28 pages of U2 in Q Feb 2009 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow this thread just gave me a headache. :crack: It's hard reading trough all the bullshit to find anything decent. Especially with trolls in them too.

Just so you guys know, the tour dates are bullshit and I can add another point why they are.
It's simply impossible the that Kuip in Rotterdam will house U2 again. Simply because the venue is too old and U2's music too loud, there's a tremor risk already with some less loud Dutch acts, and they're building a new stadium next to it.
The chances are most likely for U2 to return to Amsterdam once again.

Does anyone have an idea when the Q mag will be out in other countries? I can't remember when Q should be out here.

well, if hey you continues to come in here and stir stuff up, then I think putting a temp ban or a perm one is at least worth a thought. I have no problem with people joking around and getting peopled riled up once and a while....

Look at it this way with ArtDirector, he just said he heard the clip, and hasn't come back. At least he's not coming back and saying "It's great, so great, it's like the best aspects of U2 *the fly* all put into one song, so great".

I would just forget he even said it. He's been very forthcoming about his source information so far, and who knows, maybe his source told him not to say anymore. Either way, he's not here bugging us anymore (for now).

If he does come back and acts like a child, then hit the ignore button.

They can ban people from forum sections, a ban from WTAHNN would suffice imo. Then we can see in other forum parts if he really wants to contribute to the forum or if he's just here to stir shit.

Honestly, hearing about a couple of lyrics or what someone elses impression of a song is isn't all that exciting to me.

I think more of it has to do with the fact that we want to verify that people are telling the truth. Maybe it's just me, but if someone is bold enough to come on here and state that they've heard a song (or a portion of it), then I feel they need to valididate themselves somehow. It's not because I'm dying to hear new material so bad that I must have details to hold me over.

I think more of it has to do with the fact that we want to verify that people are telling the truth. Maybe it's just me, but if someone is bold enough to come on here and state that they've heard a song (or a portion of it), then I feel they need to valididate themselves somehow. It's not because I'm dying to hear new material so bad that I must have details to hold me over.

That's fine. I guess I don't really care so much whether or not they're telling the truth or not. It doesn't really affect my life, so I don't care.

I'm sorry, but if they both can't provide one small little detail about the clip that hasn't already been made available, then they didn't hear anything. I've been on too many forums where people just flat out lie about what they've heard or know. All I'm looking for is a portion of the lyrics or some kind've description of the music that we can all verify when the song is released.

in the now closed "nloth will leak?" thread, artdirector did return, and said:

"In my excitement I wrote that I did but what I have is just a memory. In a video chat with my source, he played a 20 second snippet of one of their songs. I believe it was nloth. I dont have an mp3. I have a memory..."

so he didnt have a clip, he wasnt holding out.. he heard 20 seconds, was probably blown over with excitement, like any of us would be. is it any surprise he doesnt remember any of the lyrics, or any specifics, other than the general sound?

And even if it's fake, he didn't really give out a whole lot of detail to get you too upset. It would be awesome if he could provide more details, but even then you'd have other people bitching about the sound!!

ArtDirector: "Edge plays some distinct "Edge" sounding guitar"...
Random Fan: "OMGZ11!!! U2 HAVE SAME SOUNDZ, THY SOLD OUTZ!!!"

Again, we probably have 7-10 days before we hear something. And if you get drunk enough on NYE, that will eliminate 2 days from that your mind will even think about U2!! :sexywink:

See? I think if anyone wanted to get taken seriously about having heard the song they would have at the very least tell us how they heard it(accepting the fact that they don't want to ruin the suprise) and then remain quiet about it, rather than keep coming back with responses like this. This is nothing but trolling...

See ya.

See? I think if anyone wanted to get taken seriously about having heard the song they would have at the very least tell us how they heard it(accepting the fact that they don't want to ruin the suprise) and then remain quiet about it, rather than keep coming back with responses like this. This is nothing but trolling...

See ya.
in office of my boss. 10 days ago.

in office of my boss. 10 days ago.

Your boss who works for the retailer HMV? He just happen to be the first music retailer to be given a promo CD in years, a promo CD for a single that hasn't even officially been announced, one that wouldn't serve any purpose?

And that boss just happened to call in his employees and played it twice for a nice office break?

Yeah, I buy that...:lol: You should learn a little more about how the machine works before acting like an insider.

On The Horizon

With the album wrapped, the story behind No Line on the Horizon is set to be revealed. First out of the blocks is Q Magazine.

The new edition, which hits the streets later this week, features interviews with each of the band and in a day or two we'll be carrying video of the photo shoot - narrrated by Adam.

Meanwhile, over at Q4music, Editor Paul Rees, visited Olympic Studios to hear seven tracks 'at various stages of completion'.

'First impressions were that, while the two most recent U2 albums (2000's All That You Can't Leave Behind and 2004's How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb) marked a return to basics, No Line On The Horizon is more in keeping with the spirit of 1991's Achtung Baby: which is to say, a bolder, more testing collection.

'The material itself runs a gamut from the classic U2-isms of Magnificent, which echoes The Unforgettable Fire's opening track A Sort Of Homecoming in its atmospheric sweep, to the straight up pop of Crazy Tonight (the track Will.I.Am was taking a pass at) and the swaggering Stand Up, wherein U2 get in touch with their, hitherto unheard, funky selves - albeit propelled by some coruscating Edge guitar work, a signature feature of a number of the tracks..."

More Q tips from the studio here.

Yes, we already knew that... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom