28 pages of U2 in Q Feb 2009 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now its 91!!!!

I`m just waiting for saturday 27th when I can get into a newsagents in town and hopefully pick up a copy of the new Q magazine. Unfortunately I`m working tomorrow :sad:

I`ll be meggar disappointed if its not in the shops on saturday. I`ll be scanning all the newsagents daily until I can get a copy.....:hyper:

Without having heard NLOTH, it would be cool if they opened the album with the punk version, and closed with the other one. Kind of like what Neil Young did with Rockin in the Free World on Freedom, though I think the acoustic one opened.

Would be pretty cool in concert, too, a big improvement over Vertigo x2.

And you can't forget My My Hey Hey/Hey Hey My My. Neil Young did that multiple times. Thankfully, the songs he chose to repeat were generally among his very best, so if they were to copy that trick, the title track of NLOTH had better be among the better tracks on the album. Otherwise, it's two slots wasted on a shitty song.

:hmm: we haven't heard much about "North Star" and that bunch of songs including "Love Is All We Have Left" ...maybe they dissected those songs and used them in other songs....

:hmm: we haven't heard much about "North Star" and that bunch of songs including "Love Is All We Have Left" ...maybe they dissected those songs and used them in other songs....

you won't hear from every single rumored song out there. they write so many and probably have so many working titles that it's just not feasible to expect to hear from every single song.

treason?
the sun the moon the stars?
bulldozer(probably elevation but still)
etc.

can go on and on forever.

Based only on the little snippets of info that we now have, this album reminds me of:

1) Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby, in that it's going to be another "masterpiece"
2) Zooropa, in that it's going to be weird at first
3) Pop, in that the band seems puzzled as to how to finish recording it
4) all of them, in that it will be awesome

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Based only on the little snippets of info that we now have, this album reminds me of:

1) Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby, in that it's going to be another "masterpiece"
2) Zooropa, in that it's going to be weird at first
3) Pop, in that the band seems puzzled as to how to finish recording it
4) all of them, in that it will be awesome

:drool::drool::drool::drool:

Yeah, you're actually right - but my expectations have lowered since 2000 and 2004. So I'll just what and see. But it would be great if my heart could :heart: everytime I read some album news as were the case back in the good ol' 90's (not on the internet of course but in various magazines ...)

I've enjoyed the snippets of info from the Q interviews. However I personally find it disconcerting that after 2 years there's such a rush of changes at the end of recording. :huh:

yeah, i admit it..i am a loser with nothing to do on xmas day..:reject:

That makes two of us, im upstairs alone on this, while the family are downstairs doing whatever they are doing. Im enjoying it while i can, my little cousins will be running wild round my house in an hour and all my drunk relatives will be calling down at my house soon .. dont you just love christmas? :|

ok, so why not merge the two versions of NLOTH into one, layered, slow, etc at first and then build into a "punk" rocker :hmm:

we still haven't opened presents, and I probably won't for another hour...which would make it about 12 P.M.....but everyone I've talked to so far has already opened presents! what is going on here...is my family abnormal? It's sorta frustrating hahaha

...hopefully I get redrocks or something, I still don't have the DVD :waiting:

However I personally find it disconcerting that after 2 years there's such a rush of changes at the end of recording. :huh:

Yeah, but that happened with Pop, and Pop was awesome :drool:

I opened my presents last night and am just chillin waiting to eat. I wish we got some more news for Christmas...

"Stand up to rock stars/Napoleon is in high heels/Be careful of small men with big ideas." - new Bono lyric

...99.9% of the new album info sounds incredible and has me super-excited, but -- and maybe it's just me -- but does anyone else not-really-like Bono's latest adventures with self-deprecation? :wink: He did it on the last album, too ("some things you shouldn't get too good at -- like smiling, crying and celebrity / some people got way too much confidence baby" [complete with Bono drawing a halo over his head while he sings the line, in the video]). Not a big deal or anything, but I prefer it when Bono isn't so self-conscious! Thankfully it sounds like there's enough swagger elsewhere on the album to make up for it...

:drool:

"Stand up to rock stars/Napoleon is in high heels/Be careful of small men with big ideas." - new Bono lyric

...99.9% of the new album info sounds incredible and has me super-excited, but -- and maybe it's just me -- but does anyone else not-really-like Bono's latest adventures with self-deprecation? :wink: He did it on the last album, too ("some things you shouldn't get too good at -- like smiling, crying and celebrity / some people got way too much confidence baby" [complete with Bono drawing a halo over his head while he sings the line, in the video]). Not a big deal or anything, but I prefer it when Bono isn't so self-conscious! Thankfully it sounds like there's enough swagger elsewhere on the album to make up for it...

:drool:

:lol:

Yeah, I agree with you to a certain extent....

Anyway, is it abnormal for 28 pages of this issue of Q mag to be dedicated to U2? What is it for most bands?

^ I think he's just telling people that he's real and just like everyone else. The line you quoted above is saying he has too much confidence sometimes and the other words is kinda saying that you can get very used to all that and become a phony. So if he throughs some antidotes in the words about himself I think it gives us some insight to himself.

Stand Up lyric
"Stand up to rock stars/Napolean is in high heals/Josephine be careful of small men with big ideas"

October 2008
Bono and Edge fly to Los Angeles to see BB King at a jazz awards ceremony. Bon goes to address 14,000 women. The Edge goes to see Rick Rubin and plays back the songs to him............."And actually I wrote the chords to the chorus (new song) Stand Up.......it was a good trip".

Adam Interview - Did the others have a good album?
I think this has been very, very hard. It's been hard on Edge, cos its taken a lot of his time. And Bono because he had to find new ways of expressing himself. Some of the lyrics are Bono writing in the third person, which is not something he has been very successful at before. Larry found it difficult as well.............Adam.............. I had a really good record. And I dont say that very often. i normally have shit record where I really struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom