A few items....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is really Edge, and I don't know what he could say to prove it :hmm: I'd like to know his opinion of Bruce, what his favorite Bruce song is, and what he thinks about Bruce doing the Vote For Change tour

I'd also like to know where he got that lovely new t-shirt w/ the crosses on it :)

guys the Interference staff will have that Q&A set up real soon , a lil easier for Edge hopefully to take your questions that way
Gotta thank Edge for agreeing to do all this..especially in what is a busy time..something about those irish they require very lil actual sleep (waking up is still hard to do)LOL :wave:

Originally posted by Sicy
Gee .... I wonder why he doesnt come back to his threads to reply lol!

That's what I was thinking too. Look people I don't want to sound like a bossy teacher here, but all these years we've waited and hoped for a real band member to come and talk to us and now he has! He is very kind and generous to do this, but he is a busy guy and doesn't have much time to talk to us, and if the threads all go runaway page after page with joking and playing amongst each other and chatting he might not have time to follow it all and he'll just stop bothering and go :( If Edge comes back, please let's honor him and be more respectful of his time and ask him real questions about the album and songs. Okay I hope nobody's mad at me, but I'm sad because you guys had Edge and Bono both online and you let them get away before I got here :scream: :grumpy: ;)

I have another funny question for you mr. Edge. U2 is my favourite band, and I listen to you all the time, when I'm happy, and also when I'm sad and depressed. I put on a cd just to fly away. I was wondering:

Do you often listen to your own music? Do you put on a U2 cd just to relax?

I hope you can answer this one, I'm just very curious :wink:

I agree.....and while we're at it we should all limit our posts when Edge says something so we don't have lots of pages. :yes:

The Edge said:

YES...we will see you on OZ....and just take care of each here other OK?
Blue crack????
:huh:

Edge mate, for when ya head down under here's a few things you might wanna know...

For when you come to Oz may i suggest that you play at the MCG rather than Telstra Dome if the MCG reconstruction is complete.

You remember you went there for ZooTV....in 93...

and ya won't be able to play at Waverley like you did for Popmart coz they demolished the place, don't know why, some crazy housing developer...

And a place to stay, well, I'm sure there is some nice bed and breakfasts in Frankston, and its nice and right by the beach...so you can go for a dip in the water, look out for sharks though...

(Frankston is in the running for best community in the world so you might wanna check it out)

Also if Bono wants to add to his list of "hands shaken of dodgy politicians" we've got a fella by the name of Johnny Howard.
He's a real dodgy one.....

Anyway mate thanks for Vertigo, like it a lot, its good work, keep it up!

Re: Re: A few items....

intedomine said:
Also if Bono wants to add to his list of "hands shaken of dodgy politicians" we've got a fella by the name of Johnny Howard.
He's a real dodgy one.....

Hopefully he'll be gone by then.

Sorry, sorry, dammit, I got politics in the nice thread! :banghead: That's a stain we'll never get out.

Edge is a big REM fan? Cool im seeing REM this friday with Springsteen and John Fogerty. The only thing that would top it is if U2 were in town. Cant wait till you come to Philly Edge!

Renne said:
I don't know how you imagine to do that. :shrug: Everyone would want a chance to speak to him, wouldn't they? :|

Of course, but if you look through all these pages you will see it's mostly people talking to each other that made the thread run away and get so long ;)

LOL A_Wanderer;)

And how did everyone seem to miss THIS?!

Originally posted by The Edge
YES...we will see you on OZ

Surely we must have a lot of happy Aussies here :happy: :yes:

Originally posted by U2Kitten Of course, but if you look through all these pages you will see it's mostly people talking to each other that made the thread run away and get so long ;)

Point taken. :)

Maybe we could have someone could start a companion thread so people have a directly related thread to post in where they can have their internal conversations about questions asked or comments made in the main thread...

I don't think I explained that very well. :huh:

U2Kitten said:

That's what I was thinking too. Look people I don't want to sound like a bossy teacher here, but all these years we've waited and hoped for a real band member to come and talk to us and now he has! He is very kind and generous to do this, but he is a busy guy and doesn't have much time to talk to us, and if the threads all go runaway page after page with joking and playing amongst each other and chatting he might not have time to follow it all and he'll just stop bothering and go :( If Edge comes back, please let's honor him and be more respectful of his time and ask him real questions about the album and songs. Okay I hope nobody's mad at me, but I'm sad because you guys had Edge and Bono both online and you let them get away before I got here :scream: :grumpy: ;)

:up:

:wave: Morning Edge :) Hope you're having a great day.

:yawn: I... slept too long... :|

:hug:

Yea, my bluecrack addiction is out of control, I'm always gettin yelled at cause I stay on the computer all day, when I'm not at school anyway :uhoh:

The Edge said:
OK OK...Bono says HELLO!

ok, now i'm a bit freaked out.
i'm usually pretty cool,
but now my hands are actually shaking at the idea.

i've been waiting twenty years to say hello to bono.

hello, bono.

:wave: Hi Edge Hi Bono!
Thanks for posting
I can't wait to get my hands on that new CD!
Love you guys both!:edge: :bono: :)

I find myself searching and searching...for all Edge´s posts...they are 7 so far...and so far I got to find them all...ah, so happy :)

Gotta love him...gotta love U2 :love:

MT

MrsSpringsteen said:
If this is really Edge, and I don't know what he could say to prove it :hmm:

He could tell us the official tracklisting before it's released:D .

On the topic of REM, I do wish they would put out a rockin' album. I know they still have it in them. I also wish they'd come back to Athens more. I miss the days of everyone having an REM story. I remember running into Michael the very first time I came to Athens in the magazine store downtown. He was looking for an issue of Ray Gun magazine that had a spread of his photos. I remember being totally gobsmacked standing right next to him while he browsed the racks. And then my mother totally embarrassed me when she came up and started talking about Barbra Streisand.:crazy:
Nowadays, most of the students at UGA have no idea who they are. Athens is slowly losing it's musical culture. Many of the landmarks of the Athens music scene are disappearing. They've build houses on the kudzu covered field on the Murmur album cover and the city tore down part of the famous train tressle. The next, and most famous to go will be the steeple from the church where REM first played. It's crumbling and no one wants to repair it due to costs. This all makes me very sad.:sigh: .

Last edited:
Why does everybody want to know the tracklisting?!? Am I the only one who doesn't fricken care? I don't care cause I haven't the other songs and even if I did... is there reason to still care? WHAT DOES IT MATTER! Unless I'm totally missing something here...

U2dork said:

He could tell us the official tracklisting before it's released:D .

On the topic of REM, I do wish they would put out a rockin' album. I know they still have it in them. I also wish they'd come back to Athens more. I miss the days of everyone having an REM story. I remember running into Michael the very first time I came to Athens in the magazine store downtown. He was looking for an issue of Ray Gun magazine that had a spread of his photos. I remember being totally gobsmacked standing right next to him while he browsed the racks. And then my mother totally embarrassed me when she came up and started talking about Barbra Streisand.:crazy:
Nowadays, most of the students at UGA have no idea who they are. Athens is slowly losing it's musical culture. Many of the landmarks of the Athens music scene are disappearing. They've build houses on the kudzu covered field on the Murmur album cover and the city tore down part of the famous train tressle. The next, and most famous to go will be the steeple from the church where REM first played. It's crumbling and no one wants to repair it due to costs. This all makes me very sad.:sigh: .

REM's album after this new one.... is supposed to be a rock album. They are already working on it.

TheWho4Life said:
Why does everybody want to know the tracklisting?!? Am I the only one who doesn't fricken care? I don't care cause I haven't the other songs and even if I did... is there reason to still care? WHAT DOES IT MATTER! Unless I'm totally missing something here...

Umm... it's been four years since U2 have put an album out. Fans want to know what's on the new LP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom