cancellation.

But you gotta look at the other scenario. If Paul had used date (singular), then most people here would have started cheering that all the other concerts after SLC were free from postponement. Then, if a few days later, U2.com announced that a few additional shows were postponed, people around here would have went ape shit and would complain, "Hey! He only said date in the originally announcement! What's with these additional shows being postponed?!"

To me, the fact that only SLC has been postoned means there is hope for the shows right after it still going on as planned. My guess is U2's management is making alternate plans for the worst case scenario and they probably have a deadlime set. When they hit that deadline, Bono and his doctors will have to decide if they should go on as planned and if not, they will have to decide what shows need to be moved.

I say give them until atleast Wednesday to announce something before getting pissy. The last thing the band wants to do is rush to postpone shows, only to find out that Bono could have actually performed at them.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand again, I'm going to hell.

Seriously, though, had this been a life or death situation, my posts in these threads would be very different.

In the meantime, I will continue to while away my impatience and slight anxiety by being goofy.

... and occasionally a little self-righteous and a little bitchy, but that's just part of my charm. :wink:

That's the way.
Uh-huh Uh-huh

So...I'm still out of the loop. This is my understanding:
Bono had back surgery because he couldn't wait for me to graduate.
We were told we'd get word of the fate of the tour today.
We got no word.
People are "oh noez-ing" as per your former sig.

Correct?

The initial rumor was that there'd be an announcement today, but that was never a for sure thing, so nothing's really changed.

We're just waiting for pretty much anything. I think the only actual rumor to come out of today's stuff was that Bono was possibly back in Ireland now, resting? I don't even remember where that came from.

It's hard to wait but I'd rather have my shows postponed than see a half-hearted and painful attempt. But then I was also lucky enough to hit a couple of shows last year.

I say give them until atleast Wednesday to announce something before getting pissy. The last thing the band wants to do is rush to postpone shows, only to find out that Bono could have actually performed at them.

so is it too early for this?

angry-mob.bmp

.... didn't Frankenstein where shoes with giant soles? Like .... oh, I don't know .... BONO'S????

Ah, I see. I just listened to PMcG's statement on u2.com. I think what sucks most about this whole thing is that he told us to stay tuned for an update from the crappiest website on the net.

Maybe he just meant to stay tuned to the intarwebz. I always stay tuned to them. The series of tubes gives me all the news I need!

And much that I don't.

.... didn't Frankenstein where shoes with giant soles? Like .... oh, I don't know .... BONO'S????

Maybe he just meant to stay tuned to the intarwebz. I always stay tuned to them. The series of tubes gives me all the news I need!

And much that I don't.

:lol: shoes.

Maybe. But he specifically said "u2.com" Which means it is entirely possible that an announcement has been made. They just haven't posted it yet, probably because they're still trying to figure out how.

Where's BaGoL? :sigh:

Oh, he did? I forgot about the specific part. I'm actually willing to give them a slight benefit of the doubt, since this is such a big deal - they had that first announcement up pretty quickly.

They just haven't posted it yet, probably because they're still trying to figure out how.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom