Hannover Setlist Party Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pic of Larry in the jersey.

4usw8y.jpg

In memory of Robert Enke, Hannover96's goalkeeper.

Bono is singing NYD well it seems. :up:

I'm still kind of disappointed with how the setlist has been shaping up. Seems to be shifting towards more well-known stuff and less everything else. I think they had a good number of hits already in the mix before they went on the extended break. If they felt the need to play different songs, why not just sub them in for other staples instead of phasing out either new gems (like NLOTH/UC) or tour highlights (like UV). Oh well, I'm not actually at the concerts so I have no business complaining I guess.

Bono is singing NYD well it seems. :up:

I'm still kind of disappointed with how the setlist has been shaping up. Seems to be shifting towards more well-known stuff and less everything else. I think they had a good number of hits already in the mix before they went on the extended break. If they felt the need to play different songs, why not just sub them in for other staples instead of phasing out either new gems (like NLOTH/UC) or tour highlights (like UV). Oh well, I'm not actually at the concerts so I have no business complaining I guess.

I agree for the most part. Except for the additions of the 3 new songs, and the two new 90s songs (HMTMKMKM and Miss Sarajevo) I don't like the setlist that much.

I'm so sick of Elevation, Beautiful Day, Walk On, COBL, etc. Why can't they alternate these songs with Gone, The Fly, or even Love and Peace or Else?

And for the love of god push the boundaries a little and play FEZ BEING BORN please :angry:

I'm so sick of Elevation, Beautiful Day, Walk On, COBL, etc. Why can't they alternate these songs with Gone, The Fly, or even Love and Peace or Else?

Because Elevation, Beautiful Day, etc. are great songs that get the whole stadium going, more so than Gone, LAPOE, etc. So I jumped up and down during Elevation and Vertigo last night, as did the rest of the stadium. So sue me.

Because Elevation, Beautiful Day, etc. are great songs that get the whole stadium going, more so than Gone, LAPOE, etc. So I jumped up and down during Elevation and Vertigo last night, as did the rest of the stadium. So sue me.

Spot on,

Just to expand a bit on my comment. I love Gone and The Fly too, so I would be happy to see them being played again (just like I'm happy that HMTMKMKM is being played again). It's just that seeing the whole stadium jump up and down for a song is a great sight too. So why change such a song for one where they don't? If they do leave out Elevation, prepare for it being changed with Pride or something like that. On itself there's nothing wrong with that, just it might not be the change some were hoping for.

BTW, I had a great time yesterday. Good to see them being back again. And Bono's voice was excellent! :up:

I'm enjoying all Matt's video clips.

I noticed that on all the concerts so far, Bono has changed the lyrics of HMTMKMKM.

The Jesus reference "But they'll want their money back If you're alive at thirty-three",
he sings 53 instead of 33 :lol:

I noticed that on all the concerts so far, Bono has changed the lyrics of HMTMKMKM.

The Jesus reference "But they'll want their money back If you're alive at thirty-three",
he sings 53 instead of 33 :lol:

Well, to me this was always a personal song for Bono. The references to Jesus are nice and might put people on a wrong foot, but he is singing about his own life.

Just some choice lines:
They don't know what you're doing
Babe, it must be art

You don't know how you got here
You just know you want out
Believing in yourself
Almost as much as you doubt

They want you to be Jesus
They'll go down on one knee
But they'll want their money back
If you're alive at thirty-three

And Bono is closer to 53 now than to 33 (the age he was when he wrote the song).
But yeah, it's a nice change. :D

And for the love of god push the boundaries a little and play FEZ BEING BORN please :angry:

I love you.
Walk On, BD, and COBL all need replaced.

And omg. Fez would be an AWESOME intro. Fez into Stingray?? :faint:
And then The Fly instead of opening with BD? :combust:

It'd be awesome. :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom