A Tattoo thread.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great idea on the ring idea! I'd love to do that and would love to get something on my hands. The tattoo place I went to refused to do a U2 tat on my hand. I thought that was weird but they gave me all these excuses about how most of society looks down on people with tattoo'd hands....I will go somewhere else.

I think a Celtic design would be very cool...there are lots of books out with celtic designs and their meanings some are rather intriguing and cool.

Has anyone here had a ring tattoo? I wonder how that would feel?

MsPurrl said:
I'm too old (and too chicken!) to get a tattoo. But if I ever did (do), it would be something like my avatar.

Bah, you're never too old to get a tattoo! And, really, the buildup to the tattoo is worse than actually getting one. It does hurt, but it's not excruciating by any means. I think your avatar would make a great tattoo as well!

I've got my next one in mind...its like a gothic cross with a vine of red roses...I have a sample of one that I took of a gift for my daughter...

IMG_2473.jpg

Last edited:
I :heart: it Mr. BAW!

Isn't it funny how we plan ahead for all of the tats...after the one I'm getting Friday, I have my next two planned :lol: They're both going to balance out my arms, both on my forearms and my biceps...

Mr. BAW said:
I've got my next one in mind...its like a gothic cross with a vine of red roses...I have a sample of one that I took of a gift for my daughter...

IMG_2473.jpg

:up: Excellent Mr BAW, I really like that. Where are you going to put that one? I am going for a U2 somewhere I can see it and carefully considering a portrait of my parents but not sure who I want to have do that one or how big. I'd really like to have it done by one of the ladies at LA Ink.....I also know that would be rather pricey. But hey.....tats are investments too, right?:wink:

My sample is actually a journal that Ricky bought his sister for Christmas; I saw it, snapped a picture and them let him wrap it for her!!! Undecided about the size or location...LA Ink's very pricey; look for a guy in your area who's good with portraits...don't be afraid to ask around.

Oh I will definitely shop around and I will know when I find the right artist place and price.

I love the whole idea of your next tat :up: That makes it even more special:wink: And what a very cool gift for Ricky to have given his sister. Very cool. You all are a very cool family! :hug:

Mr. BAW said:
Undecided about the size or location...LA Ink's very pricey; look for a guy in your area who's good with portraits...don't be afraid to ask around.

Have you guys been to the place at The Palms and if so, how was it?

Yeah, Huntington and Hart ( I think)...very foo-foo for us...all the hot guys and gals crowding around and getting the attention...not our kind of place but we've only been there once...from what I recall, you need an appointment days, weeks or a month in advance, very little chance as a walk-in...a lot smaller than it appeared on TV...

During the Vegas shows we did visit H&H. They weren't too busy that afternoon and could have taken me but the small tat I wanted was soooo pricey and the timing and all just wasn't right so I passed. Then in Hawaii I wanted to visit H&H's new digs there but they weren't open yet, so we ended up going to some other place.

Laney_82 said:

what are u going to get?

It's the lyrics "I live a hundred lifetimes in a day, But I die a little in every breath that I take." from a Ben Harper song. It'll be on my right bicep, basically covering the entire bicep in a script. :D

It's a reminder to myself to take advantage of every moment, something I learned far too early, but a good thing to keep in mind nonetheless.

bonosgirl84 said:
Thanks for the info, Rick, I wondered about that :)

How pricey?

$350 (est) for a small 3-D heart (3 color) about 1" in size. I think that's pricey. My most expensive tat so far was $150 (Hawaii) for a 2" flower on the inside of my wrist. I paid approx $110 (euro=US $) for my 1" celtic shamrock on the inside of my other wrist (green and black) and my other 3 were $75 each and size of each is about 1" each. What have others paid for their tattoos?

Parking valet, waiter, waitress, barber, Starbucks....what do you tip your tattoo artist????

My tattoo's have been much larger than the 1" styles; I generally throw a flat $50 on top of what he charges....I've never been dissatisfied with his work...my work has ranged from $100 to $250 per session; longest was 2 1/2 hours...

My first, which is a pretty good sized dove on my forearm, just a thick black outline was $50. Yes, crazy cheap. And the one I'm getting today was priced at $100-120, it's script covering the entire front of my bicep.

Being at home in a smaller town has its advantages. :wink:

For the first, it was about 25 minutes of work, I tipped $10. Haven't decided what I'll tip this time.

wow, the most i ever paid was $90 and it wasn't tiny either, about 5" across 3" high... Then Chriss and i became friends because i was there pretty much every other month getting a tattoo, so he started charging me even less than he would other people...

The first time i was so excited i didn't even think to tip, so i made good on the next two, after that he didn't want to accept any extra money from me...

I paid $150 for both of mine: a 1/2 inch tri-color band around my ankle & red hawk on my left shoulder, about 4x4 inches. Seems like I tipped on my ankle about $50 (I was estatic with the way it came out & the guy cut me a deal on the price because we'd come to him through a friendship with his wife). For the hawk I think it was in the $20 - $30 range, but its been so long I don't remember exactly (the shoulder was 2 yrs ago next month).

For my area those prices were reasonable. Actually, they were pretty damn cheap - I managed to get a hookup on both of them. :cool: :up:

Last edited:
i tipped my tattoo artist the first time i went since i paid with my debit card and the tip thing was there. i figured "oh i guess i'm supposed to tip" and put down an amount (i forget how much) and i heard the cashier and the artist going "wow she tipped you." i was so embarrassed cuz i guess at least here it isn't the standard thing.

as for prices, the two wrist tattoos i have (about 1 1/2" x 1 1/2") cost me $50. the big ankle tattoo i have with the tiger eye and such cost me $90. i think everything else was $75.

If I may say so myself, my new tattoo is amazing! I don't have pics taken yet, I'll post some by tomorrow night. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom