All complaints about the setlist HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
True.

360 has definitely lacked rockers.

However, I think 2010 rocks a lot more than 2009.

Stingray
I Will Follow
Hold Me, Thrill Me....

Going 8 or 9 songs before playing a slow one, etc.

The songs you mentioned would definitely be welcome, along with Electric Co, Wire, MOFO and Gone!

Those songs would definitely make the setlist better, especially Mofo and Gone. Both Mofo and Discotheque would fit in perfectly before or after Crazy Tonite. I think Discotheque has a better chance at coming back though. I can see it opening the second encore for the 2011 shows also.

I'd love to see Like a Song and In God's Country come back too.

Hold Me Thrill Me was a PopMart song that worked well in the encore as well as the 360 encore. I'm sure Discotheque would translate just as well.

Those songs would definitely make the setlist better, especially Mofo and Gone. Both Mofo and Discotheque would fit in perfectly before or after Crazy Tonite. I think Discotheque has a better chance at coming back though. I can see it opening the second encore for the 2011 shows also.

I'd love to see Like a Song and In God's Country come back too.

Yes, I see that logic also. Ultraviolet was a 90s song from an elaborately staged tour that worked well in 2009/2010 encores, Hold Me same for 2010 encores. I could easily see Discotheque doing the same for 2011 encores. Its not like you said Elvis Presley And America would be a good bet.:lol:

As for Like A Song and In God's Country, I'll dream of a day when they remember anything besides SBS, NYD and 40 from War, but I could see IGC having a realistic shot in America next summer!

I'd love to see both.:up:

Maybe they'll rotate Discotheque and HMTM? :hmm:

While I agree that Discotheque would be a good addition and it would work in the encore slot (Saw it done on Vertigo and it worked well). However, while most of us diehards think this I don't think the band necessarily does (or at least some band members). The "word" during the Vertigo tour is that Disco was dropped because Edge was not enjoying it and did not think it worked well. Obviously things and attitudes could change, but this was a position on the last tour. I'm hoping that the theory/feeling was that it did not fit the Vertigo setlist (even though I disagree with that). Most likely the case, but it makes me a tad more skeptical about a reappearence on this tour. Like I always say, anything is possible, just not very likely. Sometimes its strange what songs get on the bands radar and what songs do not. :shrug:

The fact that they did a significant Discotheque snippet more than a few times gives me some hope they'll play it in full again.

I have no idea why they stopped playing that snippet. It worked so well with Crazy Tonight.

While I agree that Discotheque would be a good addition and it would work in the encore slot (Saw it done on Vertigo and it worked well). However, while most of us diehards think this I don't think the band necessarily does (or at least some band members). The "word" during the Vertigo tour is that Disco was dropped because Edge was not enjoying it and did not think it worked well. Obviously things and attitudes could change, but this was a position on the last tour. I'm hoping that the theory/feeling was that it did not fit the Vertigo setlist (even though I disagree with that). Most likely the case, but it makes me a tad more skeptical about a reappearence on this tour. Like I always say, anything is possible, just not very likely. Sometimes its strange what songs get on the bands radar and what songs do not. :shrug:

Edge also isn't sure if The Fly still holds up. I gotta respect the opinion of the man who co-wrote the damn songs and actually has to get up there and play them, but I'm gonna have to agree to disagree with him on both. The Toronto arrangement was a bit rough, but they had it almost perfected by Chicago. (I still think the second verse needed more guitar, but alas)

The fact that they did a significant Discotheque snippet more than a few times gives me some hope they'll play it in full again.

I have no idea why they stopped playing that snippet. It worked so well with Crazy Tonight.

I think a snippet is the best Bono can get away with given that he apparently can't get Edge to play the real thing.

As much as I ADORE the Discotheque bits in Crazy Tonight, the Relax / Two Tribes combo is absurdly great, and I actually prefer it at the end. I'm glad Bono has found a trashy Bad to use as an excuse to cover random songs that he happens to like.

I told my wife can you imagine the 360 screen turning into a giant mirrorball?!?!??! While they launch into Discotheque?!?!?!

:hyper::hyper:

I told my wife can you imagine the 360 screen turning into a giant mirrorball?!?!??! While they launch into Discotheque?!?!?!

I think everyone secretly hopes for this at the end of Crazy Tonight. It's pretty much the most obvious segue, and it saddens me that they haven't done it.

i've envisioned it being extended with extra smoke and a space shuttle engine effect on the screen while they play last night on earth.

just because it would be awesome doesn't mean u2 want to do it. they've still got half of all that you can't leave behind unplayed this tour, y'know.

i've envisioned it being extended with extra smoke and a space shuttle engine effect on the screen while they play last night on earth.

just because it would be awesome doesn't mean u2 want to do it. they've still got half of all that you can't leave behind unplayed this tour, y'know.

oh god, I just had an epiphany.

The ONLY song from atycbl I wouldn't mind them adding to BD and Elevation... the space theme.. it fits perfectly. WILATW would work in their current mindset. It has both space team and atyclb. So they could replace IALW with WILATW!

Now only a shame that Edge claims he doesn't remember the guitar effects...

WILATW would work in their current mindset. It has both space team and atyclb. So they could replace IALW with WILATW!

If you think "Breathe" kills the crowd...

WILATW is unbearably bland, I never understood the intense love for it in certain circles of U2 fandom. I wonder if "A Man and a Woman" has a similar club?

That stuff is documented by the studio staff, and he could probably reverse-engineer if it need be. It's probably his polite way of saying "Can we just pretend that song never happened?"

DoctorGonzo said:
. I wonder if "A Man and a Woman" has a similar club?

d?"

Yep, and I'm the vice-President of such an esteemed society, was shattered that it never got a run in a setlist

Oh yeah I dug it, I haven't listened to a Vertigo Boot in ages or watched the Chicago DVD in a few years to remember it. Would have been nice to have AMAAW perhaps rotate with Yahweh, anyway I'm gonna quit livin' in the past, Marge!

ACOUSTIC!!!!!!

but seriously, that's one of the few all that you can't leave behind songs i would 100% emphatically support them whacking into the show. watch more people go for a leak and a beer, but if it's good enough for in a little while...
I can't believe I'm saying this but... I think this is the one song I wouldn't mind them bringing back acoustic. Though I'd prefer electric(so Edge just has to get his ass in gear and reinvent it!) I just want to hear it. I believe that most people wouldn't leave the first time they heard it, but two nights in a row may be a bit much. Then again, IALW was my bathroom break each night and that's also a non single.

If you think "Breathe" kills the crowd...

WILATW is unbearably bland, I never understood the intense love for it in certain circles of U2 fandom. I wonder if "A Man and a Woman" has a similar club?

That stuff is documented by the studio staff, and he could probably reverse-engineer if it need be. It's probably his polite way of saying "Can we just pretend that song never happened?"

:wave: Proud member of that club. I love WILATW and AMAAW. The latter for its brilliant bassline. It's a nice relaxing song. And they're playing Scarlet now, and IALW. How's that for crowd killers? Then again, people on here claim MS is a crowd killer, yet at every show I've seen people loved it, especially the opera moment.

And fyi, I didn't think Breathe killed the crowd. It certainly didn't at the shows I was at(Paris, Amsterdam, Dublin).

Actually either Dallas or Edge lost this particular file. Or so they claim.

Hmmm interesting... I've only just glanced at this thread out of curiousity as I have nothing much to add. Have been very happy with setlist for the shows I've seen - but only seen a few so maybe that would change if I saw multiple shows. But even songs I didn't get into so much on albums (eg Boots & I'll go crazy) I've really really enjoyed live and have new appreciation for. Of course, is great to get some less played material - my excitement level went off the scale with AIWIY & LRM.

Probably the only think I don't like much live is IALW - actually really love it at home (had it on replay for a long time) but by the 2nd time live I was a bit over it and by the 3rd I was just going through the motions, possibly due to the accompanying predictable, cheesy, 'get a girl from audience' thang.

That's always seemed like a bit of a weird reason/excuse. Surely he must be able to get an approximate re-creation, and besides, on so many songs, over time, the effects/sounds he uses evolve or change anyway.

But anyway, I'm not a WILATW fan, so... doesn't bother me too much.

When I Look At The World is one of my favourite songs from ATYCLB. I like both Edge's guitaring (the atmosphere he creates) and Bono's vocals (especially towards the end of the song: the ''I can't waaaaiiiit any longer'' part). I'd rather hear this tune than Stuck, Elevation and In A Little While.

That would be epic.

Or maybe they could turn the screen into a honeycomb with bees flying around for ..."Wild Honey"...:|

That would be epic.

Or maybe they could turn the screen into a honeycomb with bees flying around for ..."Wild Honey"...:|

They should play WILATW and get Bono to have a live surf around in Google Earth.

This could actually look really cool with the screen extended.
Which is NOT TO SAY they should play the song. :no:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom