28 pages of U2 in Q Feb 2009 Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Buzzcocks and Bow Wow Wow were Punk rock bands from the 70's 80' - a good thing for me!!

Bono on Tour plans
Well. I can't say too much because the LiveNation people would die. But think its fair to say that what we've planned for outdoors has never been done before and that we've been working on it for a long time. It's a feat of engineering genius.

Crap! :ohmy: So that to me says the Hyde Park gig I saw is not as far fetched as I thought :hyper:

Crap! :ohmy: So that to me says the Hyde Park gig I saw is not as far fetched as I thought :hyper:

I doubt they'll play any "big field" venues. Apparently they are insisting on playing stadia of a certain shape and scale which makes me think that it's going to be something like in the round... Im so excited... "...an engineering marvel..." the mind boggles...

Thanks again, windylad! :up:

Every breaking wave sounds FANTASTIC!!! (not the song, the description, of course :D)

Breathe .... hmmm, not sure about the Will.I.Am part. Why is he working on a cello part? :hmm:

No Line On The Horizon ....interesting development of a track. I would love to hear both versions of it. If they put the "punk" version on the album I am sure the other version will surface somehow as an alternative track. I also think once this happens we will prefer the alternative version over the album version :D

Larry's statements about the album are :up: Good to hear that from him, he's usually the most reserved one.

Oh, and Adam having a new girlfriend .... :giggle: ... thanks for the news, I couldn't have made it through the holidays without it.

Hey, xmas has just finished, and my self-imposed exile is over!

Merry Xmas to all.

This is freaking sweet. I cant decide which song i am most excited for given the descrptions!!! Probably Unknown Caller... sosososo different to anything they;ve ever tried lyrically and musically. This rec will be massive!!!:hyper:

Larry is a sage. Really though, from windylad's posts he's had the most interesting, insightful things to say about the album.

The new "No Line" reminds me of that heavy guitar song from Lanois's "Here is What is"; from the start I've thought they were yelling, "No! Line!" and going back it really sounds that way. Definitely some abrasive guitar work, but that song was apparently a go all the way back in Fez so it's hard to imagine that this is the newer one they're talking about. But it's worth a listen for anyone who's forgotten the sound of it.

Really, I want that Eno version of the title track too. :drool:

My goodness though... this sounds amazing.

I do hope Bono's vocals were as strong toward the end of recording as they were around the time of Union Chapel. And that they found a way to make it coherent.

Can we take the Mercy battle elsewhere? I know even I partook in it, but c'mon guys, this thread really isn't the place.

Jesus, apologies for bringing it up, didnt know it would be such a big deal! Yes, I sincerely hope it is NOT 'Moment of Surrender'. While a fine song, I want the least amount of holdover from 'All that..' and 'How to..' as possible.

To get back on track, the descriptions of these new songs are sounding pretty damn phenomenal. And I'm a cynic.

But I hope...

thanks top everyone thus far, but can we not get a scan. We've waited years for this info and picked up every last morsel and analysed it to death and now we have 28 PAGES(!!!!!!). Is it not out there? We don't even need a scanner, a digi-camera will suffice... I am so grateful don't get me wrong, but come on community!!!!!!!

Listening to Beach Clip #3 right now, that has to be "Get Your Boots On"...God, I can't wait for this album anyone...it's sounds so good

An evaluation on this memorable past week on Interference.

When interference are deprived of even a morsel of information on an upcoming U2album, there passion can translate into a dangerous desire for music, resulting in threads dedicated to...

Bono's eyeliner.

Yet don't worry, because finally,at this patience tickling moment, two months prior to the release of a legendary album from a legendary band, Q magazine have come to the rescue. 28 PAGES DEDICATED TO:

:applaud:"U2-NO LINE ON THE HORIZON-MARCH 2nd 2009-THEIR YEAR.":applaud:

through the passionate words spoken from the band themselves, their mothers, guyliner manufacturers and Qmagazine, we have built a vault of drool-worthy descriptions-ranging from 'anthemic' to comparisons to the legendary 'one', of 1991s achtung baby, not only a breakthrough record but a protagonist in the story of U2 and their 'no line' album. a synergy of this and the unforgettable fire contribute to wet floors upon interference, kept pristine due to sicy, our saviour in this time of de-railed and cluttered threads. Not that this is helping. apologiesin advanced :wink:

But one can't help but :drool::drool::drool:

evidence of boredom.

oooh, christmas lunch.

But think its fair to say that what we've planned for outdoors has never been done before and that we've been working on it for a long time. It's a feat of engineering genius.

:hmm: So are they doing arenas in the US and stadiums elsewhere ?

Oy, too many posts to read through on Christmas Day! :lol:

Anyone know when this might hit the shelves in the US? I'm hoping that the local Barnes & Noble or Borders will have it....

Oy, too many posts to read through on Christmas Day! :lol:

Anyone know when this might hit the shelves in the US? I'm hoping that the local Barnes & Noble or Borders will have it....

I called Barnes and Noble yesterday, I work at a mall in Connecticut... they said they usually get it right when it's released, so I'm going to guess maybe Jan 2-3? Give some time for imports? They have had the Jan 2009 edition at mine for awhile- the one with Kings of Leon on the cover. They said they should have it next week. Of course, maybe yours is different.

There are stores in connecticut...shock horror. I went there and it seemed pretty deserted?

huh? just depends where you went. i work part time while i'm in college - have worked at this place for two years. it was packed every day for the past 3 weeks, except when we had the snow storm. there's more than one mall in CT :wink:

huh? just depends where you went. i work part time while i'm in college - have worked at this place for two years. it was packed every day for the past 3 weeks, except when we had the snow storm. there's more than one mall in CT :wink:

haha,sounds cool. I was around the convention centre, which was admist what seemed endless offices. It was deserted. Very calm, very strange!

haha,sounds cool. I was around the convention centre, which was admist what seemed endless offices. It was deserted. Very calm, very strange!

ah okay, pretty new. yeah, that's going to be deserted. if you went 10 minutes in either direction to west farms or buckland hills - you'd have been swamped with consumers. so maybe lucky you. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom