2016 Rumour Dates?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think by now South Korea would be a lock for them like it is with other big western acts. And when you look at the extent to which Muse and others have toured Asia, there is clearly demand in the biggest centres.

But U2 isn't all that big in east Asia, I think; even in Japan, the only place in East Asia U2 did shows (correct me if I'm wrong), not a lot of people know them (displayed by that SOI free auto download fiasco)

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference

So according to somebody at u2start (those guys seem to have serious connections...) the tour dates AND the DVD were supposed to be announced on Friday, but weren't. The DVD was listed on Amazon for June 10th, and then was pulled down, so I think that's a safe sign that it's coming.

Hopefully that means some kind of announcement is happening this week.

So according to somebody at u2start (those guys seem to have serious connections...) the tour dates AND the DVD were supposed to be announced on Friday, but weren't. The DVD was listed on Amazon for June 10th, and then was pulled down, so I think that's a safe sign that it's coming.

Something could happen this week, but it all depends on why it was delayed. Was it delayed just to give them more time to organise, or was it delayed because they want to be sure they will finish the album - in which case, expect dates next year.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Something could happen this week, but it all depends on why it was delayed. Was it delayed just to give them more time to organise, or was it delayed because they want to be sure they will finish the album - in which case, expect dates next year.

Good point, hadn't considered that! Either way, I'd say it's about 50/50 on getting dates this year, and about 50/50 on getting SOE within the next year.

really? that's good. i didn't see the part about tour dates, too. Do you have a link to that?

really? that's good. i didn't see the part about tour dates, too. Do you have a link to that?

Sorry, I don't have a link, it was on U2valencia's twitter, and I don't even have twitter. It was off to the side of u2start's main page. I don't know who those guys are at u2start, but they seem to be a much smaller collection of people than interference or @U2, but a lot more "in the know" than anybody on here is.

Don't get hopes too high. I'd say we've got till July for tour dates to be announced.

Well, I think at the very least we'll get an announcement this year. I was never a strong believer of a kick-off in the US in fall. It rather seems like they'll finish the album and go back on tour when it's ready. So that might just as well be in the winter in southern markets (Central / South America, Australia, NZ, followed by Japan). Whether they go to North America before that will probably largely depend on the album.

King Trump banned U2 from touring, please close thread.

DT: "We're gonna build a wall between Ireland and The USA, and we're going to make U2 pay for it"

LMJr: "Wanker"

DT: "The wall just got 10 feet higher"

You have to think logistically they need to get the tour dates finalized soon with the sporting schedules of the NBA/NHL that kick off in the fall regardless of playing the US first, or coming over here in the winter.

A note from U2 via TicketMaster saying

The I&E shows especially the final 1s in Paris were defining momemts for our band MANY THANKS. And as the french say Mille Merci for sticking with us through thick & thin & all the tricks & treats in between.with all the estactic energy WE WENT BACK IN THE STUDIO & WE HAVE IT IN THE BOTTLE FOR YOU SOON

Bono,Adam,Edge & Larry Jr

Thanks for translating that. I saw the handwritten note on Twitter and could barely read what it said.

1 other thing Snow Patrol are wanting to work with U2s producer they are waiting to get in the studio to start recording it BUT they have been told mid/end July thats when he has finished with U2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom