(12-05-2005) More Instant Karma in Boston Tonight - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
More Instant Karma in Boston Tonight

The Larry Mullen Band in Boston again tonight. Thanks again to Gorman, Lila64, Queen Bee and our Setlist Party people!

The set list:

SETLIST:

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo / Dirty Water (Snippet) {Unconfirmed}
3. Elevation
4. Gloria
5. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Promised Land (Snippet)
6. Beautiful Day / Jingle Bells (Snippet) (Change of BD lyrics - Unconfirmed)
7. Original of The Species / Norwegian Wood (Snippet)
8. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / Black Hills Of Dakota (Snippet)
9. Love & Peace Or Else
10. Sunday Bloody Sunday / Rock The Casbah (Snippet)
11. Bullet The Blue Sky / Hands That Built America (Snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home Again (Snippet)
12. Miss Sarajevo
13. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
14. Where The Streets Have No Name
15. One / She's A Mystery To Me (Snippet) {Unconfirmed}

ENCORES

16. Until The End Of The World
17. Mysterious Ways
18. With Or Without You

19. Crumbs From Your Table
20. INSTANT KARMA
21. Yahweh
22. 40

it was a great show! The first one I have been to in forever! Never again will so many years go by and I let finances guide me!
Now for some sleep!
and awesome dreams no doubt!!

The Show was great. My first for the Vertigo Tour. Miss Sarajevo was the highlight for me, and its segue into Pride and Streets was overwhelming.

I just feel the need to say, that I'm a little resentful of the band releasing the DVD before the tour's end. Before you point out that it was MY choice to watch it(it was), I need to point out that I was resigned to the fact that I wasn't going to make it out to this tour. I landed a great deal on tickets the day of the show and was thrilled to be there. That being said, the DVD really took the sting out of it for me. The setlist was significantly different, but so much of the show felt predictable and scripted. I'm not let down, I just feel like the DVD was rushed out just in time for the holiday shopping season and acted more as a spoiler when it should have been a souvenir. Has anyone else experienced this?

Again, I loved the show. I would just be excited to see U2 take some more chances. Instant Karma was cool and it seemed relatively off the cuff. I don't know. Tough to ask much more of anyone than what U2 gives every night. Tonight it just felt like something was missing. I appreciated Bono's acknowledgement of Steve Morse's retirment from the Globe very much.

Last edited:
I am anxiously awaiting to hear the feedback from those who went both nights...I would have loved to have heard Bad!
Next time!! :)

Absolutey incredible show!! I had tears in my eyes for at least half of it. nothing out there sounded tired or worn out.

beautiful day had snippets of "baby please come home"! - big props to bono cause it sounded just awesome.

oceangal313 said:
I am anxiously awaiting to hear the feedback from those who went both nights...I would have loved to have heard Bad!
Next time!! :)

I went both nights, and they were both excellent in different ways. Sunday was very loose and fun, and LOOONG. When's the last time they played 2.5 hours and a third encore set? Monday night had a great setlist, with Gloria(!) and Crumbs. Still a GREAT show, just not quite as amazing as Sunday (which felt more like the farewell show than Monday night). IMHO, of course...

I've been out of the loop set list wise. Just wondering: at which show did they debut Crumbs? I hadn't realized they had played it.:reject:

biff said:
I've been out of the loop set list wise. Just wondering: at which show did they debut Crumbs? I hadn't realized they had played it.:reject:

First play was in Minneapolis on 9/23. Last night was actually the second Boston performance, the first being 10/4.

They haven't played Crumbs much, but I was *thrilled* to get it an encore at Detroit 10/25, oh my god what a treat!

speaking of setlist questions, snippet-department, does anyone know if 'rock the casbah' has been snippeted much before on this tour?
running to hide too for my ignorance regarding 'baby please come home' snippeted in BD...was that the above-mentioned "change in BD lyrics"? :reject:

on that DVD before the show thing...having seen them multiple times now, including two nights in a row, any 'scripted' feel isn't bugging me somehow. I tend to know what might come next, and true it is a thrill when I'm surprised at what gets included, I feel like I get so into the music that even when I know what's coming it's not disappointing. There's still the thrill of the execution, of the particular chemistry that happens.
But I've avoided watching the DVD til I'm sorta done with the tour in all regards...listening to boots of my shows, etc. Because I feel like anything really 'produced' visually would make the show experience so totally different in my mind, I don't want that to happen til I process more fully the real-life version!
But then I don't tend to want to take photos even either...despite my huge appreciation for the people who do, and particularly those who share their recording the concerts!

I don't fault them for wanting to get the DVD out before the tour is over...it's gotta heighten the excitement, never mind the holiday gift-giving season issue. Hell, I preordered a copy and still haven't watched it!
cheers!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom