Best Song Survivor: Grand Finalé

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
just listening to the Glastonbury concert versions to make a really basic comparison at a specific moment in time - not a good choice as both are annoying performances what with the snippets -although i just noticed the Waterboys snippet in Bad there (psst it doesn't work!) :D

i'm still undecided... i think Streets is the Edge's song, it's his guitar work that shines and takes centre stage there i think, whereas Bad is Bono's song - the lyrics are gorgeous and i love the interplay of the words, it's like poetry (studio versions, i mean, he messes with the lyrics live doesn't he :lol: )

going back to listen to the studio versions again...

Any chance you'll be biting your fingers off as well?

Gollumbites10.jpg

That's a pretty great argument.

I don't think I've asked you to do this during this Rate The Song series Digitize, but could you please change my vote from Bad to Streets. Much as I love Streets, it was Bad at live aid that turned me into a U2 fanatic.

Absolutely.

Been following this since the beginning

O'rly?

your Join date: December 2012

Best Song Survivor start: October 2012

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/best-song-survivor-boy-round-one-214521.html#post7577932

just logged in for the first time to vote for Streets.

So you've been lurking since December, just waiting to pounce on Streets if (rather, when!) it got to the final round?

Pardon me if this doesn't just look like a ghost account set up by a regular here to try and fuck with the final result. I'm sure digitize doesn't expect 100% participation in each round. But ONE vote, and not until the very final deciding round? And no other posts in the forum, ever? Cmon.

PS. This only half serious, but I think it bears pointing out, even if it's just all for fun.

O'rly?

your Join date: December 2012

Best Song Survivor start: October 2012

http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f288/best-song-survivor-boy-round-one-214521.html#post7577932

So you've been lurking since December, just waiting to pounce on Streets if (rather, when!) it got to the final round?

Pardon me if this doesn't just look like a ghost account set up by a regular here to try and fuck with the final result. I'm sure digitize doesn't expect 100% participation in each round. But ONE vote, and not until the very final deciding round? And no other posts in the forum, ever? Cmon.

PS. This only half serious, but I think it bears pointing out, even if it's just all for fun.

yup i took it with a bucket load of salt as well :lol:

just listening to the Glastonbury concert versions to make a really basic comparison at a specific moment in time - not a good choice as both are annoying performances what with the snippets -although i just noticed the Waterboys snippet in Bad there (psst it doesn't work!) :D

i'm still undecided... i think Streets is the Edge's song, it's his guitar work that shines and takes centre stage there i think, whereas Bad is Bono's song - the lyrics are gorgeous and i love the interplay of the words, it's like poetry (studio versions, i mean, he messes with the lyrics live doesn't he :lol: )

Edge's guitar on live Bad is so good. Makes the song for me, especially when it picks up.

Well it was fun while it lasted. I really hoped for the non-generic winner this time.

Well it was fun while it lasted. I really hoped for the non-generic winner this time.

Don't totally count your chickens before they hatch. Streets will probably win, but this poll still has almost a full day left.

Edge's guitar on live Bad is so good. Makes the song for me, especially when it picks up.

Absolutely, I really prefer it when Bono doesn't scream the whole way through Edge's solo, it's that part which really elevates the live versions over the original studio version. For me, Edge's guitar (esp the solo, if you'd call it that) sums up everything I love about U2.

I think Streets is a lock. Sure, it may be a boring result and we may have known it was winner since day 1 of the game, but it is worthy. The only song I would've rather had won would be The Fly, but nevertheless, Streets is a more than worthy winner. Bad is good, and I respect how it can be magical for some, but there's something about Streets that is so captivating. The passion, the energy, it all adds up to a glorious piece of music.

Is it predictable? Yes. But Streets wins because it's simply the best.

I think Streets is a lock. Sure, it may be a boring result and we may have known it was winner since day 1 of the game, but it is worthy. The only song I would've rather had won would be The Fly, but nevertheless, Streets is a more than worthy winner. Bad is good, and I respect how it can be magical for some, but there's something about Streets that is so captivating. The passion, the energy, it all adds up to a glorious piece of music.

Is it predictable? Yes. But Streets wins because it's simply the best.

Bah humbug.

Damnit I thought we might have a massive upset on our hands.

Still, will be interesting when I do the alternate multiple vote for favourites Survivor. Perhaps the final of that will throw up an unexpected result. I'll kick that off after Easter, since I imagine people might not be around over the holidays.

The best song won and the second-best song finished second. A couple of the 00s songs (BD, MOS) should have been in the top 10, but overall, a pretty decent job.

wow, it wasn't actually that close in the end!

now.... if it was Streets versus Zooropa... :hmm:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom