Album 13: Mirror mirror on the wall, there's no album so let's just talk y'all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Somebody photoshop U2's faces on to a boyband pic. :pray:

boybandU2.jpg

You're welcome.

I-regret-nothing-chicken.gif

Well, AMAAW is exactly what I wouldn't like U2 to bring back - I'd rather have another revival full of chimey guitars. As I once read in this forum, AMAAW is not a love song, is just a song for housewifes to listen to while washing the dishes.

Leave the comedy to Garrison.

Unlike what Bono believes, a good bassline (it sure does have one), a good melody or a great verse doesn't necessarily and automatically make a good song.

Neither does "ambient" or "experimental" music. Or songs with or without guitars, for that matter.

Well, AMAAW is exactly what I wouldn't like U2 to bring back - I'd rather have another revival full of chimey guitars. As I once read in this forum, AMAAW is not a love song, is just a song for housewifes to listen to while washing the dishes.

Well, then I guess I'm a housewife who is washing the dishes.

(And your post is a little offensive.)

Funny thing. If I remember back in the day, we had annual member awards. But I don't think that's gone on since maybe 2001-2002

When someone does not agree with your devotee-blindsheep vision, it's "ignorant", "dissident", "Che Guevara"... What else?

Oh right... You're the one who thinks everyone is against you.

I forgot, as there are so many of you these days, you all seem to blend into one.

Quick guys... Forget about the regular disagreements that everyone else has here on a daily basis... Let's all get together and disagree with Aygo! Baaaaaaaaaa.

No really. You're such a dissident.

The song could have been much better, and I fault Bono. A healthy nudge production-wise and that song could have ended up in UF territory. Nothing really wrong with its structure.

Not even close.

The same E-D riff really is buried in NLOTH. It's interesting because it has a great friction against NLOTH's verse chords, but it's the same basic thing.

To be fair, it's not a super-inventive riff and NLOTH doesn't rely on it like the Fly does.

Neither does "ambient" or "experimental" music. Or songs with or without guitars, for that matter.

Very true! Some people would love to hear a recording of Adam on a harp while Larry just claps a beat, Edge just burps and Bono farts. They would say it was so "fresh" and "experimental" like nothing they have done before (although Passengers is basically the sound of a group of people collectively taking a shit) :)

This forum just can't get rid of the belief that getting out of the box and to experiment automatically means "ambient" or "electronica" or "Edge farting and Larry clapping hands"... That's such narrow-minded vision...

Well, then I guess I'm a housewife who is washing the dishes.

(And your post is a little offensive.)

I'm not the inventor of this thought, someone posted it in this forum a few months ago. I only recovered it to illustrate my opinion.
Anyway, it's way far from being offensive compared to the "dissident", "ignorant", "Che Guevara" childish insults of you and your fellas.

Oh right... You're the one who thinks everyone is against you.

I forgot, as there are so many of you these days, you all seem to blend into one.

Quick guys... Forget about the regular disagreements that everyone else has here on a daily basis... Let's all get together and disagree with Aygo! Baaaaaaaaaa.

No really. You're such a dissident.

You and your mates said that and made it implicit in your comments. I wasn't the one who did it. Even a few pages ago, someone implied that I was ignorant simply based on a divergence of opinion of a song. Now, another of your mates say that I'm being offensive for I recovered an imagetic - that's basic and random - of another user in another thread a couple of months ago.
Y'all need to get a life and stop behaving like members of a sect.

I'm not the inventor of this thought, someone posted it in this forum a few months ago. I only recovered it to illustrate my opinion.

Anyway, it's way far from being offensive compared to the "dissident", "ignorant", "Che Guevara" childish insults of you and your fellas.

Do you even understand the definition of dissident, there's nothing offensive about it. :facepalm:

I'm hoping for the day that U2 plays El Mocambo again before it's sold. Then they can play 12 sold out shows at Massey Hall before they do a major renovation. All the while performing new songs written for their fans.

When someone does not agree with your devotee-blindsheep vision, it's "ignorant", "dissident", "Che Guevara"... What else?

actually, I'm suggesting you're ignorant for reasons having nothing to do with your thoughts on A Man and a Woman.

but dumb ol' me shouldn't have expected you to pick up on that

This forum just can't get rid of the belief that getting out of the box and to experiment automatically means "ambient" or "electronica" or "Edge farting and Larry clapping hands"... That's such narrow-minded vision...

I didn't say it was a 'be all, end all' for any of those things. But even if a song has a guitar riff and a 'traditional' song structure (whatever that is), who cares what is used if the end result is any good? Same goes for anything that's 'out of the box' or with the guys just playing keyboards or something.

It's all subjective anyway. But at the end of the day, a good song is a good song.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom