American Idol 6 - Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm really not surprised Haley is still around. She has a great body...

BUT...

That still doesn't mean she can sing worth a damn. :wink:

I think she actually has a very pleasant voice. She just belongs on a cruise ship or something, not on American Idol.

corianderstem said:
I think she actually has a very pleasant voice. She just belongs on a cruise ship or something, not on American Idol.

Yeah, or maybe doing burlesque. :wink:

corianderstem said:

Please don't blame all of America for the shitty singers that stay on the show.

And besides - every American knows that "U Can't Touch This" is the pinnacle of musical genius.

Sheesh. Get it right.

:wink:

:giggle:

SERIOUSLY AMERICA.. WTF!! Gina was a good singer...:mad:

I so thought it was going to be haley but i guess its all about ta tas and arse, legs.... that's what counts... :huh:

I'd say pretty good odds, but no one will take it seriously except the moneymen expecting it to sell well to tween girls or something.

I mean, come on - didn't William Hung get to put out an album, too?

I cried too...the mini fahs were in total shock.

I have some questions...

Were the three girls (Jordin, Melinda and Lakisha) the top three or were they just grouped that way?

And are the voting results ever released?

I've never heard of the voting results being released. Apparently Jordin, Melinda and Lakisha were in the top group, as the boys were stated as not being the top group but not being the bottom.

Rock on Gina :rockon: :(

AI Recaps-April 4th
The Results

It’s Wednesday night, and we all know what that means. Another Idol contestant will be no more. Ryan claims Tony Bennett may have helped the Idol hopefuls the night before but he can’t help them now. However, Vote for the Worst certainly can. Ryan introduces the judges. Apparently Paula found my old first communion dress.

Ryan puts the nine into three groups of three. Melinda, Jordin, and Lakisha are in one of the group, and not surprisingly are safe. Blake, Chris, and unfortunately, Sanjaya are also safe. Haley, Phil, and Gina are on the AI seal of failure, so I don’t have to be psychic to know they are the bottom three. And Sanjaya ain’t going anywhere.

But before we can get to the fates of our bottom three, we need a guest performer. Unfortunately Tony Bennett can’t make it. Ryan claims Mr. Bennett came down with the flu, but I think he got busy showing a house to a prospective home owner. Instead, we get Michael Buble who smarms his way through his performance. And I bet he came up with his lame Antonella Barba joke in the middle of singing the song.

Now it’s time to get rid of yet another contestant. Phil, despite singing like he was the living dead on Tuesday night, is safe. That leaves Legs Scarnato and Gina. Sadly, it is Gina who is leaving us. As I’ve mentioned before, I like Gina. She’s probably the closest we’ve gotten to a rocker chick, and I appreciated how she never pooh-poohed the different themes unlike last week’s bootee, Chris Sligh. I didn’t expect her to win this thing, but I was hoping she’d go further.

And yes, Sanjaya is still in this competition much to my chagrin. If we’re in the universe of Sanjaya, then I want the mother ship to call me home. As the Smiths once sang, “That Joke Isn’t Funny Anymore.” So keep this in mind, you Vote for the Worst people, you Howard Stern fans, and you squeeing tweener girls. If Sanjaya becomes the next American Idol, the terrorists have won.

Gina is a better singer than Haley, I don't know how anyone could say otherwise. Sadly I don't think it's just men who are responsible-although I would imagine AI has a pretty high teenage/20 something boy demographic. The reality is that women judge on looks too-and of course Gina is "out there" with her tongue piercing and rocker chick thing. Maybe she had too much "attitude" for some people too, a la Chris Sligh. AI just mirrors the music business- and for women in it is so much more about looks. When women are competing in it, the one who is deemed better looking will get the record deal even if the other is a better singer (in mainstream commercial pop music).

I haven't voted at all this season, I just haven't cared enough I guess.

I wanted to like Gina, being a rock chick and all, but I thought she was too uneven and not a great singer (good but not great). She'd be good in a rock band, but not as a solo artist. Still, I think Phil should have gone home last night.

Finally, this was the first vote-off of the season I've actually seen.

2007_03_29t171555_308x450_us_americanidol_sanjaya.jpg

:drool:

MrsSpringsteen said:
http://ifsanjayawins.com/

If Sanjaya wins I will (for one week) replace my avatar with a picture of George W Bush-or the NY Yankees logo. I'm trying to decide which is more evil and would be more painful for me.

Choose the greatest Prez of all time GWB (not)

So I am a HUGE AI fan-have been since the Kelly days. This year I am starting to think I just can't handle it anymore. Sanjaya makes me want to suffocate myself and WTF with kicking Gina off. I actually liked her. Haley has taken a page of Kat McPhee's how to dress like a whore to get votes book and it is working!! If Melinda looks surprised by the nice comments one more time I am gonna hurl. Yeah Lakisha we get it. Blake and Chris who is who? Phil you have no idea how to sing unless you are belting and I don't remember anyone else.
There is no way anyone of these people will compare with the Kelly/Carrie CD sale domination so why are we even botehring this year.

:sad: i just dropped into this thread and read that Gina is out of the show, have i got that right?!?!

If that's right then i totally can't get my head around that as i wanted her to win! :(

I've been watching some at weekends and after reading this i reckon i won't even bother watching anymore really :tsk:

Good times.

Imagine what I'll be like to ride around in the A.I. tour bus this summer if SanJarJar Binks wins this thing.

:hyper:

MrsSpringsteen said:
http://ifsanjayawins.com/

If Sanjaya wins I will (for one week) replace my avatar with a picture of George W Bush-or the NY Yankees logo. I'm trying to decide which is more evil and would be more painful for me.

Eesh that's a toughie...I had a similar bet with a buddy where if he won I'd have to wear a Yankee cap, and if I won he'd wear a Sox cap. Thankfully I won and have remained Yankee-apparel free :)

If Sanjaya wins I will set his first single as my ringtone for a week.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom