All U2 on Good Morning America Discussions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the links Queen Bee, you rock!! :)

The gifs were priceless, too. Heh.

I only caught the last song, cause Ruff was kind enough to e-mail to say they'd been on.

Oh, and the poor girl is so sick she can hardly croak out sounds! So :madspit: to B for making her sick. Or to that hobo guy. Whichever the case may be. :wink:

Chizip said:
at the end of the fan segment she said that u2 sometimes "accidentally" played the same song twice because they were having so much fun they had forgotten what they had already played

thats like the stupidest thing i have ever heard

Well to be honest she wouldn't know something was going on behind the scenes. I read somewhere, (here or @u2.com)because of a technical glitch during the first Vertigo something was screwed up during the filming and it was fixed when they repeated it.
GMA had 22 cameras there but the DVD was also being shot this night. I think.
OK this is probably not making sense, But it does sound like this was recorded for the upcoming DVD.

sue4u2 said:

Well to be honest she wouldn't know something was going on behind the scenes. I read somewhere, (here or @u2.com)because of a technical glitch during the first Vertigo something was screwed up during the filming and it was fixed when they repeated it.
GMA had 22 cameras there but the DVD was also being shot this night. I think.

Yea but I've the setlist for that night....it wasn't planned. :shrug: Who knows?

Queen Bee. OMG that Chizip gif....

:lmao:
*weeping*

just hysterical!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Queen Bee said:
Let's take another look at it...

chizip2.gif

:lmao:

Queen Bee, loved the clips. Thank you so, so much!

p.s. god i'm a dork :reject:

:applaud: Queen Bee! You keep on making my day! :wink: Thanks for the links!

Actually I found the article I read from Hot Press:

http://www.hotpress.com/music/news/2800057.html

U2 struck by Vertigo

19 May 2005

Chicago fans took a double-take recently when U2 played 'Vertigo' twice during their set

The mystery of why U2 played ‘Vertigo’ twice in Chicago – see the current issue of Hot Press – has been resolved.

After a dry run, the second and third nights of the band’s United Center residency were filmed for their 2005 concert DVD, which will be in the shops for Christmas.

“The cameras went a bit haywire on the final night during ‘Vertigo’, so ever the perfectionist Bono instructed the lads to do it again during the encore,” explains a U2 source. “Going by all the jumping and leaping around, I don’t think the crowd minded too much!”

Directed by the same man who did their Elevation: Live From Boston and U2 Go Home: Live From Slane Castle films, Hamish Hamilton, the new sell-through will feature all or most of: ‘City Of Blinding Lights’, ‘Elevation’, ‘Cry/Electric Co’, ‘An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart’, ‘Beautiful Day’, ‘New Year’s Day’, ‘Miracle Drug’, ‘Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own’, ‘Love And Peace’, ‘Sunday Bloody Sunday’, ‘Bullet The Blue Sky’, ‘Running To Standstill’, ‘Pride (In The Name Of Love)’, ‘Where The Streets Have No Name’, ‘One’, ‘Zoo Station’, ‘The Fly’, ‘Mysterious Ways’, ‘All Because Of You’, ‘Yahweh’, ‘Party Girl’, ‘40’, ‘Original Of The Species’ and ‘Vertigo’.

The Hot Press Newsdesk

i really dont know if i believe that though

they had played vertigo twice at a concert before the one they taped at

and they did it at a show after the taped one too

i think bono just likes ending shows on a high note every now and then

Last edited:
sue4u2 said:
Actually I found the article I read from Hot Press:

http://www.hotpress.com/music/news/2800057.html

U2 struck by Vertigo

19 May 2005

Chicago fans took a double-take recently when U2 played 'Vertigo' twice during their set

The mystery of why U2 played ‘Vertigo’ twice in Chicago – see the current issue of Hot Press – has been resolved.

After a dry run, the second and third nights of the band’s United Center residency were filmed for their 2005 concert DVD, which will be in the shops for Christmas.

“The cameras went a bit haywire on the final night during ‘Vertigo’, so ever the perfectionist Bono instructed the lads to do it again during the encore,” explains a U2 source. “Going by all the jumping and leaping around, I don’t think the crowd minded too much!”

Directed by the same man who did their Elevation: Live From Boston and U2 Go Home: Live From Slane Castle films, Hamish Hamilton, the new sell-through will feature all or most of: ‘City Of Blinding Lights’, ‘Elevation’, ‘Cry/Electric Co’, ‘An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart’, ‘Beautiful Day’, ‘New Year’s Day’, ‘Miracle Drug’, ‘Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own’, ‘Love And Peace’, ‘Sunday Bloody Sunday’, ‘Bullet The Blue Sky’, ‘Running To Standstill’, ‘Pride (In The Name Of Love)’, ‘Where The Streets Have No Name’, ‘One’, ‘Zoo Station’, ‘The Fly’, ‘Mysterious Ways’, ‘All Because Of You’, ‘Yahweh’, ‘Party Girl’, ‘40’, ‘Original Of The Species’ and ‘Vertigo’.

The Hot Press Newsdesk

I don't really believe this either. The performance on GMA this morning was the first performance and the cameras seemed to be working fine.

I don't think U2 really sat back in the encore break and discussed camera angles/shots...I was in the front row that night and it was very easy to tell that the 2nd vertigo was very spontaneous (adam and edge were ready to take their places for "40")

Edgette said:
They showed me getting my ticket scanned. Then the woman right behind me getting into the elipse, lol. I got in the next show. :wink:

I saw you!!! Hi edgette!

Damn.. I missed this.

But thank you Queen Bee for posting the links.. and thank you for that lovely Chizip gif :lmao:

I was thinking COBL or Streets, but I like the new version of Elevation. I thought they were showing two more songs today. I only saw Elevation. Did I miss one?

Last edited:
Woah, I love the new intro for Elevation! I've been staying away from any MP3s of the tour (apart from a moment of weakness when I listened to Zoo Station and BTBS) so it was great to hear. I love Larry's singing. :D

We got shortchanged one song for sure. This was on their website and it says 5 songs.

May 19, 2005

Iconic Irish rock band U2 gave "Good Morning America" a blowout concert performance in their first morning show performance ever.

"Good Morning America" caught up with the band in Chicago during their sold-out Vertigo tour where they performed five songs especially chosen for their first morning television performance ever.

You can catch the band's performance, which kicks off "Good Morning America's" 2005 Summer Concert Series, and an exclusive interview with U2 front man, Bono, on "Good Morning America" Friday, May 20.

Back
Top Bottom