All complaints about the setlist HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's like saying that In God's Country represents its era as well as Streets.

Yeah, not really. EBTTRT and IGC were both singles, but the former was far more successful and would be more of a crowd pleaser.

I support KEVIN's post.

Well I don't need to. I don't mind this thread at all. In fact, I should contribute to it.

You do mind the setlist "defenders" ...so Ignore button may work out for that?

No one minds the thread, just the aggressive attitudes.

There's only two complaints I have about the set, based on the shows I saw ... and they are really minor:

1. Opening with BD simply does not work. The stringray intro is great, but then there's that kind of awkward pause and BD is a great live song, but not as an opener. U2 shouldn't rely on crowd pleasing classics and old songs to open the show. Many might have hated Breathe as an opener last year, but I still prefer it over BD. At the moment I'm thinking Glastonbury would make a very good opener. They should definitely think this over and get some fresh stuff out there after the intro.

2. Minor, but still: Since I love Moment of Surrender so much I always wonder why Bono went back to singing only parts of the first verse and drop one of the most beautiful parts of that song? I know he did that very early in 2009 as well but later sang the whole song without omitting parts of it. I just wish he'd do that now as well. Apart from that, MOS is one of my personal highlights of the tour.

I truly enjoy the current tour, the shows are very energetic and I think Bono's voice is excellent right now.

There's only two complaints I have about the set, based on the shows I saw ... and they are really minor:

1. Opening with BD simply does not work. The stringray intro is great, but then there's that kind of awkward pause and BD is a great live song, but not as an opener. U2 shouldn't rely on crowd pleasing classics and old songs to open the show. Many might have hated Breathe as an opener last year, but I still prefer it over BD. At the moment I'm thinking Glastonbury would make a very good opener. They should definitely think this over and get some fresh stuff out there after the intro.

this is absolute proof that the opening sucks. one of the biggest defenders of all things related to the band, says so. it has to be really bad.

I can't resist.

This should be their set list:

1. Acrobat
2. Stand Up Comedy
3. Red Hill Mining Town
4. If God Will Send His Angels
5. Some Days are Better than Others
6. Love Rescue Me
7. White As Snow
8. A Man and a Woman
9. God Part II
10. Like a Song
12. Wire
13. One Step Closer
14. Original of the Species
15. Yahweh
16. Moment of Surrender

Encore
17. Fez Being Born
18. She's a Mystery
19. Cedars of Lebanon

Encore
20. Hawkmoon
21. Wake up Dead Man

this is absolute proof that the opening sucks. one of the biggest defenders of all things related to the band, says so. it has to be really bad.

You're totally wrong about me here, but that's ok. Obviously you've only read a certain portion of my posts here on this forum :)

I can't resist.

1. Acrobat
2. Stand Up Comedy
3. Red Hill Mining Town
6. Love Rescue Me
7. White As Snow
8. A Man and a Woman
9. God Part II
10. Like a Song
12. Wire
13. One Step Closer
15. Yahweh
16. Moment of Surrender

Encore
17. Fez Being Born
18. She's a Mystery
19. Cedars of Lebanon

Encore
20. Hawkmoon
21. Wake up Dead Man

this setlist would make this place explode to both extremes. can something impode and explode at the same time? :lol:

I can't resist.

1. Acrobat
2. Stand Up Comedy
3. Red Hill Mining Town
6. Love Rescue Me
7. White As Snow
8. A Man and a Woman
9. God Part II
10. Like a Song
12. Wire
13. One Step Closer
15. Yahweh
16. Moment of Surrender

Encore
17. Fez Being Born
18. She's a Mystery
19. Cedars of Lebanon

Encore
20. Hawkmoon
21. Wake up Dead Man

If my head didn't explode when they played Hawkmoon I'd be on here bitching about no Drowning Man.

They're more likely to play the Zooropa album in its entirety than play more than 5 songs from that set. :wink:

nice .

Elevation > IALW

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight > Sunday Bloody Sunday

HMTMKMKM > WOWY

Just to name the three most wtffy.

One being gone, one being new - you want change ? you got it (though UV still appears on this leg...) - and one where the two songs are among the most praised performances of this tour.

The best example is I still haven't found/Stuck - two slow songs (luckily gone as well), and pretty much anything/Miss Sarajevo.

Also WOWY-Bullet and UTEOTW/One come to mind from the past.

Beautiful Day doesn't work, it's been overplayed and should be pushed back to the half of the show.

They should open with Magnificent's crescendo and drum pattern at the beginning.

For this next leg, I've decided I'm going to do what the other 59,000 or so people at the stadium do: not read or argue a single point on setlists on The Internet, show up on show night, get right buzzed and scream/shout/hollarsing along with everyone else.

While I'm going to more than one show, I figure if I switch from say beer to Jack Daniels that will be enough of a difference for me to still not pay attention to minute details like if they switched the setlist the second night.

:shrug:

:wink:

Sounds like y'all need a box of Pitnol. It just went up on store shelves a few minutes ago. Be the first to try it!

58590_422944938217_782778217_4883299_8304544_n.jpg

Oh...don't thank me...thank Max from the Zoo!

:wink:

Oh my god. That is even more awesome than our bottle of PITNOL!!!! :shocked:

:grumpy: Can I take one now? I want them to put Glastonbury back in the set damnit. Ditch PITNOL and bring back Glasto!

They didn't play a new song so that they could play Pride instead. :sad:

Did they really need that extra hit in the setlist? Maybe they felt that whole section of ISHF -> EBW -> IALW -> MS was slowing the show down, which is understandable. But why inject Pride of all songs to remedy that?

And plus, "Pride" is being played in the middle of the set, before "Miss Sarajevo"... Both songs with political conotations... WTF are they doing in that part of the set after ISHFWILF? Wasn't the shitty remix of CT supposed to be the "thing" that marked the middle of the two supposed acts of the whole show, being the beggining of the second act exactly the political bloc of the show? Am I missing something or the band really lost the touch about this?

Now, who said that no way this isn't a mere greatest hits show?

because Pride has the exact opposite effect of slowing a show down...

I agree, Pride is a crowd pleaser for sure. I was commenting more though on why THAT particular hit was being played, instead of another uptempo well-known song. It just seems like they always go back to Pride somehow. I wish other hits got some love too.

Also I think they did it best when they were subbing popular songs for other popular songs. IWF trading for NYD every so often is smart. So is SBS being subbed for Pride that one night. I like it better that way. I wish they didn't take stuff away like TUF and the new songs just so they can put more hits in. It just frustrates me, that's all.

Considering they've only played one other time in Greece ever, is anyone surprised that they decided to play one of their most well-known songs?

Find me anyone in Greece (or Moscow) who's been waiting to have the band play there who is going to complain about hearing it. And no, not a fan who's globetrotting and has seen them a number of times. Someone from that country who's never gotten to see the band in their home country before.

I mean, for fuck's sake.

With that logic, U2 should only play hits and crowd pleasers because in any city they play, the crashing majority of the audiences are watching U2 live for the first time and that's what they expect to hear.

I stand by the point I was making, but I'm sorry for the crankier-than-usual way I spat it out.

;)

they need to bring back The Unforgettable Fire! i can't believe they've dropped such an amazing moment - it was just so beautiful with the screen effect...

boo hiss!

Back
Top Bottom