Ali pics part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's such a nice pic. Great find!
Amazing how you think you've seen all the pictures out there, and then one more surfaces.
This was obviously taken on the same day as several others we have seen, including another of Bono and Ali being interviewed outside, and some of the band, all looking like they have bad sunburns. I would hazard a guess that this last picture was taken inside one of the trailers that you can see them standing next to in others taken on that day.
(I think Kelly said she thought it was at the US festival?)

Cool!

What a great photo! I have other pix from that day, but never that one of the 2 of them. They are just too adorable for words!

I like that you can see from the tix around that time - like 1982 and 1983 that Ali is sporting curls. That looks to be the only time over the years she is all curly headed, so it is nice to know that she too joined in the Great-Perm-a-Thon of the 1980's!

LOL! We all had it! Either a mullet or a perm, or if you were me...both at the same time.:eyebrow: Yeah, it was scary!

Thanks for all the lovely photos!

Peace and U2 Love,

Jenny (HowthGirl)

Sorry!

Ok, clearly I cannot spell or type tonight!

I meant "pix" not "tix" - clearly I have concert tickets on the brain!

Hvae a great night, y'all!

Peace,

jenny

You're right, HowthGirl, that's a totally 80s do, and very cute indeed. I was able to resist that trend, but that's only because I have a pathological fear of anyone coming near my head with a pair of scissors (seriously). I've had the same "hairstyle" since I was 13: straight and waist-length.

Niamh_Saoirse said:
veryearly.jpg

How adorable! :love:

Interesting interview with Bono in today's online Observer about Anton Corbijn's upcoming photo book on U2. Here's the link:
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/magazine/story/0,11913,1405169,00.html

This passage especially applies here:
I tell him I was surprised to see some of Corbijn's more intimate family portraits had made it into the final cut, including an extraordinary one of Bono, his wife, Ali, and their first daughter, Jordan. 'Well, first up, she's a beautiful girl, Ali, and Jordan has blossomed into a bit of a belle herself. And, secondly, with time, and with Ali knowing Anton. Normally, she just says no.' So it's down to Ali's policing of your privacy, rather than your policing of it? 'Definitely. I don't have the time I used to to consider these things.'

I really want to see this book now but it's $75 on Amazon. I don't know if I want it that much.

beli found this on zootopia (a user on there has the Sunday Observer uk magazine and scanned it) :bow:

prepare to set you cuteness meters to maximum :cute:

Ali, Jordan, Bono 1989
1c02ddf5.jpg

there's the same pics of the dads too, better quality than the ebay ones, I'll post them in the dads thread

I gather all the pics are from Anton's book :)

Last edited:
What a treasure to see some of these pics years later for the first time!Thanks kelly!:cute:

kellyahern said:
beli found this on zootopia (a user on there has the Sunday Observer uk magazine and scanned it) :bow:

prepare to set you cuteness meters to maximum :cute:

Ali, Jordan, Bono 1989
1c02ddf5.jpg

there's the same pics of the dads too, better quality than the ebay ones, I'll post them in the dads thread

I gather all the pics are from Anton's book :)

OMG! That is sooo cute. Can't wait for the book. 380 photos.:drool:

Last edited:
My highschool best friend Laura looks like Ali, in that particular pic there is a strong resemblance. Laura is Irish, has the same nose, face shape, and dimples as Ali. If I did Laura's makeup- as sometimes I did just to mess around, I would make her look like Ali's twin. And if she dyed her hair dark brown...
Man, what a lucky girl.
Too bad she didn't add up to Ali's awesome personality, warm grace and intelligence...then we'd still be friends.
I wish I could post a pic of her. We should have a thread where we post Ali look-alikes...
:ohmy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom