All Southern Hemisphere tour information/rumours here please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ for those of us who um, don't speak spanish . . .:shifty: . . . praise be to the bonomeister for google translate . . . it may not be perfect but I guess we get the gist . . . and then check the date to make sure it's not April 1 . . . :D

We have confirmation that the producer Live Nation initiated contacts with local producers to expand U2360 ° Tour, not only in Chile but also in Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Mexico, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, United States U.S. and Canada.

Program for months, continents and countries is as follows:

First half of February: Japan and South Korea (Asia)
Late February: Australia and New Zealand (Oceania)
March: Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Peru (South America)
April-May: Mexico, USA, Canada (North America)

In South America were contacted technical data, capacity, guidance and feasibility for the following stages, in order to be assessed by the local producers who work with Live Nation (T4F) and thus to be leased during the month of March 2011:

- Estadio Monumental de Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Morumbi Stadium in Sao Paulo, Brasil.
- Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- National Stadium in Lima, Peru.

The contacts and contract signings will be held in the coming months, following confirmation on U2.com, as well as rescheduled dates for the United States and Canada that would be from April 2011.

More soon.

U2Chile.net | The Official website of U2 in Chile - LIVE NATION TO EXPAND HOME CONTACT TOUR 2011

not sure when the above was first posted on the U2Chile website but am guessing ( :D ) that recent events will have mayhaps forced some changes to this :shrug:

Mmm, it makes sense :hmm:

Not sure..!

^ for those of us who um, don't speak spanish . . .:shifty: . . . praise be to the bonomeister for google translate . . . it may not be perfect but I guess we get the gist . . . and then check the date to make sure it's not April 1 . . . :D

We have confirmation that the producer Live Nation initiated contacts with local producers to expand U2360 ° Tour, not only in Chile but also in Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Mexico, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, United States U.S. and Canada.

Program for months, continents and countries is as follows:

First half of February: Japan and South Korea (Asia)
Late February: Australia and New Zealand (Oceania)
March: Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Peru (South America)
April-May: Mexico, USA, Canada (North America)

In South America were contacted technical data, capacity, guidance and feasibility for the following stages, in order to be assessed by the local producers who work with Live Nation (T4F) and thus to be leased during the month of March 2011:

- Estadio Monumental de Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Morumbi Stadium in Sao Paulo, Brasil.
- Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- National Stadium in Lima, Peru.

The contacts and contract signings will be held in the coming months, following confirmation on U2.com, as well as rescheduled dates for the United States and Canada that would be from April 2011.

More soon.

U2Chile.net | The Official website of U2 in Chile - LIVE NATION TO EXPAND HOME CONTACT TOUR 2011

not sure when the above was first posted on the U2Chile website but am guessing ( :D ) that recent events will have mayhaps forced some changes to this :shrug:

Not sure about these gigs in Brazil taking place in Maracanã and Morumbi Stadium. Brazil will be hosting the FIFA World Cup in 2014 and by the FIFA schedule both stadiums should be closed for the public on 2011 due to be rebuilt on time for the event. I'm sure the promoters will find some place else in Brazil.

i haven't checked exactly when, but for what it's worth the wellington phoenix football club will go a month over the a-league season without playing a game in wellington. i'm fairly sure it lines up with tour rumours, but i'd have to open the pdf to find out exactly when.

Not sure about these gigs in Brazil taking place in Maracanã and Morumbi Stadium. Brazil will be hosting the FIFA World Cup in 2014 and by the FIFA schedule both stadiums should be closed for the public on 2011 due to be rebuilt on time for the event. I'm sure the promoters will find some place else in Brazil.

Ah yes, I forgot about that. Do you know when the stadiums will be closed to the public in 2011? Maybe U2 can play the last events at Maracana and Morumbi in January or February.

Japan shows can be played anytime indoors at the Big Egg in Tokyo, though I'm not sure the stage will fit under the roof.

Korea is dubious, since it's too cold there from January-April, and both the Olympic Stadium and World Cup Stadium are outdoor venues.

I think they might follow the Vertigo Tour pattern: Mexico/South America - Australia/New Zealand - Japan

Oh man, U2 at the Maracana would be epic.

< read ^ as U2 do the Macarena :lol: . . . :nerd:

NO MUM!!!!

I am on my honeymoon from 15 feb to 27 feb.

I will be in hawaii....

:'(

late feb . . . you should still be good :) . . . and depending on when postponed gigs get rescheduled .. . you just might luck out anyways :hug:

Wonder if the U2360 stage can fit under the Tokyo Dome? If not, I bet they'll go for Yokohama.

The Tokyo Dome has a maximum height of 61 meters (200 feet) above the playing field.
The Claw is 164 feet tall, so it should fit.

International Stadium in Yokohama is an outdoor venue, so April would be the earliest they could play there, should the Big Egg not work.

As mentioned above, forget Maracana -- the stadium closes down completely this September to prepare for the World Cup in 2014:

http://en.mercopress.com/2009/12/20...tadium-which-will-host-world-cup-and-olympics

Couldn't find anything about Morumbi, but I reckon it will close around the same time.

Maybe U2 can play a free show on Copacabana Beach instead, like the Stones did in 2006:

2006-r-stones-rio-day-90.jpg

I just encountered this videoclip. It seems to be an interview from the construction site of a new stadium in Peru, and from what I gather - with my restricted knowledge of Spanish - this guy comments the recent rumours and says it will be difficult to get the job done before U2 can possibly come and play there in March as been suggested. It's about a minute into the clip.

YouTube - Será difícil que U2 se presente en marzo del 2011 en el remozado Estadio Nacional

I could be wrong though. :reject:

Another indication that they are going to South America March 2011.

U2News: RUMOR: U2 en Argentina en marzo de 2011

translation....

Deborah U2News Filc contacted, Head of Press Time For Fun Argentina, following the news emerged days before the start of contacts with promoter Live Nation to expand local production U2 360 ° Tour in South America.

While Deborah, of course, could not provide any confirmation on exact dates, reported that U2 would probably again in Argentina next month March 2011.

So, it seems, everything is designed so that the Irish are returning to South America between February and April next year, so the expectations of many fans of this place in the world to gain strength again.

To expect that any day now U2.com confirmation we dream.

They could perhaps play Estadio Monumental capacity 80,000 in Lima or Universidad San Marcos Stadium capacity 67,000 in Lima as well. If the National Stadium isn't ready by then there are hopes for these two venues as well.

I don't know...something tells me U2 won't announce any new dates until they know Bono is better. All we need is more exitement over new shows, only to be told a few months later the band won't be ready.

Late Feb sounds perfect for Australia - before the footy seasons really get going. As for Seoul in Feb - hmm, unless they have installed a roof on the Olympic Stadium or 2002 Stadium I doubt it. Busan has a stadium with a roof if I remember correctly. I am still hoping for a Hong Kong show. It will be 20 or so degrees celcius there at the time - and that way they can claim they've played China!

Late Feb sounds perfect for Australia, except for the weather. Stadium gigs in 40 plus weather :yikes: At least I'm not planning to do GA this time round!

Late Feb sounds perfect for Australia, except for the weather. Stadium gigs in 40 plus weather :yikes: At least I'm not planning to do GA this time round!

Yeah the summers keep getting hotter each year. For me Novemeber or March would be my ideal choice. Back in 2006 the cancelled Adelaide show in March would have been a really nice night, temperature wise. The actual Novemeber concert though was really cold. Jan & Feb will be nothing but heatwaves for Adelaide and Melbourne and rain for the east coast. But in the end who really gives a shit when it comes to outdoor gigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom