Achtung Baby/ Zooropa remaster/ reissue - Part V/Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not an extra day's wait that has me crying "bullshit," it's that I paid extra for something, and maybe they'll tell me I'll have to pay more to get what I was supposed to get initially? No.

I feel ya on that. I mean those of us who paid extra for it to get here on release day expect it to get here ON release day. We didn't pay extra for nothing. Better arrive here on Tuesday.

I'm waiting for a response via chat. If they tell me I have to pay more, I'm going to see if I can cancel the order and will buy it at Best Buy Tuesday after work. And will tell them that.

Edit: Thanks for holding Alicia. I am seeing here that you have a pre-order and the Achtung Baby (Super Deluxe Edition) will be released on November 1. And since you chose Two day shipping, you will expect to receive it two business days from the release of the item.

Ohhhh, now I'm mad.

purpleoscar said:
Well then they obviously felt it didn't need much. Do they store the analog masters better in the 90's than before? I remember the Gold CD of UF sounded better on some songs than the recent remaster since the tapes have deteriorated since the time the Gold CD came out.

Achtung Baby was *recorded* in analog. But it was *mastered* digitally, for CDs. They just took that digital master and tweaked it a bit to make a new master, I believe.

So it's possible you could get it on its release day anyway, if you live near a warehouse/fulfillment center. But they can't tell you where yours will ship from.

On the site right now? It says this:

Want to receive this the day it comes out?
Order it in the next 3 hours and 12 minutes, and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout.

I have shown this to my new chat buddy Achilles.

I'm all fired up now. :lol:

So it's possible you could get it on its release day anyway, if you live near a warehouse/fulfillment center. But they can't tell you where yours will ship from.

On the site right now? It says this:

Want to receive this the day it comes out?
Order it in the next 3 hours and 12 minutes, and choose Two-Day Shipping at checkout.

I have shown this to my new chat buddy Achilles.

I'm all fired up now. :lol:

Are all their CSRs named after Greco Roman mythological figures? :nerd:

Huzzah!

Thank you for patiently waiting Alicia. I checked it and you are right Alicia. Usually two day shipping takes two day business days from the day you purchase the item, but for the pre order you would receive the item on the release date.

The site says you still have about 3 hours to do 2-day shipping to get it on the release date, which puts it around noon Pacific time, so that makes sense. Plenty of companies ship on Saturday. All he could confirm was that Nov 1 is still the expected delivery date.

Works for me.

I got an email that said they are upgrading to Next day and the shipping is free. So they must not have been able to get enough copies to satisfy all the pre-orders.

I got an email that said they are upgrading to Next day and the shipping is free. So they must not have been able to get enough copies to satisfy all the pre-orders.

Was this e-mail in response to you contacting customer service, or did you just receive it out of the blue? I have two-day shipping, my order still says "not yet shipped" (although delivery estimate is still Nov. 1), and I'm wondering if I need to raise a fuss or just sit and be patient. I haven't received any e-mails about it.

This debate is kinda like watching a horrible car accident...I just can't look away! And I have old lady ears, can't tell the difference anyway. Sounded great the first time, am just happy they put it in a pretty box full of stuff that I can hoard. :)

Was this e-mail in response to you contacting customer service, or did you just receive it out of the blue? I have two-day shipping, my order still says "not yet shipped" (although delivery estimate is still Nov. 1), and I'm wondering if I need to raise a fuss or just sit and be patient. I haven't received any e-mails about it.

I'm thinking that anyone who contacts Amazon will get the upgrade. Just go to your order and then open a chat. It worked for me.

I may even ask to upgrade me to the Uber version, but I'm not thinking that won't fly too well.

I'm thinking that anyone who contacts Amazon will get the upgrade. Just go to your order and then open a chat. It worked for me.

I may even ask to upgrade me to the Uber version, but I'm not thinking that won't fly too well.

I just chatted with Stella at amazon. As far as I know she didn't change my shipping status or anything, but she did say "I can confirm that your order will be delivered on Nov. 1." I hope so, Stella!

Achtung Baby was *recorded* in analog. But it was *mastered* digitally, for CDs. They just took that digital master and tweaked it a bit to make a new master, I believe.

I think you guys really need to release your pent-up frustrations on this issue via other means?

Maybe a little 'remasturbation' might help you all to chill a little?:huh:

Whoever mentioned the Pink Floyd vibe they get from 'baby' LiB...I agree. I mentioned way back that it's like some bastardized creation of a Kraftwerk/Pink Floyd collaboration.

Pent-up frustration? I think I've been one of the calmer ones in this debate, and I certainly apologize if that post sounded frustrated, because I definitely didn't mean it that way. I was just offering a bit of an explanation.

I'm in Germany traveling for work, but got confirmation that my Super Deluxe was delivered in the UK today. And I only selected "standard" shipping from Amazon.

I was going to just get the 2 CD, but I decided to just get the Super Deluxe, rip the CD's and give the set to my cousin who's in med school and really can't afford stuff like that right now. She's a big fan and once I have the music, the packaging, etc. really isn't important to me anyway.

On that note, I notice the "pirates" have stopped in zoo station and the FLAC's are available on their ship now.

Must be nice to be rich.

It's also nice to save for years when you know something is going to happen.:wink:

I'm just a poor student, but ever since I realized they were remastering everything I started saving a bit. Plus I didn't buy the BOctoWar and UF remasters to save on. So yeah, I'm by no means rich, yet I have my ways of getting what I want by saving.

It's also nice to save for years when you know something is going to happen.:wink:

I'm just a poor student, but ever since I realized they were remastering everything I started saving a bit. Plus I didn't buy the BOctoWar and UF remasters to save on. So yeah, I'm by no means rich, yet I have my ways of getting what I want by saving.

:up:

I'm not rich either. To spend $300 on my uber, I was careful not to spend it on other things.

So what have you guys found out about Amazon getting it to us on release date? I was doing a chat with them and they said that it will "ship when it's released". My chat person was not helpful at all and would not straight up answer my questions.

Anyone else have better luck?

EDIT: Just got out of a live chat with a guy named "Deepack" (wtf?) He said that for pre-orders they get their stock beforehand so that they can ship it out and deliver it by the release date. He said sometimes this is out of sync with their internet shipping system so it doesn't always reflect the latest shipping developments. He says this is why they all still say, "not yet shipped". He said that Amazon will always send a confirmation email telling us that the order has shipped and is on our way to us.

He also had this to say:

Deepak: I see that your item will be released on November 1. We'll normally receive the stock of this before to it and ship it as estimated.
However, I can confirm that you'll receive your order as estimated on November 1.

I told him that I will expect my item on the release date, November 1, and he said to save this conversation and to call and contact customer service again if my item is not there. He was very helpful. Nothing about upgrading or waiving the shipping fees though. I but I don't really care about that as long as I get my Super Deluxe on Nov. 1 and don't have to pay any extra :D

So what have you guys found out about Amazon getting it to us on release date? I was doing a chat with them and they said that it will "ship when it's released". My chat person was not helpful at all and would not straight up answer my questions.

Anyone else have better luck?

EDIT: Just got out of a live chat with a guy named "Deepack" (wtf?) He said that for pre-orders they get their stock beforehand so that they can ship it out and deliver it by the release date. He said sometimes this is out of sync with their internet shipping system so it doesn't always reflect the latest shipping developments. He says this is why they all still say, "not yet shipped". He said that Amazon will always send a confirmation email telling us that the order has shipped and is on our way to us.

He also had this to say:

Deepak: I see that your item will be released on November 1. We'll normally receive the stock of this before to it and ship it as estimated.
However, I can confirm that you'll receive your order as estimated on November 1.

I told him that I will expect my item on the release date, November 1, and he said to save this conversation and to call and contact customer service again if my item is not there. He was very helpful. Nothing about upgrading or waiving the shipping fees though. I but I don't really care about that as long as I get my Super Deluxe on Nov. 1 and don't have to pay any extra :D

Alright, that sounds pretty good to me then. Anyone think they'll ship them tonight then? I've no email from Amazon. I'm expecting it on Nov 1st, however if it doesn't get here then then it won't kill me.

... and LMAO at "Deepack". :lmao:

EDIT: Just got out of a live chat with a guy named "Deepack" (wtf?)
You as an American have the obligation to love outsourcing jobs in India that handle the customer service department of various american companies, Amazon included on the list.

Don't forget that there is a world outside the US with unique and meaningful names besides "Joe" and "Katy", so that next time you don't come with a WTF derived from your surprise and ignorance.

Agreed with the completely unnecessary LOL FOREIGN DUDE comments. Not cool, man. (Edit: "men," as I now see there are two of you laughing at his name. Awesome.)

In any case, I just posted on the previous page the results of my chat with Amazon.

After some initial confusion by the rep talking to me, he did confirm that pre-orders with the 2-day shipping are supposed to get there on the 1st. It took me pointing out that on the item's page, it STILL said you could order it within the next 3 hours, select 2-day shipping and have it on the release date.

While the "WTF" comment did come across in an unfortunate way. Outsourcing IS one of the worse blights on our country. I've certainly lost at least one job to India myself, and we lose them because the people in India don't demand a fair wage or the high standards than we do in the US - and our government allows US companies to hire Indians and other Asians at what we would consider slave wages. If the comments was just about a foreign name, that was ignorant and intolerant. If it was a comment on outsourcing, then yeah.... What a shame!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom