All complaints about the setlist HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dear U2 please add 1 song from POP on this tour or I will explode. Thanks.

I wish the band would stop giving a city's second night concert all the hidden gems (missed Your Blue Room in Boston). Some of the diehards do purchase tickets for the first night gigs! Here's hoping Anaheim1 gets something special next year... :love:

If Vertigo tour setlists didn't make interference happy, nothing will.

I don't think those of us who love Zooropa and Pop would agree with you (and please don't point to Discotheque- two outings in 100+ shows is not covering Pop!).

they should play (let's say) 3 songs from every album
x 12 albums (not counting Passengers)
= 36 songs

+ it's a mistake that they are apparently considering Mercy while not playing anything from October

they should play (let's say) 3 songs from every album
x 12 albums (not counting Passengers)
= 36 songs

+ it's a mistake that they are apparently considering Mercy while not playing anything from October

I take it you mean across a whole tour? If so that's a good idea- I suppose you could bump it up to 45 to allow more from the 'classic' albums AB and JT (though perhaps not ATYCLB haha).

Only complaints I have from the Istanbul setlist:

- In A Little While is still there.
- The Unforgettable Fire is a no-show.

So maybe with MOTD making an appearance we have a chance at In God's Country or Trip Through Your Wires?

This is the 1st sign they have given on 360 that they remember more than tracks 1-3 on Joshua Tree.

Even if U2 don't play Mercy at all, it's still exciting to me that the song is not DEAD after 6 years since it was cut from HTDAAB. I'm a big fan of the song, and while I know the version we all know is only a demo, I think it could've brought some much needed depth and atmosphere to HTDAAB in a finished version. I hope they release it someday, I really like it.

I wonder if these differentiations in this version were from a long time ago (proving that the version we have is just a highly developed demo), or if they've been working on the song/recording the song recently? I'd love to know what the hell is going on in the U2 camp right now, but I think we can all agree something is coming up in the not so distant future.

Mercy has not been dead. Last year, Edge told some fan they were still thinking of it or working on it and that it would be on an upcoming release (i'm pretty sure that last part is true. I know the first two are.)

couple that with Willie Williams trying to convince U2 to play the song for this leg, I think the song has definitely been on their minds.

Very, very nice to see Mercy getting some love. I'm also really enjoying the new arrangement...the pounding drums near the end are going to sound massive live.

So maybe with MOTD making an appearance we have a chance at In God's Country or Trip Through Your Wires?

This is the 1st sign they have given on 360 that they remember more than tracks 1-3 on Joshua Tree.

Well we all know they remember Bullet :wink: And I bet NZ gets One Tree Hill. IGC would be a good choice as something to break out now and then. There are some versions of it from Lovetown that start out just Edge & Bono (similar to how they often played SBS on the JT tour), and then Larry and Adam come in after the first chorus.

I think the biggest obstacle really is that the way their gigs are structured there's not a whole lot that they can rotate on a night to night basis. Basically the songs before and after ISHF are the only spots where they can add some variety (and in the encore I suppose).

I think the biggest obstacle really is that the way their gigs are structured there's not a whole lot that they can rotate on a night to night basis. Basically the songs before and after ISHF are the only spots where they can add some variety (and in the encore I suppose).

You know what the funny thing is. In their eyes they're being absolutely adventurous this leg of the tour.

As Willie titles his entry, "Fearless Looseness":

I'm very much enjoying this kind of fearless looseness that the band seems to have acquired for this leg of the tour. Absolutely my favourite kind of performance is where a show can combine structure with abandon. There are periods that are a solid, known structure, in between which there are opportunities to just do something and see what happens. This opens the door to chance and spontaneity but with the safety net of knowing that if it all goes completely pear-shaped, in a couple of songs time we'll be back on track with everybody knowing what's supposed to be happening.

I guess they consider that one open slot in the setlist as the "abandon" part. :lol:

I'm very much enjoying this kind of fearless looseness that the band seems to have acquired for this leg of the tour. Absolutely my favourite kind of performance is where a show can combine structure with abandon. There are periods that are a solid, known structure, in between which there are opportunities to just do something and see what happens. This opens the door to chance and spontaneity but with the safety net of knowing that if it all goes completely pear-shaped, in a couple of songs time we'll be back on track with everybody knowing what's supposed to be happening.

u2 thinks they are being crazy and adventurous by having a guest play one song, or trying one thing different in a rigid setlist? i guess when you can't play your whole catalog at the drop of a hat (like a pearl jam or springsteen) doing one song that you had to work on here or there is really adventurous. this is u2's only real weakness as a live band.

People keep saying that they are only playing more hits because they are performing in places they never go to. So I guess when they come back towards familiar places, the setlist might shift back to more new/rare stuff. :up:

What if it doesn't though, and they are still smashing Pride randomly in there, and keeping out the new songs or stuff like NLOTH/TUF. :reject:
If that happens, I think I'll probably just give up on worrying about it until N/A comes around.

Sounds like y'all need a box of Pitnol. It just went up on store shelves a few minutes ago. Be the first to try it!

58590_422944938217_782778217_4883299_8304544_n.jpg

Oh...don't thank me...thank Max from the Zoo!

: wink:

:lmao::love:

Considering they've only played one other time in Greece ever, is anyone surprised that they decided to play one of their most well-known songs?

Find me anyone in Greece (or Moscow) who's been waiting to have the band play there who is going to complain about hearing it. And no, not a fan who's globetrotting and has seen them a number of times. Someone from that country who's never gotten to see the band in their home country before.

I mean, for fuck's sake.

:lol: :up:

I was in Athens and it was one of my favourite shows I have seen. The atmosphere was amazing. This was also my 16th U2 show. There was a guy who was near me who was seeing them for the first time. We both had a fantastic time.

The Athens show was for Athens people and I'm very sure the audience enjoyed it - atmosphere was amazing according to people who were there, all the setlist complaints from people who spent showtime in the internet instead of being there in person are just ridiculous.

This is so true. All very well discussing it but bitching about something you weren't there to see is daft. :lol: Still if that's what people want to do it doesn't take away from the awesome time I had. :wink:

Yeah, I mean when I asked for Mercy on that u2.com story about what song they should play, it was meant as a total joke that I never thought in a trillion years would ever happen. :lol:

Honestly, it's these surprises, even if it's one new song played or soundchecked, that's making this leg, in which I haven't attended one show, rather exciting for me.

For this next leg, I've decided I'm going to do what the other 59,000 or so people at the stadium do: not read or argue a single point on setlists on The Internet, show up on show night, get right buzzed and scream/shout/hollarsing along with everyone else.

While I'm going to more than one show, I figure if I switch from say beer to Jack Daniels that will be enough of a difference for me to still not pay attention to minute details like if they switched the setlist the second night.

:applaud: Awesome.

I have no opinion on the setlist because I saw two shows in the city where I live then took my money and went and saw the world instead of following U2 around. Best year of my life! And I was perfectly happy with the shows I saw. :)

Sweet. Then my trip to Ireland next year still counts as Living My Life even if I work a U2 show into it. :wink:

Sweet. Then my trip to Ireland next year still counts as Living My Life even if I work a U2 show into it. :wink:

Sorry, none of this applies to you until you've posted at least 27 times complaining about various aspects of the setlist.

Back
Top Bottom