2016 Rumour Dates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tweet says.....

close friends to #estadiounico La Plata sources tell us that @ u2 have booked this stadium for two weeks in March # U2ieTour

yeah, so that implies 2017. Which puts a question mark behind rumours of shows in Austrlia in march (spread by Guy Oseary). Unless march is the end of the Australia leg and they move the South America right afterwards. What's more interesting is that we're talking about a stadium.

Yeah maybe cos the success of the Arena shows last year & the demand is obviously there in EU.

This will make getting tixs much easier for every 1 as well..!!!

We should hear soon over summer i guess if this is to be true

Last edited:
The demand is certainly there. And when the tour started I was counting on the experience part to move into stadiums. Would make sense from a theatrical point of view. But I'm actually really hoping for more indoor shows. I've become a huge fan of the more intimate setting.

Demand is there in the EU - that might be true as well - but the talked about stadium is south of Buenos Aires .. Argentina :)

Yeah just look at
London
Stockholme
Berlin

& of course Dublin the demand is defo there for us in EU

As for S.America im sooo keen to go there love to do a show there

I'm hoping they do something cool set design-wise for stadiums. Thought 360 and the i+e arena stages were very innovative, but I found the Vertigo stadium set to be a largely generic stadium set. (I'm speaking only from pictures and videos I saw).

I'm hoping they do something cool set design-wise for stadiums. Thought 360 and the i+e arena stages were very innovative, but I found the Vertigo stadium set to be a largely generic stadium set. (I'm speaking only from pictures and videos I saw).

I was lucky enough to see The Vertigo Stadium show. San Antonio to Monterrey Mexico was only 4 hrs away!

I was pretty impressed by that design. The screens were great and for those who wanted the focus on the band vs design that was your stadium show to do that.

There weren't many effects or tricks but the sound and video were great.

Ugh of course Australia is going to get dudded with stadiums again. Apart from Popmart Perth we haven't had arena shows since 1989.

I remember reading somewhere that the AFL was putting some pressure on Etihad not to have concerts after the new year because of surface concerns. Maybe they'll play at Aami park...

U2 work with the best people in the business, I'm sure they'll come up with a cool way to transfer the IE stage to stadiums.

This Buenos Aires rumor ties in with what we heard earlier. Rumor has it they were planning 4 shows in at La Plata, which would necessitate renting the stadium for 2 weeks. There were also rumors of 2 shows each in Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, as well as shows in Chile, Peru and Columbia. Probably swing up to Mexico after that.

Remember that if it's going to be in stadiums, they won't be able to return to Europe until May at the earliest because of the weather, so it's unlikely Europe will get shows until summer.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Ive never even herd of this La Plata..!!!

My guess is we could hear something in the nx month or 2 if they planning on starting early 2017

Ive never even herd of this La Plata..!!!

My guess is we could hear something in the nx month or 2 if they planning on starting early 2017

Basically La Plata is a suburb of sorts of Buenos Aires, that has a stadium. It's the stadium U2 played 3 shows in 2011, and numerous other bands like the Coldplay and the Rolling Stones have played it recently. For some reason they stopped having concerts at the larger River Plate Stadium (where U2 played in Popmart and Vertigo), so La Plata is now the "go to venue" for big concerts in BA.

Basically La Plata is a suburb of sorts of Buenos Aires, that has a stadium. It's the stadium U2 played 3 shows in 2011, and numerous other bands like the Coldplay and the Rolling Stones have played it recently. For some reason they stopped having concerts at the larger River Plate Stadium (where U2 played in Popmart and Vertigo), so La Plata is now the "go to venue" for big concerts in BA.

The last "big" concert in River Plate Stadium was Roger Waters in 2012, when he played 9 shows there.. nowadays nobody wants to negotiate with the "hooligans" of that club, because they want a part of the ticket sales, parking, etc.

For that reason, I think that La Plata will be the place of the big concerts here in Argentina for a long time.

The last "big" concert in River Plate Stadium was Roger Waters in 2012, when he played 9 shows there.. nowadays nobody wants to negotiate with the "hooligans" of that club, because they want a part of the ticket sales, parking, etc.

For that reason, I think that La Plata will be the place of the big concerts here in Argentina for a long time.

Just looked it up looks like an awsume Stadium & around 10,000 capacity smaller than R.Plate.

This might be nothing BUT im well keen to go S.A so was looking at Hotels on Bookings.com for the 1st week of March & 1st 2 weeks of March in the La Plata area & nearly every Hotel is SOLD OUT already.

& what date did that tweet say..??

Probably because u2's organization has booked hotels in advance for their crew, staff, entourage, etc. this happens a lot with other bands tours that I've noticed. The first signs of something happening are hotels being unusually booked up.

Not saying it's a fact. Just that sometimes when there's smoke, there's fire.

Especially if that's where they're going to launching the next tour, with a new stadium production, the crew will probably be there for a few weeks getting the bugs worked out of everything.

If there's rumors of a show, superfans will book hotel rooms (refundable for the smart superfans) in hopes the rumors are correct.

Pearl Jam fans booked all up and down the east coast last fall/winter in anticipation of rumored spring dates being correct. Many of the dates were spot on, some were off by a bit and a few cities didn't materialize, but for some fans it worked out well. I don't doubt some U2 maniacs have done the same for SA 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom