Bono Still In Nyc....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bb13.jpg

...so he did take off his tie and opened the shirt then...:drool:

bb15.jpg

bono, don't put that sly face: halloween's night is coming... :macdevil:

BBC News
U2 frontman Bono has been honoured with an award for his humanitarian work at an Aids charity fundraiser in New York.
Singer Alicia Keys, who co-founded the Keep A Child Alive charity, described Bono as "an amazing man" at the event.
"He is an inspiration and single-handedly made it cool to have something to speak about," she told the Associated Press news agency.
Bono said he was "proud" but would rather be giving an award than receiving one.
"Rock stars always want to do two things. They want to have fun and change the world. If they can do both at the same time, you're okay," he added.
Keys said Bono "works tirelessly at really having a cause and fighting for it".

:up:

aside from so many beautiful pics, can someone describe the carrying out of the event?
I can't find any mention in the web :sigh:

thank you thank you, onekea !!!!!!
Wow, his hair looks so red in these pictures.
No tie, open shirt-he is looking so so HOT. His face is beautiful.

We saw those kids come out of a van, and wondered if they were going to sing for him.

If only we had $1000 for upper balcony seats. I would have LOVED to see and hear him speak and to hear others thoughts about him and his work.

Now the after party that was upstairs must have been :sexywink: :tongue: :heart:

blm said:
Ahhh, here you all are!!!
Well, once upon a time......there was (is) a girl named JC. She has 2 wonderful characteristics: perseverance, charm, and optimism. (okay, that's 3!). Here is how the story goes:

We were all on the lookout for Bono's suave security man named Brian, when all of a sudden the door opens and he is looking out towards us. JC yells and waves, Hey Brian and he looks right at her and waves(?) or points and says Hi, that he remembers her from Philly. He came out and she called him and he came right over. She asked him to make sure Bono comes over and he said " You know, he does whatever he wants to, but I am sure he will. " :drool: :drool: Ater he left us, I was worried 'bout JC! She stayed very still -frozen is the word i would use. And i think she said she was dizzy. But she LOOKED so pretty and calm.

JC, I am a little fuzzy on the exactness of the words,etc as I am still calming down from my GLIMPSEs of :drool: Bono:drool:

It turns out he didn't come over to us, though. (those words make me sad ).

We kept an eye on Brian so we could see the moment Bono's car pulled up. Bono was in the front seat, passenger side, and Ali behind him. It all happened so quickly. They were directed right over to the red carpet, and Ali went in after a bit. Bono, of course, talked..and talked to the photographers, then went in.

When we were saying goodbye to BonoFox1 and her friend, PDiddy and Jay-z arrived, and they got out and shook hands, etc right in front of us. (they were late!!)

JC - fill in what i missed.
Talk to you all tomorrow. i think i am finally tired.

Thank you so much blm for such kind words you give way to much credit.

I'm thinking I likey Brian ALOT, gave a good hug too! :love:

Quick wrap up:

Quick wave to Paul M. and got a wave back.

Alicia looking elegant and gorgeous.

Gwen Stefani :shocked: :drool: Only one to sign an autograph when she got out of the car.

David Bowie looking awesome and Iman picturesque & elegant.

P. Diddy looking hot, taller than I thought.

Jay - Z could have been walking by on the street and I wouldn't know it was him.

Russel Simmons w/someone young enought to be his daughter.
Christy Turlington & Ed Burns gorgeous couple.

Petra supermodel - stunning with actor Peter Berg :scratch:

Sheryly Crow - Fabulous in her 40's :drool:

Top Chef Judge Padma Lakshmi - gorgeous and way too thin to be a food judge!!!

Billy Joe Armstrong/Greenday - very very tiny and waved when we yelled out.

Gail King - (Oprahs Friend) came along look lovely.

Bobby Shriver - wearing Red Converse and red scarf. Thought he was taller than he is.

Mike Mills - R.E.M. dressed kind of oddly.

I have to say pictures do not do these people justice.

I think I got everyone. :hmm:

Hi JC,
Did you talk nonstop to your husband when you got home?
How did you sleep? Was Brian in your dreams?
:wink:

I was so wound up last night and after looking this morning at all these pictures from the photography shoots, I am feeling the adrenalin again. I am feeling quite blue about not getting to see more of him.

:wave: blm

I talked non-stop and loud when I got home.
Funny you mention sleep. My husband woke me up 2X cause I yelled out something and then I started shaking but I was dreaming about something that was making me laugh in my sleep I think I was giddy.

and Brian :heart:

bonocomet said:

Until someone posts it without the watermarks...

bonoblackball10-25-07.jpg

This is such a beautiful shot.

I wish we could have the clean version of it.

Hate the water marks.:sad:

I know the watermarks are bad on these, but just thought I'd post them until someone finds them without so many watermarks

bonoblackball10-25-07alialicia3.jpg

bonocomet said:

Until someone posts it without the watermarks...

bonoblackball10-25-07.jpg

What can I say?

MERAVIGLIOSA CREATURA!

my brain isn't able to translate what I feel for this man, this pic is simply to kiss kiss kiss kiss :heart:

thanks comet so much!

and...am I in a daze ( :yes: ) for this man or can we see the blue eyes behind the glasses? :drool:

please no watermark!!!

bonocomet said:
There are 2 pics there of Billie Joe but none so far of he and Bono together

found this one - there are a bunch of good ones of wireimage but I've got loads to do today - will try and upload some more tonight

15048759chrissib10262007103205AM.jpg

Back
Top Bottom