Backing Tracks + Miss Sarajevo Cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

am22884

The Fly
Hey guy's, thought I would share my backing tracks. Not perfect, but hopefully they're ok. Hope to add more soon
My Backing Tracks

Just finished a Miss Sarajevo cover today. My first attempt at vocals, so it's not pretty :uhoh: Was quite tricky to get the string section correct, but I did my best. Miss Sarajevo cover

Thanks for listening

Thanks

Esta muy bien las versiones sobre todo la de lapoe :wink:
Y las backing track estan de muerte!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;) ;) ;) ;)

Thanks for replying guys. The drums, bass, keyboards etc, are all midi sequenced, then put through Synthfont.
Then I bring the tracks into Cool Edit and add effects... Got loads more I've nearly finished, doesn't take long

regards, Am

Wow, I'm really impressed with your Miss Sarajevo cover :up:

Seriously, your singing is really good man, better than mine I would say. I thought you might have done the Pavarotti part, but I guess you were probably right not to try, it would have been incredibly hard! What did you use to record vocals? Also, how did you get that sound where the vocals sound like there are two people singing together (they don't sound at all thin)?

AND finally, could you please show me how you played OOTS on piano? I'm a guitarist with a basic knowledge of piano, but I'd love to be able to play this one on piano. Thanks a lot again and well done.

Hey John-Boy, always appreciate your feedback. Working on Crumbs, Last Night On Earth, One Tree Hill & a few Coldplay songs

Thanks a lot J_T_H
My equipment budget is very limited. For recording the vocals, I just used a really crap mic that came with my PC, straight into Cool Edit Pro. The dual vocals is me singing it twice through, one take in a slightly deeper voice, if that make any sense...

I did attempt the first few bars of the Pavarotti section, but thought better of it when I imagined the embarrassment level if it was ever heard :lol: :wink:

Regarding OOTS on piano, I don't know how to read/write piano music, I just play it by how it sounds until I get it right. I'll try and come up with something to help.

Thanks again

am22884 said:
Regarding OOTS on piano, I don't know how to read/write piano music, I just play it by how it sounds until I get it right. I'll try and come up with something to help.

Thanks, I can't really read music either but it sounds like you have it off to a tee - if there is a way you could "communicate" how to play it as I say it would be much appreciated! Good work and thanks again.

Ok J_T_H. Drop me an email am22884@yahoo.co.uk and we'll try and work something out. Im thinking along the lines of a screenshot from the sequencer, which shows the positons of the notes. Might be quite an easy way to learn it

Back
Top Bottom