Alternate Breathe - DO NOT POST REQUESTS HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you know if the download link is for both Ordinary Love and Breathe?

Sorry, the download link that comes with the record is of course for both songs :)

I don't have a record player so I don't buy the vinyl.

Breathe is growing on me now, it sounds so raw, totally different from Ordinary Love, which I also like.

I just got it! The vinyl comes with a download link for both songs! Breathe sounds awesome. It's very stripped down. I really like!

Great! Where did you get yours? I ordered from Vintage Vinyl and I only have a "processing" message so far.

WOW :up: Very Impressed. Some good lyrics from Bono. That guitar twang reminds me of Alice In Chains. Color me excited for the new album.

Is Bono gonna be singing in that shrill higher register for the entire album? My ears. They hurt :sad:

I like how in the first chorus I'm expecting him to let out a long "NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED" but he does it in falsetto instead.

I like how in the first chorus I'm expecting him to let out a long "NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED" but he does it in falsetto instead.
Yeah, I was happy w/ that, too--I always thought he should've used a falsetto for that and the "Breeeaaaaatthhheeeee" part, as well.

I like it, and actually think Bono sounds better than on Ordinary Love lol :shrug:

It happens.

Yeah, I was happy w/ that, too--I always thought he should've used a falsetto for that and the "Breeeaaaaatthhheeeee" part, as well.

He did in the beach clip, and I that better than the non-falsetto Bono/Edge harmony. I was really hoping that this version would have a falsetto "Breathe" line like the beach clip, and it does!

It's not terrible, but I still prefer the album version by far. Still curious to hear a full version of the Mandela lyrics over the album instrumental though.

I like the NLOTH version more, but I'm still happy to have this one around because it's quite neat.

Why do people continue to order this stuff? I woke up this morning at a reasonable hour, refreshed and rejuvenated from yesterday's festivities, strolled casually down the street, accessed a quaint record store establishment, and purchased the new U2 vinyl (cash). I've listened several times, and quite enjoy the new version of Breathe much better than the generic, lifeless dud from the last album. It is a surprisingly fresh and engaging listen.

I noticed on the production credits that the Mandela version of Breathe was recorded at Electric Ladyland Studios.. I am assuming it is a recent re-recording?

... quite enjoy the new version of Breathe much better than the generic, lifeless dud from the last album.

:huh:

Generic? Lifeless??? Dud???? to describe the album version?

3CVTn_zps6b948c48.gif

The guitar here is pretty cool. Vocals are ok, falsetto for "NEEEEEEEEEEEED" works well. Good stuff, although I think the lyrics are somewhat...off. The words are fine, but I don't feel it fits the rhythm of the music.

Just got the first listen to Breathe. Wow, totally different! I like it, especially the almost Westerny sound of the lead guitar and the fullness that's not bombastic when the whole band comes in. I like the idea of multiple voices on the chorus but I do miss Edge's higher line, and the way each of their phrases end moving upwards is a little funny. I'm loving the short little falsettos on the "need". Otherwise I don't get what people are saying about it being too high, because it's actually in the same key as the album version, isn't it? I'll have to see how it wears after a few more listens, but a great first impression.

Just got the first listen to Breathe. Wow, totally different! I like it, especially the almost Westerny sound of the lead guitar and the fullness that's not bombastic when the whole band comes in. I like the idea of multiple voices on the chorus but I do miss Edge's higher line, and the way each of their phrases end moving upwards is a little funny. I'm loving the short little falsettos on the "need". Otherwise I don't get what people are saying about it being too high, because it's actually in the same key as the album version, isn't it? I'll have to see how it wears after a few more listens, but a great first impression.

Yep, it's really good.

I noticed on the production credits that the Mandela version of Breathe was recorded at Electric Ladyland Studios.. I am assuming it is a recent re-recording?

yeah, this one is acoustic...the first Mandela clips from the documentary were electric if i recall correctly.

I have to say, I'm not a big fan of this new version. But I'm a HUGE fan of the album version, which might explain it.

Back
Top Bottom