A Tattoo thread.......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright here are a few pics, two days after. It's not nearly as sore as my forearm tattoo was, I'm pleasantly surprised, seeing as how damn much the inner arm hurt to get done. I can't imagine getting a whole tattoo in there, I just had a couple words. Anyway, here it is:

P1130287.jpg

P1130290.jpg

P1130285.jpg

The full quote is: "I live a hundred lifetimes in a day, but I die a little in every breath that I take."

About an hour. Not too bad really, but by the end, I was ready to be done. Especially since the worst word pain-wise was "lifetimes" and it was in the second to last line.

Thanks! :hug:

The thing I love the most I don't think got captured in the pictures very well, but the artist did an amazing job at making the ends of the letters look like they were actually written, so the tail end gets lighter and thinner. The comma is the best example of it, but I'm in love with the whole thing.

Carek1230 said:
Tha'ts awesome! Well done! Can't believe it looks so great after only a couple days too. You're lucky! :applaud:

I KNOW! I'm so impressed that this one isn't sore at all; it doesn't feel like the awful sunburn that my forearm did. It hasn't even scabbed either! :D

onebloodonelife said:

I KNOW! I'm so impressed that this one isn't sore at all; it doesn't feel like the awful sunburn that my forearm did. It hasn't even scabbed either! :D

Your artist did an excellent job then. Maybe lettering like that doesn't scab over so much as colored in designs do?

Carek1230 said:

Your artist did an excellent job then. Maybe lettering like that doesn't scab over so much as colored in designs do?

It must not, maybe because of the thinner lines? The thicker parts are scabbing a bit today, but still not sore at all.

:up:

A mate of mine way back since primary school asked me yesterday to design a couple of tats for him. I've been asked such requests before, but I really want to do the best I can this time around.

I'm still considering getting a tattoo sometimes, when I've got some bucks to spare. I really like this one, but I'm concerned about how difficult it would be for the inker.

shield1ty9lo0.jpg

Also, anyone that recognizes what it is gets a billion points forever.

Got these 2 last year in february, had to do with my sisters fatal car accident in january last year, she was 19 years old and i always wanted a tattoo and i just felt i had to do this.

So here are the two (on the inside of my lower arm left and right).

tattoo3.jpg

tattoo4.jpg

A bit too bright, i might upload some with daylight but i think you get the idea. :)

I choose the text from Kite because it was my song i picked to play at her funeral, and the other part with the suitcase with a broken heart (1 part for each family member), because she takes a piece of everyone's heart with her to heaven and the kite attached to it.

I just had this in my mind and the guy did an amazing job. Still get a bit emotional by it and it reminds me everytime how much i miss her. :)

Awww that's beautiful tho I am so sorry to hear about your sister's fatality. I love how you blended the symbols all together and why you chose the whole concept. :hug:

night_and_day66 said:
I just posted these in another thread, but figured they go better here.

I got this one in January.
It hurt so good.

jttatjase.jpg

OMG, I wanted that exact tattoo (in black) on my wrist! LOLOLO

It looks great by the way

icelle said:
my new one

S6301140.jpg

:up: I like it!

I'm thinking of getting yet another at the end of the month. I have at least 5 ideas floating in my head, and I haven't decided on which to go with yet. I'm decided on my wrist though...it's either going to be a set of headphones in white, possibly with a UV outline, or a design with [fear] on top and an infinity sign on the bottom and then on the underside of my wrist an infinity sign with [hope] under it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom